Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't bookmark threads. You have to see them first in the wild in order to bookmark them and that's the benefit of not just going through your bookmarked list. You see more threads that might be interesting. :)

Also I'm very lazy.

I believe it auto bookmarks a thread when you post in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
"Oh nevermind, it was just a regular shooting. Thank goodness for that!"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I suspect those boxing machines actually measure how fast you make the target move, not how hard you hit it. For something with a lot of mass those will scale together but for something small and light you just needed to hit it relatively lightly with something moving fast.

This distinction, along with an understanding of what might happen after he hits the bag, was lost on this friend. He probably thought "if I throw my whole body at it that will be like punching it really hard" when in fact it was more like bumping into it at 10ish mph. On the plus side he probably didn't feel too much pain from this until the next morning.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Now I'm imagining a larger boxing machine coming up and clobbering that dude even harder.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Upsidads posted:

Ostriches taught Cash how to sing Hurt

Indirectly, yes.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

derp posted:

why no sound, i want to hear what this guy has to say dammit

Yeah, never in my life have I more wanted a video to have sound.

Was that waste oil?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Taeke posted:

Goon: I like to bike to work. :)

Other goons: gently caress you!

More like

Goon: I ride my bike to work, 3 hours a day
Other goons: wow that's a lot, I can't imagine doing that
Goon: gently caress you, you dumb pieces of poo poo

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

ante posted:

That's, uh, very much not it. OP didn't even post again. The first reply is telling them that "you're not supposed to bike that far"

Sorry, I thought poo poo fuckasaurus was the original poster.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Martman posted:

Looks like the schad is on ekuNNN this time

Well I guess I'll just check the ol leper colony and see what happened this ti-

:yikeseroo:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

CainFortea posted:

The camera lady was all "It wasn't your fault" which makes me think that they didn't proof read the tattoo

"It wasn't your fault, everthing's fine!"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Ghost Cactus posted:

People metabolize caffeine differently too. Not saying chugging the death lemonade is a good idea though.

https://pharmrev.aspetjournals.org/content/pharmrev/70/2/384.full.pdf

https://www.newsweek.com/caffeine-metabolism-coffee-drinking-sleep-1834106

Bad snipe e: https://imgur.io/gallery/6cWWJjS

Schades on people who don’t like pigeons.

I work in a research compliance office in the US and I'm just thinking about exactly what we would do if this happened at my place. Lol, and further lmao.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My wife's grandmother had an "indian princess" story in her lineage, but when she was younger in the 50s or something she had her own great aunt set the story straight. Gommie's great-great grandmother was Nipmuc, but she was a prostitute who got pregnant from the scion of a hoity-toity old-money family and they raised the kid. Never actually claimed to be Native, it was more of a "even old money has dumb stories they're ashamed of" thing.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Der Kyhe posted:

If you really need your lung punctured, why not?

Taking a selfie with deer could be a reliable treatment for pleural effusion is what you're saying?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Fuckin Edvard Munch sketch artist

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Didn't she also run a competitive poly harem with all the c suite guys like a horny version of that Kmart exec who destroyed the company by having stores sabotage each other?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
"man why does it look like she's huffing gasoline?" - someone also huffing gasoline

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Drone_Fragger posted:

Do you have a story for that? I love corporations sabotaging themselves because its proof the inevitable contradictions in capitalism will eventually cause it to eat itself.

If you mean the kmart part, I got confused and it was actually Sears. He also owned Kmart and ruined that, but the ridiculous retail cannibalism part was with Sears.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/15/how-eddie-lampert-led-sears-into-bankruptcy-disaster/

quote:

Lampert, meanwhile, had been jumping from one oddball turnaround strategy to the next. He obsessed over competing with Amazon, but refused to spend big on Sears’ web business. After proposing and ditching a number of new store formats, Lampert quietly divided Sears Holdings into more than 30 different corporate silos, encouraging the head of each to compete for resources with the others, “Hunger Games”-style.

It sounded like something out of a novel by Ayn Rand, the capitalist philosopher whose 1943 novel “The Fountainhead” became the namesake of Lampert’s 288-foot yacht.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

I think the power stays in you, in your bones. If you never poop though you'd have the power of person + fractional goose + all that poop, so it's not an altogether terrible idea. Human poop has felled entire civilizations, after all.

What if you pooped your bones out?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Karate Bastard posted:

On that day, I will learn the banjo

Good luck without access to video banjo lessons!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Just to be clear, Wesley Snipes did not, as best as I can tell, go to Romanian prison for trafficking women.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
No, the actual sound he makes is even funnier than that.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Does that guy think "crikey" is short for "crocodile?"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The voice also sounds like Mickey Mouse.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

derp posted:

is a pizza stone just another way to sell rocks to dumb nerds, like whiskey stones, or does it actually do anything

The stone gets hot in the oven and then when you put a cold pizza on it it is able to start cooking the bottom of the cold dough faster than if it was on a cold pan. I assume it also absorbs some amount of moisture from the crust as it cooks.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Bored posted:

That looks like a personalized license plate, too, isn’t it? There’s always a higher likelihood of someone being a huge turd if they have a personalized license plate.

Yeah, I believe it says KINGTY. Also it's not a Bentley, it's a 20 year old Chrysler 300 with a Bentley grille glued to the front.

Apparently it took cops 15 minutes to show up.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I apologize for any spelling errors, I have the robs and am posting on mobile.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
A lot of people in this thread talking like my old buddy who felt good, didn't eat red meat or drink heavily, was only in his early 40s, and didn't think going to the cardiologist was necessary. Anyway we're about a month away from 10 years since he died shoveling snow.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Soul Dentist posted:

Yeah Say Nothing. Terrible vibes with that one for sure.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Wait does this mean that mods predicted or mods knew?

I don't think either, Randaconda only got a handful of slaps on the wrist and had a very large fanbase of other posters (along with like 20 vanity emotes that his fans would spam whenever he posted), until he just kinda disappeared one day. Eventually it came out that he stopped posting because he was in jail for horrible, horrible things.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It looks like that's a film stunt training school, so I assume the idea is you're supposed to put your arms out so it only looks like you're smashing your face into some scaffolding and this guy forgot to put his arms up.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I vowed to myself to live as long as possible so I could ignore the obituaries of the dregs of humanity.

loving Kissinger. I hope he fell arse-first on his Pulitzer.

I believe he dropped his glasses in the toilet, and then drowned in his piss when he went to get them back.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Kissinger/McGowan is such an obvious dichotomy in retrospect. Two men that should have died a long time ago, but one's death is jubilation and the other a tragedy.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Multiple people died yesterday, and Alistair Darling.

ftfy

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Reminds me of that clip of the girl very slowly falling off the railing on a very high stairwell while someone drunkenly keeps saying their name over and over

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
If salt hosed them up so bad, were they made of ice? Were they a giant slug?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Were they made of my blood pressure?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
What are you a loving idiot? You think drinking cat jizz is going to knock you up with a litter of puppies? It was dog cum you moron.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Everyone seems mildly surprised to find that guy in there, particularly the guy that was in there.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Ah, the Brutalist Enby Taco Bell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think it makes sense, think of a camera flash being very brief but very bright. Our brain ignores the darkness in between strobes and just sort of fills in the pieces. You'd lose some detail, especially on things that are moving relative to you, but again our brain is just going to either fill in or ignore that anyway.