Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deWaardt
Apr 15, 2024
26 tons of well needed good have been transported!
Taking 26 tons of spare parts and munitions from Rio de Janeiro to Puerto Natales.

For those keen on the numbers, here's the flight report:
https://fshub.io/flight/2972259/report

Loading up went as per usual, the trucks came and got me the goodies.

Looking good over the night sky! Bit of a tailwind pushing me along, always nice to have.

Had to whoop around once at landing, had some difficulty spotting the runway due to it not having runway lights, but RNAV'ed it again and got there in the end! Perhaps I should get a better sleep schedule and fly during the day. Ah well.
Was a little concerned about runway length, but with the predicted landing weight I would only be needing about 1400m, which is less than 1800m!

Touching down at 0627Z, bit firm but have to do something with this short of a runway!

Bit of a logistical challenge, are you sure we should be operating aircraft this big here?

Anyhow, flight completed!

deWaardt fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deWaardt
Apr 15, 2024
Chilean Relief Bravo completed in two short hops!

First hop was done in the DC-6.

What a beautiful craft!

I'll just park here, thank you!
Yes I indeed drive a Mercedes.

The second hop was done in a BAe-146.

VFR means river chasing, right?

Stopped her right before the end!

https://streamable.com/

Enjoy a very crappy recording of a very crappy landing!