Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Due to the sudden departure of the previous thread leader (wherever you are, please know that we believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty!), we need to elect a new one. Now we all know each other pretty well here in the functional, drama-free environment that is GBS, so I think we'll keep it simple. Post one reason you'd be a good thread leader. You may also, if you wish, post one reason somebody else who is in the running would NOT make a good thread leader. Once we've got a good solid handful of volunteers we can move on to debate and discu..*puts hand over mic and turns to listen to someone whispering frantically in his ear*

Ok we won't be moving on to debate and discussion, but I think we could argue and talk about who the best candidate is.

I'd make a good thread leader because as the OP of this thread, if I don't win I will simply close it. I'll take my ball and go home. Also, whoever the second person to enter the running is, I think they'd make a terrible leader because second place isn't really all that impressive if you think about it.

Good luck to all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i will let people do whatever they want as long as it's cool and/or funny

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Power should only be given to those who don’t want it so it should be given to me

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Tough on anime. Tough on the causes of anime.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

placeholder. and bookmarked.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Elect me leader and I will reanimate the lifeless corpse of Osama bin Laden.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I prefer to tell the person in charge what I think they're doing wrong, with my feet up at my desk, and reading a reprint of TMNT #1.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

flubber nuts posted:

Elect me leader and I will reanimate the lifeless corpse of Osama bin Laden.

Flubber nuts has made this promise every ejection and has never delivered

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Now I won't say if elected leader I won't not embark on a theatrical reign of pointless cruelty and bloody handed malice against you all. But I'm not, not saying that either, unless I am. Or not.

So I guess the real question is, do you all feel lucky?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
When I am elected, there’ll be free BBQ for everyone, even the losers and haters.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

whoever leads my balls to their mouth most attentively gets my vote for leader

i’ve been using the balls test for over two decades and it has never failed

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i could be leader emeritus

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

a vote for me is a vote for farts

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This thread needs an enema!

ok bye!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I promise *not* to read your posts!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Vote for me and I'll let you wear basketball shorts and hoodies.
Oh and hotdog talk anytime anywhere.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I will lead this thread into an era of prosperity not seen since mid-Epique

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I'm posting in this thread just this once so if you elect me as thread leader I may have no idea and I certainly won't do anything about it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Icochet posted:

Tough on anime. Tough on the causes of anime.

Hello

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I hate threads and I hate leading

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Mozi posted:

i could be leader emeritus

you have my vote and full support

who would you like me to shoot a black powder cannon towards first?

note: we're talking SUPER LEGAL black powder cannons, the kind that go off here all the time and the state police say "lol. lmbo".

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
oh as leader emeritus i have no real decisionmaking power, i can just continue to wear my leadership robes and get discounts

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If elected, I will not lead.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Not much of a leader but if any prospective leader needs an evil vizier type I'm happy to stroke my goatee and cackle in the shadows while doling out dubious advice.

fe: to other people of course! I would only give my most brilliant and helpful advice to you, my leader. (cackling)

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

If I’m not picked as leader I will post my cock and balls and hairy rear end in a top hat in this thread and none of you will ever be able to remove that from your minds

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
I happen to have irrefutable evidence that all other candidates are nazis/commies or migrant aliens from the Sudan.

The evidence is so explosive that I cannot in clear conscience share it with anybody.

It’s that bad.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Buce posted:

I hate threads and I hate leading

threads are fail and so are posts. imo.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I don’t want to be the leader, but I’m down to be like a trusted advisor or something.

Not a “right-hand-man” or anything like that. That actually sounds like a lot of work. More like a kind of guy whose just always chilling in the background who everyone knows. And then whenever important discussions are happening I can chime in with something profound from a smoky corner every now and then.

Something like that would be perfect for me.

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Led through the mist, by the milk-light of moon, all that was lost is revealed.

GetDunked posted:

Not much of a leader but if any prospective leader needs an evil vizier type I'm happy to stroke my goatee and cackle in the shadows while doling out dubious advice.

fe: to other people of course! I would only give my most brilliant and helpful advice to you, my leader. (cackling)

I'm announcing my campaign to be the evil vizier's comic relief sidekick. If elected, I will be voiced by Gilbert Gottfried Patrick Warburton.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
If you vote for me I can't promise you good times. I won't lie, things will be hard, it will be a struggle, not many of you will make it, but those of you who live through the tough times a head, under my leader ship you will grow, and for ever after you will be thankful for all the pain, suffering, and death knowing this thread made you all -other than all the dead people- better people, living a better life.

Thank you.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

If elected fearless leader I will fly a plane into the twin towers.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

flubber nuts posted:

If elected fearless leader I will fly a plane into the twin towers.

Another promise flubber nuts can’t keep

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I can respect that. If your leader isn't willing to aim for the stars and lie for you do they really care enough to be a leader?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I wouldn't just be the greatest leader this thread has ever seen. I would be the greatest god any of you pathetic nobodies has grovelled before.

All these other posters talking about elections and promises. Here's my promise: Any who dare meet my gaze will not enter into the afterlife.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This thread needs an enema!

ok bye!

This is exactly what I hear in my head every time I see the thread title.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If I’m elected you guys are gonna see some cool poo poo. Wild stuff, stuff you ain’t never seen before and won’t soon forget. Mind-blowingly awesome events that I can’t specify right now but they’ll definitely happen if, and only if, I’m elected leader of this fine thread.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

I’ll make the cafeteria serve ice cream for lunch every day and I’ll ban homework.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I’ll make the cafeteria serve homework for lunch every day and I’ll ban ice cream.

You'll thank me when the posters of all the other threads die of ice cream poisoning.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i will lead this thread to its closure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

dang some stiff competition since I posted this.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i will lead this thread to its closure

I'm glad we have similar agendas, gives me some hope that things will work out even if I'm not chosen