Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

🚀✈️ Greetings, fellow VFA-101 aviators! 🚀✈️

Just dropped in to share some news straight from the tarmac of Comandante Luis Piedrabuena! Yours truly just had the privilege of commanding a trial landing of a fully loaded, max weight F-14 Tomcat.

Picture this: taking off from Puerto Santa Cruz with a full load of fuel and stores, soaring up into the skies above, with the weight of the squadron (and thousands of pounds of bombs) on my wings. The engines roaring, as we sliced through the air like a knife through butter. But hey, that's just another day in the life of a Tomcat pilot, right?

Now, here's where it gets really exciting. As we approached the runway at Comandante Luis Piedrabuena airport, I knew it was time to put my skills to the ultimate test. With nerves of steel and precision in my veins, I executed a landing approach that would make even the most seasoned carrier pilots nod in approval.

Smooth as silk, we touched down with grace and finesse, leaving plenty of room to spare. The runway was ours, and we conquered it like true champions of the sky.

So, to all my fellow VFA-101 aviators, remember this day. For today, we proved that the F-14 Tomcat isn't just a machine – it's a symbol of power, precision, and the ability to land almost anywhere.

Until next time, keep reaching for the skies!

Fly high and stay legendary,
EdEddnEddy
Ace Pilot, VFA-101 Grim Reapers Squadron

Take Off.

Landed. Just have to fly it on the glideslope of a normal carrier approach.

P.S. Yes the livery is wrong. The ground crew didn't want the livery to be a part of my plane in case it ended up all over the tarmac in this test.

Track File of the flight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU