Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
The story already has Argentina and the UK fighting on the same side; I think we're well past "anime storyline" mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Operation Daniela's Fury -- ABM Buzzard debrief

ABM Buzzard debrief

Understanding of plan: Venom 2 arrives on station and launches HARMs at radars – condition DELTA – Panther 1 and 2 arrive on station and destroy SA-11s completely – condition CHARLIE – strikers (including Uzi, nominally under condition ALPHA) sweep once over target area and go home. (In other words, sequential, not simultaneous).

Assets took off at roughly 1800—requested Venom 2 and Panther to expedite and all other assets to hold as they reached orbits, as their strikes were required first. Observed launches of HARMs from Venom 2 but was unable to confirm hits. Called for Panther to expedite after HARMs launched and Venom 2 pressed attack (including loss of Venom 2-1)—post-op debrief noted that one SA-11 site was destroyed but was unable to verify loss. Held striker assets back repeatedly until Uzi called low on fuel and Panther 2 called to go and ordered all assets to go. Had no visibility on non-radar targets (everything not an SA-11 or HQ-7), so could not assist other strike assets. Panther 1 called for coordinates on SA-11—required long communication time to provide coordinates (first in DMS, then DM.m). Ended up vectoring them over previously destroyed SA-11 site. Also controlled Ford some distance south, and had to get cued by ABM Condor to track hostile air for them. They overflew unknown near CNS Aspirante and engaged former silkworm site.

Possible changes to future planning:

Call for expedite destabilized timing of operation—should not have called for that.

SEAD/DEAD is timing sensitive—staggering initial takeoffs and/or establishing time-on-target for hold points and target launches may be necessary for complex operations. (This is also true for strikes which must be simultaneous, e.g. anti-shipping attacks such as prior mission)

F-16s and all other aircraft operating from El Calafate could possibly take off earlier, or all other flights be delayed to ensure F-16s get on station first. (Strikers were already holding orbit before Venom 2 and Panther were on station, which is why I requested expedite.)

Did in fact observe SA-11 radars on ABM map—should have been more forthcoming to vector Venom 2 and Panther onto targets.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Vahakyla posted:

The ingame loretime will grind to a halt, so it's currently the morning and-or night before, so MSFS flights etc will be doable, as will be the early Electronic Warfare related things, which Davin will be posting about.

EYES ONLY PRIORITY

DTG: 0000Z 06MAR2010 [March 5, 2100 local time]

FM: 1ER EA, FACH
TO: SACACOM

INFO: PLAN MOVEMENTS

1. PLAN FLEET MOVEMENTS OBSERVED ON ELINT

2. DURING SYSTEM TESTS IN ADVANCE OF OPERATIONS 1ER EA FACH DETECTED SHIPS IN 1ST AND 2ND PLAN FLEET OPERATIONAL AREAS

3. 2ND PLAN FLEET SORTIED SAG FOUR 054A FFG ONE 052C DDG APPROX 25 NM ESE NAI GRAU

4. 1ST PLAN FLEET SHIP HANGZHOU OBSERVED APPROX 22NM NE NAI BEACH ASSESSED EQUIVALENT MOSKVA/IMPROVED SLAVA CLASS CG

BT

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 8, 2024

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

EXTRACT AAR/MESSAGE FORD 1-3 TO FORD 1-1

DURING ORBIT TO ESTABLISH T1 TARGET AREA OBSERVED PLAN ATTEMPTING TO RE-ESTABLISH SILKWORM SITE ON ISLA CARLOS III

ROUND WHITE BUILDING OBSERVED AT 18000 FT DURING OVERFLIGHT

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Kaal posted:

Admiral Ileana Maria Sampaio
South American Combined Armada

Suggested Aircraft: C-130 Hercules (freeware) / C-160 Transall (payware) [Medium Cargo]
Payload: 10 PAX & 9,000 kg
Route: Villa O’Higgins Airport, Chile to Puerto Santa Cruz, Argentina to Villa O'Higgins Airport, Chile (SCOH > SAWU > SCOH)
Distance: 680 km / 370 nmi

REPORT TO SACA MOBILITY COMMAND WRT SEEBEES DEPLOYMENT

(20000 lb crate used to approximate cargo)

CURRENT CRISIS HAS NECESSITATED USE OF "ON-THE-JOB" LEARNING FOR TRAINEE PILOTS

AND ACCUMULATION OF FLIGHT HOURS BY LOADMASTERS AND OTHER CREW UNDER OPERATIONAL CONDITIONS

SEABEES AND EQUIPMENT UNLOADED AT PUERTO SANTA CRUZ TURNAROUND ON RUNWAY REQUIRED DUE TO FEET DRY CONDITION OF FLIGHT

FLIGHT ALSO SERVED AS AUTOPILOT FAMILIARIZATION FOR FLIGHT CREW

OHIGGINS APPROACH NECESSITATED NOE FLIGHT PRACTICE

FLIGHT RECORDING ALSO AVAILABLE FOR PERUSAL BY FLIGHT SCHOOL

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Kaal posted:

Service Support Order: Airstrip Survey

Suggested Aircraft: OV-10 Bronco (freeware) / A-4E Skyhawk (payware) / AV-8B Harrier (payware)
Targets: Cerro Guido, Chile (SCGD); Esperanza, Argentina; Coy Aike, Argentina (SAXW); Estancia San Ramón, Argentina (SAEK)

REPORT TO SACA MOBILITY COMMAND WRT AIRSTRIP SURVEY

OV-10 BRONCO SQUADRON FRUSTRATED BY INABILITY TO ASSIST IN WIDER WAR EFFORT, HAVE PERFORMED SURVEY WITH ASSISTANCE OF SKYHAWKS FROM MINAS GERAIS AND PUERTO NATALES TO LOCATE STRIPS IN QUESTION
(yes, that's a Colombia livery, I know...)

