Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumme
Mar 2, 2013
I'll cast my vote on Rabbit Bravo, as while we do not know the enemy air defences, waiting is just going to let them set up more, and potentially cost us ground troops. And I feel the units at Bravo require our support more in their defence, as currently they are in a very useful position to tie up forces on that side. They also act as an already excisting bridgehead for any future ground actions there, but reinforcing them, or if needed, pulling them back over the strait, would be risky and a logistics mess, so keeping them alive over there should be prioritized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumme
Mar 2, 2013
A small notebook gets tossed to Ponitac 2-1, with a post-it note on the cover; "Still alive, will make a proper AAR once they let my frostbitten rear end out of the hospital. Hope you're still alive, did not like this 30 klick hike. Lumme." The notebook contains a few pages of timed notes starting from almost legible handwriting, progressing to illegible, and a ripped of piece of map.

In case this notebook is found on a corpse, please return to Peruvian Air Force 412th squadron, should save them time figuring out my latest gently caress up. besides, gives me something to vent frustrations on when taking breaks on this lovely hike.

2010/02/19 08:49
Got shot down by a MIG-21 about 40 minutes ago, splashed down in the norther channel between what I believe to be Isla Santa Inés and Isla Peralta, swam to norther shore. Emergency radio is gone, so no ability to call assistance, and Almighty knows what’s happening in the air. Probably best to head towards our special forces on Glaciar Vasquez, starting to NW.

09:22
loving compass had flipped polarity, was in reality on Isla Peralta, did someone store this thing next to a damned CRT? Heading east (actually this time) to a narrow point between the islands, gently caress swimming. At least it isn’t raining anymore.

11:15
Over on Isla Santa Inés finally, swimming is for madmen. Heading towards the glacier, hopefully the map is not hiding some terrible fields of rocks along the way. And I certainly hope that the temperatures don’t rise too much by then, walking on the glacier is going to be bad enough without meltwater and soft snow.

14:57
That ridgeline sure doesn’t look inviting, wish I had crampons.

??:??, 17 something I guess?
Well, I’m over the ridge and on the glacier, too bad I (and the watch) got bit wrecked sliding down, at least nothing is broken, probably. But hey, if the coroner asks WTF with all the bruises you can point to this.

??:??
gently caress it’s dark, cold and the loving boots were not made for this.

??:??
I sure hope I’m just seeing things up here from the exhaustion, otherwise I’d swear I saw moving dots against the blue of the snow. Hope I don’t run into any PLA stragglers.
Are there wolves on these islands?

2010/02/20 20:17
Can’t believe MRE:s can taste so good and a lovely sleeping bag feel so warm. I did run into a patrol from the radar, after somehow spending somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 hours on some 10 kilometers of glacier. Good thing I had the IR light on for them to spot, otherwise I’d probably continued to the other side of the glacier in a trance. Not going to ask what was in those energy tablets in the survival ration.

Getting a helo ride somewhere to be checked up, probably for the best, some body parts look unhealthily white. Sending this over to El Turbino along with a scribbled on map, rest of Pontiac can get a good laugh at my expense.

Next time I'll just write a bone-dry AAR, I should never be let close to any kind of creative thing.

Lumme
Mar 2, 2013
PONTIAC 1 FLIGHT

LOADOUT:
2x MAGIC II, 2x SUPER 530, external fuel tank.

COMMS:
In-flight 132.50, A2A ABM CONDOR 261.00

TASKING:
Should be quite simple mission, orbit near WP DIEGO, clearing the way and providing CAP for FORD and GARY flights TASMO missios on the western side of AO BOLT, rearming and refueling at Rio Turbio as needed.

FLIGHT PLAN:
Takeoff from Rio Turbio.
Fly to WP DIEGO, SSW for 71mi from the field, altitude 30,000ft.
CAP at WP DIEGO, intercept enemy as directed by CONDOR
Return to Rio Turbio (preferably with the plane).

Lumme
Mar 2, 2013
PONTIAC Flight Plan

Well then, due to the terrible losses some madman has made me the flight lead, luckily this mission has nothing too complicated in it, for us that is.

