Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't bookmark threads. You have to see them first in the wild in order to bookmark them and that's the benefit of not just going through your bookmarked list. You see more threads that might be interesting. :)

Also I'm very lazy.

So you don't use bookmarks, to ensure that you get to see more threads. But then complain that you won't see this thread, because you won't bookmark it. :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Pennywise the Frown posted:

No, I just won't see it as often as I don't visit PYF very frequently and I only look at the meme thread here.

Well, silver lining, maybe it'll inspire you to visit PYF more and find more good threads!

I mean, theoretically. I only go off bookmarks so I have no idea what other threads exist in PYF.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Ror posted:

thread title not applicable

https://i.imgur.com/kv8djO5.mp4

Some high-quality Legend of Zelda LARPing.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

In 1994, German publisher Heyne lost the rights to publish their translations of Terry Pratchett's work. Why? Because they inserted an ad for loving SOUP into the text. https://gmkeros.wordpress.com/2011/09/02/terry-pratchett-and-the-maggi-soup-adverts/

Heyne marketing director, one Herr Dibbler, could not be reached for comment.

Wingnut Ninja has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Oct 4, 2023

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

`Nemesis posted:

someone's gonna put a bomb in one of those things and we are all just learning to ignore them

I was just thinking we should legalize hunting them for sport, so this would just increase support for that bill.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

kazil posted:

Just live in a dry, temperate climate with good employers and bike infrastructure bing bong so simple

It was one person saying what works for them, there's no need to :goonsay: it into some grand treatise on all transportation methods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Railing Kill posted:

It's not often a goony backlash to physical fitness. It's often a reaction to bike snobs being entitled, self-righteous pricks toward people who live in rural areas or areas underserved by public transit or bike friendly infrastructure. Personally, I wish I could bike or even bus to my job, but my city is like every other goddamn American city and I have three options:

Bus for an hour and still have to walk 30 minutes anyway

Bike 45 minutes and probably die in my commute much younger than I would otherwise die

Drive 15 minutes

Again, this was one single person describing their own personal situation, and you treating it like some massive offense against people who drive to work is absolutely insane.