Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Seriously no social reforms are gona be possible with these evil mind control companies in everyone’s brains. Like I really feel we’re totally screwed unless we do something, as any positive mass movements are algorithmically sabotaged by these companies before they can have any effect.. but how can we organise when they control most of the lines of communication? We’re probably hosed but for the sake of conversation let’s pretend we’re not! What we gona do my sweet goons?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I don't use 'em. They don't bother me.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
ill make the website and start linking it on X and fb

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Can't go outside when there's so many people to relentlessly own online.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Live in the woods until your body breaks.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Complain about it on a dead gay comedy forum

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
That would require me to engage with something I actively avoid.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I closed all my accounts years ago op. I guess more people should do that?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

post a half-assed gbs thread about it op

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Go unplug your grandma's computer, that'll kill Facebook.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

just gonna mostly ignore the problems with them and keep living my life until i die because its not really my responsibility

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Start a cable company that kidnaps and murders people and has a fat redneck spokesmodel that shows up at weed dispensaries and shoves medical card people around with immunity and then change the name of the company when you get caught (and literally do nothing else), legally absolving you of all liability. Keep winning municipal bid contracts at 6000% the cost of reasonable competitors with complicit politicians for the next 9 years without any police interference. Put hot bonds on all the fiber optic trunks and bury a whole city and put the whole shitshow behind a media blitz of nasty, derogatory comments about its occupants and their primary victims and actively stalk and block all data for anyone who says anything to the contrary, again uncontested by law. Never disclose that the whole operation is owned by Shabazz and financially backed by blood diamond mining and slave labor, or that the high capacity data backend is intended for the micromanagement of new genetic phenotypes and super soldiers and the general dissolution of all civilian media and communication via other service providers. :shuckyes:

Overdog fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 25, 2023

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Overdog posted:

Start a cable company that kidnaps and murders people and has a fat redneck spokesmodel that shows up at weed dispensaries and shoves medical card people around with immunity and then change the name of the company when you get caught (and literally do nothing else), legally absolving you of all liability. Keep winning municipal bid contracts at 6000% the cost of reasonable competitors with complicit politicians for the next 9 years without any police interference. Put hot bonds on all the fiber optic trunks and bury a whole city and put the whole shitshow behind a media blitz of nasty, derogatory comments about its occupants and their primary victims and actively stalk and block all data for anyone who says anything to the contrary, again uncontested by law. Never disclose that the whole operation is owned by Shabazz and financially backed by blood diamond mining and slave labor, or that the high capacity data backend is intended for the micromanagement of new genetic phenotypes and super soldiers. :shuckyes:

its all owned by the genie Shaq played in a movie??

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Chief McHeath posted:

its all owned by the genie Shaq played in a movie??

Yeah hahah it's so silly we're all so silly.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Dump water on Yellowstone until it erupts

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Wait, no, don't start a cable company actually. This poo poo too hard to lift.

Everybody is choosing THAT pipe and getting so silly, getting addicted to dog anus nanochip, getting all their hacker data from people who know they're being hacked, and that's all there is in their lovely little rat brain worldview. :okpos:

Overdog fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 25, 2023

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
we show them how we die: posting

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I think social media is a fad that will go away on its own sooner or later. Like forum posting or ICQ

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

GABA ghoul posted:

I think social media is a fad that will go away on its own sooner or later. Like forum posting or ICQ

Icey Q or I seek you? :thunk:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I'm writing a sternly worded post about it right now, OP.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm gonna forward this message to all my friends at the old folks home.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Perhaps all the owners and would be owners could be killed?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i suppose some sort of massive sun flare could wipe out the communications network and set us back a few dozen years

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

On the pipe, high and silly, and the victim of everything. :okpos:

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

GolfHole posted:

i suppose some sort of massive sun flare could wipe out the communications network and set us back a few dozen years

I wanna get hosed over by nature AND corporations as some sort of proof that they've been god all along.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm not a huge tick-tocker, but my understanding is that there is a lot less social interaction on the new Gen alpha platforms. They are much more advanced skinner boxes than Instagram or twitter and manage to greatly cut down on any distractions that keep you from watching ads.

I think once these platforms take over, the corrosive effect of social media on politics will be over. Like, Facebook or Twitter need to drive "engagement" by spreading right wing propaganda and fake news to get people's attention, but Ticktock just highjacks your dopamine system directly. You put a person in front of the ticktock app and they will just continue scrolling and watching ads indefinitely, until they starve or lose consciousness from exhaustion. No need for politics at all.

e: well, ok, you'll die of dehydration before starvation, but the point still stands

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i tried tiktok once and was like what the gently caress is this where's the volume control and then i uninstalled it

anyways i propose making posts comprised solely of a twitter link to be bannable

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'

GABA ghoul posted:

I'm not a huge tick-tocker, but my understanding is that there is a lot less social interaction on the new Gen alpha platforms. They are much more advanced skinner boxes than Instagram or twitter and manage to greatly cut down on any distractions that keep you from watching ads.

I think once these platforms take over, the corrosive effect of social media on politics will be over. Like, Facebook or Twitter need to drive "engagement" by spreading right wing propaganda and fake news to get people's attention, but Ticktock just highjacks your dopamine system directly. You put a person in front of the ticktock app and they will just continue scrolling and watching ads indefinitely, until they starve or lose consciousness from exhaustion. No need for politics at all.

e: well, ok, you'll die of dehydration before starvation, but the point still stands

Strangely comforting, thanks

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Personally I think more cynicism, resignation, and detachment is the answer.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

digitalist posted:

Finally, a game plan with me in mind.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Looking forward to the year when the major political parties are people aligned with the different factions in skibidi toilet.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

No video games until you admit that your mom is and always was a bitch.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

digitalist posted:

Yeah. And if this doesn't work, we can still try to do something later.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

The only solution is to sign up for Bluesky, the new ethical twitter :smug:

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i will post directly to elon about this on x

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

The only solution is to sign up for Bluesky, the new ethical twitter :smug:

I'm sorry what? The cache is solving and I'm a little :lsd:

It's only gonna take 35 minutes unless some loving basehead starts loving with it again.

Overdog fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Sep 25, 2023

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
ghandi and mlk didn't need social media to bring about social reform

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

poo poo your god damned pant

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Incitatus posted:

ghandi and mlk didn't need social media to bring about social reform

gandhi was racist enough he could've posted on twitter/x though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The first step is crucifying Mark Zuckerberg upside down in Times Square. Dead serious. I know this in my heart. So do you. So does everyone.