Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
I'm pining for the fjords. Also mirages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Volmarias posted:

I got DCS Black Shark, and decided that perhaps having to learn Cyrillic to start up a helicopter was a bit too far into the sim genre for me at the time.

Ok, I hear you. What are your feelings on swedish or french though?

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

That Works posted:

If you’re on the fence about signing up for this just know that the A4 module and base game are completely free and with just a joystick and cheap webcam airgoons can get you flying in an afternoon or two.

We're not in kansas caucasus anymore

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Steak posted:

-It is quite annoying to get the hang of the nose wheel steering on the ground. It's operated via left and right wheel brakes so you'll probably end up off the taxiway once when you're learning it. But it's fine when you get used to it.

Our version doesn't have nose wheel steering, it's just freely castering. You're turning by differential braking.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Vahakyla posted:

QUESTIONS!?

Maybe explain a few of the TLAs to make it easier for non mil aviation nerds to follow.