ESTANCIA SAN RAMON AIRSTRIP CLOSE TO ROAD AND IN GOOD MIDDLE POSITION BETWEEN EL CALAFATE AND PUERTO SANTA CRUZ, BUT HAS SIGNIFICANT UNLEVELED PORTION ON NE END OF LONGER RUNWAY ENDING IN DROP

COY AIKE UPKEEP DETERIORATED DUE TO CURRENT EMERGENCY--GROUND IS FLAT BUT WAS DIFFICULT TO SPOT BY SURVEY TEAM; LIKELIHOOD OF MISSING IN EMERGENCY HIGH. ON BRIGHT SIDE, WELL POSITIONED NORTH OF RIO GALLEGOS

ESPERANZA ROAD LONG AND PAVED, AND TOWN SERVES AS MARKER FOR LANDING. HOWEVER, ONE END OF RUNWAY ENDS IN TOWN, AND LOCATION SITS ON MAJOR EAST WEST SUPPLY ARTERY. MITIGATING THIS, NOTE SECOND ROAD NORTH OF POSSIBLE ROAD STRIP SECTION

CERRO GUIDO AIRSTRIP IN GOOD ORDER AND MAIN RUNWAY IS WIDER THAN OTHER TWO AIRSTRIPS. LOCATION ALSO GOOD FOR BINGO F-16S. LARGE NUMBER OF DIRT ROADS IN THIS PART OF ARGENTINA MAY CONFUSE LOCATION, HOWEVER.

RECOMMENDATION:
ESPERANZA: ENSURE ALL TAKEOFFS DONE TO WEST AND MAKE EFFORT TO ERECT CRASH BARRIERS INTO TOWN. ENSURE ALTERNATIVE ROAD NORTH OF ROAD STRIP REMAINS CLEAR TO PRESERVE EAST WEST SUPPLY TRANSFER. IF THESE CONDITIONS CAN BE MET THIS WOULD MAKE A GOOD ROAD STRIP WITH APPROVAL OF TOWN RESIDENTS.
CERRO GUIDO: MARK AIRSTRIP WITH FLARES AND LIGHTS. SECONDARY RUNWAY MAY WORK AS TAXIWAY/PARKING AREA FOR AIRCRAFT
COY AIKE: DESPERATELY IN NEED OF INDICATION OF LOCATION. RUNWAYS ARE VERY SHORT AND NARROW. MAY ONLY BE GOOD FOR HELOS AND HARRIERS.
ESTANCIA: EITHER USE ONLY EAST-WEST RUNWAY OR ENSURE ALL LANDINGS ON LONGER RUNWAY ARE DONE FROM HEADING ~040 TO AVOID HITTING HILLOCK. WOULD NOT ADVISE USE IN EMERGENCY DUE TO ROLL RISK FROM UNLEVELED SPOT
GENERAL: OV-10 IS DESIGNED FOR SHORT FIELD AND UNPAVED RUNWAY LANDING. C-130, HELO, AND HARRIER LANDING ALSO VIABLE. ADDITIONAL TESTING NEEDED IF LANDINGS CAN BE DONE BY CTOL AIRCRAFT.

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Vahakyla posted:

MOBILITY FLIGHT UPDATES AND RESULTS

Seabees deployed to Puerto Santa Cruz. They're now in the AO. However, the USMC F-18s have left the airport already to Rio Gallegos. If ground commander wants to repair Punta Arenas Airbase, these seabees will accelerate the process.

Task: a flight to move Seabees from Puerto Santa Cruz to Punta Arenas, and that will open up one of the runways fully upon completion.

REPORT TO SACA MOBILITY COMMAND WRT SEEBEES DEPLOYMENT PT 2

(as before 20000 lb crate used to approximate Seabees cargo)
BEFORE TAKEOFF SEABEES OBSERVED LOADING ADDITIONAL CIVILIAN VEHICLE PROCURED LOCALLY AT PUERTO SANTA CRUZ CONFIGURED FOR AIRBORNE DROP

RECEIVED LETTER FROM SEABEES COMMANDER, READ IN FLIGHT

Extracts, OPERATION BURRITO posted:

SITUATION: The Seabees' reputation as the ones who "get there first" has been challenged by the front suddenly moving forward after our arrival in theater 27MAR2010. We are now being deployed to Punta Arenas to assist in restoring airport operations there. The city has been hit hard by PLA occupation, and many of its current aid supplies are still in Zapala Airport (SAHZ). While we cannot move those supplies here ourselves, we have used the ceasefire period productively, and will reaffirm the reputation of UDTs 3 and 4 who welcomed the Marines to Guam in WWII...

MISSION: Seabees detachment deploys by low altitude aerial insertion along with aid truck, and provides aid as needed and able en route to Puntas Arenas Airport proper...

SERVICE SUPPORT: "Aid truck" is civilian used vehicle from defunct manufacturer purchased in Puerto Santa Cruz, restored to working order by Seabees, and filled with spare rations and candy donations privately solicited from US...

OPPORTUNITY TO TRAIN FLIGHT CREW IN AERIAL INSERTION PROCEDURE MUCH APPRECIATED. FARM AREAS WEST OF PUNTA ARENAS SELECTED AS LZ

OBSERVED OPENING OF CHUTES; INSERTION OF DETACHMENT SUCCESSFUL

NONTRADITIONAL LANDING APPROACH REQUIRED TO AVOID PLA AIR DEFENSE IVO TIERRA DEL FUEGO

REMAINING SEABEES LANDED WITH AIRCRAFT AND DEPLOYED IMMEDIATELY AFTER TAXIING TO TERMINAL