Our objective is to fly BARCAP at AO BOLT, taking of as usual from SAWT, flying to WP2, and flying track between it and WP3, goin after anything CONDOR points at. WP4 marks the danger west-east danger line, which we should not cross unless we absolutely have to.

Loadout on our two M2000C:s is, as usual, 2x Magic II, 2x Super 530D and centerline tank.

Lumme
Mar 2, 2013
Dodge 1 Tasking

To make things more exciting in this war, we'll be doing strikes at the ferry terminal over the strait, so load up all the GBU-16:s, and if someone in the ground crew manages to bolt even more of them on I'll by them several cases of beer.

Mission:
Strikes, in targets being in descending order of importance the landing ships followed by command and logistics equipment. AFAC services will be provided by Rattler 1, so target selection is in their hands, but lets not count out the possibilty of self-lasing if needed.

Flightplan:
Take off from SAWU, ascend to 32k feet, fly to WP2 at PLATE, loiter there until SEAD has done it's thing and we are called for strikes by Rattler 1 at TGT point at the ferry terminal. After munitions expended keep loitering at WP2 in case we are needed to engange air targets, return to SAWU when released.

Loadout:
2x AIM-9, 2x AIM-7, 4x GBU-16 Code 1688

Lumme
Mar 2, 2013
DODGE 1 ORDERS

Alright, today we'll be providing CAP to our ground attackers while they soften the defenses in Punta Arenas for our ground pounders.

Mission
Simple, provide CAP at AO Bolt to protect attackers.

Flightplan
Takeoff form SAWU, fly to WP2 at ALMAGRO climbing to 35k ft, for CAP line between WP2 and WP3, 20 mi SW from ALMAGRO, follow CONDOR:s directions until released, return to SAWU.

Loadout
9x AIM-9, 6x AIM-7, 2x bags

Lumme
Mar 2, 2013
Dodge 1 Flight Plan

Alrigh, we'll be doing CAP again, dissapointing as that might be to our pilots more accustomed to bombtrucking, at Punta Arenas to cover our SEAD-flights in their hunt for SA-10:s, and assist at that with our TALD:s.

Mission
Providing CAP at AO Arrow, and on signal fire our TALD:s in the direction of Porvenir Airfield to lure the SA-10 radar out.

Waypoints
WP1: Aeroclub Rio Gallegos
WP2: 20mi WNW from PELE
WP3: 35mi SW from PELE
ST: Porvenir Airfield

Flightplan
Take off from SAD4, proceed to WP2 to begin CAP, track between it and WP3. On MATADOR turn towards ST at Porvenir Airfield, accelerate to mach 1 and drop TALDs. Return to CAP and contunue until RTB called, return to SAD4. And may the gods help us on landing.

Loadout
9x AIM-9, 6x AIM-7, 2x bags

I would be very thankfull for mission makers if you manage to get Porvenir to be on Tomcats Surface Target waypoint, so we don't need to wrangle with Jester and risk F10 map crashes to get it to a waypoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumme
Mar 2, 2013
Dodge 1 Flightplan

Well, finally it is time to blow poo poo up on the ground, and it will be just sligthly dangerous due to altitude constraits putting us in small arms range.

Mission

Mission is simple, together with multiple other flights bomb the everloving gently caress out of enemy troops and equipment in one pass at a CSS PLAGF BSA at WP3, alternative target CSS BDE at WP4, but that has heavier equipment so our effectiveness might be diminished. Bombing altitude will be low, at max 500ft from sea level.

Flight plan

Take of from SAWC, turn to WP1 at EVITA which acts as IP, climb to 32,000'.
After order to go given, fly to WP2 at SCDW, from there turn to our target at WP3 and drop to 500'.
Drop our Mk-82AIR:s at WP3 in one pass.
Continue same course over TdF, once Atlantic reached turn north, follow the cost until over mainland.
From there climb to cruise altitude and navigate back to SAWC at WP5.

Loadout
2x AIM-9, 18x Mk-82AIR, 2x Ex.Fuel.