Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

Like 3 a year, and the 300 times someone tries that poo poo and just immediately loses the puck don't go viral on twitter

Don't get me wrong, like everyone else I don't give a poo poo about the Coyotes so I hope he tries to do a Lemieux impression every time he gets the puck on his stick. Would drive me batty if he was playing for a team I cared about though.

You can just enjoy the cool goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Nuge could get there too. He's signed for 6 more years.

Also lol at thinking Leon or Connor are going anywhere. There's virtually no chance at that. They're not the Flames or Canucks!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Leon isn't getting 16 a year. He'll get somewhere between 13-14 to be higher than Matthews and the highest paid in the league for a year. Connor will get 15. They can do both.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Connor's agent has free reign to run the team how he sees fit. Just lol thinking those guys are gonna leave.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Just lol at *superstar* is gonna leave their NHL team when they're a free agent.

Well unless its the Flames or Canucks.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

No Oiler has ever famously departed the team.

Wayner left for Hollywood when he was forced out by Pockington so his wife could chase her uhh dreams.

Lauren Kyle has Kyle & Co thriving in St Albert designing oil money chic interiors for the alt right hockey moms of Sherwood Park, St Albert and Fort Saskatchewan.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Wayner left for Hollywood when he was forced out by Pockington so his wife could chase her uhh dreams.

Lauren Kyle has Kyle & Co thriving in St Albert designing oil money chic interiors for the alt right hockey moms of Sherwood Park, St Albert and Fort Saskatchewan.

Lenard is the goddamn CEO he's not letting them leave that thriving business.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

Can androids get drunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j8kUXxxStA

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Prices not going up in 5 years seems like a dream that could not exist, regardless of the quality of the team.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Flames keep Backlund with a 2x4.5 deal. Name him captain.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I also learned through this article that Brandon Sutter is an Oiler apparently and I suppose I have some bad news about your upcoming season, Connor

Sutter is on a PTO. Probably like 50/50 he signs but they don't really have a 4th line centre so

Edit: The Oilers also don't necessarily need a 4th line centre but I'd imagine if they sign Sutter it'll be on a 2 year deal so they can hopefully get him through waivers since to get him on the team means either losing Lavoie or sending Holloway down.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 28, 2023

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Leon's in midseason cheap shot form.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/GustlTweets/status/1707259545184289018

I dunno what exactly led up to this but lol Clarke looks terrified.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

lol Mark Stone is always such a grump. Pacific is gonna be a bloodbath this year.

But Brandt Clarke better not stay terrified of people cause uhh that's not gonna go well for him.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

In really awful news about Chris Snow :smith:

https://twitter.com/kelsieswrites/status/1707079338385133884

ALS is awful. My uncle passed last year 6 months after diagnosis. Godspeed Snowy

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

Vasilevsky is out two months with back surgery. You can always count on Tampa to come up with some fascinating new way to become technically cap compliant.

Weren't they already once Seabrook went on LTIR?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I get doing it with a forward because they're stacked but what a gamble to start the season without a goalie
that could break badly for them very fast

There's also no benefit to them. They're cap compliant if they were running a 22 man roster

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/jimmathesonnhl/status/1707204177120870882

Wow such disrespect!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

Is the NHL actually going to reschedule a preseason game rather than just cancel it and refund tickets?

CBA demands 6 preseason games minimum and I believe Rangers only had 6 scheduled.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I like that the Bakersfield Condors beat the Calgary Flames last night and i don't care that it was preseason

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Alex Wenberg should not be blocking a teams best prospect.

But you could also stick Wright on a wing of you need to. Even the AHL seems fine tbh

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I wonder if they told him he'd have to go to Bakersfield and he said nah I'm good.

Edit: seems like he doesn't fully feel healthy so RIP. Sucks for him

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 2, 2023

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Sochi beat Ska like yesterday. (do not look at the shots for/against)

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Look I'm gonna need Rex to dig up some skorskis and do an effort post on it before I label Michkov a bust.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Duckman2008 posted:

“Only one team has a higher chance of winning the Stanley Cup this season”

I am happy that the Oilers have won the math Stanley Cup this season.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Broberg and Holloway are too now

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

This sucks!

Counterpoint:

The Oilers fuckin rock

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I am very excited for the Oilers to rock out all season again. Maybe Jack Campbell will be good!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

Oilers are going to win the presidents trophy easily then flame out in the playoffs (hopefully to the Flames in the first round for extra comedy).

lol the fuckin Flames.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

I'm surprised it didn't get a mention but Bettman made it pretty clear expansion will be happening in the near term the other day.

Friedman made it clear that Salt Lake City is going to get the Coyotes or an expansion team, and that Atlanta, Quebec City and Houston are possibilities.

Who's ready for the 34 team NHL?

I'm actually ok with more teams provided Bettman never dies thus holding his no more playoff teams mantra cause the play in would suck rear end

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mind_Taker posted:

The Capitals waived Nic Aube-Kubel after signing him to a $1.225M contract extension last season. If he goes unclaimed they'll have a small dead cap hit.

Kind of weird. I didn't expect a guy who just got re-signed to be waived but I'm not unhappy about it since it means some of the younger guys will get a shot. Carbery has seemed great so far but it's still just preseason so I'm not getting my hopes up too high given the roster is closer to a lottery team than a playoff team.

I'd imagine the idea that his salary is too high to be claimed. Its one of the reason end of roster guys get just over the amount that can be fully waived or 2x800k ish deals

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Jhet posted:

I think you could easily replace the wild card with a 4 team play in though. Three games between 7-10 and 8-9 would be exciting enough to fill a week of hockey, and put something in the dead week between regular season and playoffs starting.

gently caress this!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I like the divisional format but don't give a poo poo generally how they seed.

Adding two more teams on either side stinks though. Seeing an 81 point team getting trounced by the #1 seed does not sound like a good time.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Columbus had 81 points two seasons ago in 10th.

That team fuckin sucked!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I dunno I'm pretty into the Oilers beating the Kings and Flames every year in the playoffs.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

The format doesn't matter. The only reason to care is if you're afraid your loser rear end team's record was a smokescreen and they need their hand held through the playoffs or they'll go on to lose to like... I don't know, some bigot team from Florida or something.

Ya i agree with this. At some point the best teams will play each other or else they weren't the best teams.

I like watching my team play the teams i dislike instead of Minnesota or whoever from the central that i can't name more than a half dozen players on. I wanna see Huberdeau eat poo poo and McDavid break Markstrom's brain over and over.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I also would be into that and a fully balanced schedule so that i get less Oilers playing at 1030pm Eastern and more Oilers playing at 7pm

Don't think the east coast fans of east coast teams would enjoy the change though!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It seems like the Sabres roster on opening night is gonna be:

Skinner-TAGE!-Tuch
Peterka-Cozens-Olofsson
Greenway-Mittelstadt-Benson
Girgensens-Krebs-Okposo
Jost

Dahlin-Clifton(?!)
Power-Jokiharju
Samuelsson-E. Johnson
Bryson (lol)

Levi
UPL
Comrie

Bryson is still there but Stillman was waived even though Bryson sucks and they traded for Stillman at the deadline. Olofsson was never traded so he’s just kinda there. The defensive pairs are stupid. Are they gonna do the three goalie thing again? Weird choices all around. Is this actually an improvement over last year? Seems unlikely right now.

Edit: Clifton played in the USA national hockey development program under Granato, in case anyone was wondering why they are overvaluing him.

That RHD is dire

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

A bit surprised the Oilers waived Lavoie. He seemed to finally get it together after being injured for a couple years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/EvolvingHockey/status/1711365907413451068

Lmao these predictions are deranged