Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Nothing to brighten up my evening like checking my subscription feed on YouTube and seeing a new Metroid LP by Natural 20 in the list. :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

But there is no need for grinding in AC6, other than grinding your skills to get good, you have no level ups, you can more or less swap out parts and your entire build on the fly and sell back at the same price as buying so theres never a reason to try different plans if you get jammed on a boss.

I haven't had a chance to play AC6 yet, but this was always one of my favorite things about the older Armored Core games on PS1 and PS2. It's a refreshing change for a video game to simply have a fixed price for both buying and selling so that there's no net loss/gain of resources, and therefore no risk of accidentally screwing yourself over by experimenting with new part load outs and equipment configurations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I've never really enjoyed shine spark puzzles in Metroid games because it always feels like the designers map out the exact bare minimum number of spaces you'll need to build up a charge, and then that's all you get. So you have no margin for error or wiggle room. It's intensely frustrating.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Omobono posted:

Isn't the vulnerable phase on the Chozo trial boss on a strict timer? So you're supposed to keep track of the cooldown for it and line up your shot by prediction, not reaction.

Doing perfect stealth is hilarious though. Space pirates go from celebrating they shot down the Hunter to "oh god oh god an even angrier Hunter is here plasma beaming our base"

Yeah, I think that's the trick based on what I saw in the video and from what I vaguely recall from playing this myself years ago.

The vulnerability window decreases after each successful hit, so that by the time you get to the last one, you have to predict it instead of react to it.