Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Zero Mission’s a game I feel conflicted on because while it’s the best way to play the original Metroid story by and large, it has one of my least favorite control physics on Samus in the entire series, where she’s simultaneously too twitchy and too heavy for me personally that makes me not want to go back to it very often.

That being said, it’s an excellent first timer experience for Metroid thanks to the challenge being scaled back and early exploration being well guided by the Chozo statues. Especially for the format it was designed for, it’s an elegant solution that makes ZM great for pick up and play sessions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Omobono posted:

Which game had the fake OG Metroid 1 Kraid the room before the actual modern* design Kraid all later game use? Super Metroid?

*1994 isn't exactly modern but you get what I mean

Super Metroid did that, yeah. Was a literal massive showcase for the Super Nintendo to pull that trick too.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Commander Keene posted:

Also not really a huge fan of the boss, TBH, for mainly the same reasons Nat stated. Knowing that the boss is vulnerable on a timer is one thing, being able to keep track of that while the boss is careening around the room and shooting lightning at you is a different story. I also beat it mostly by luck. IMO the whole suitless section sucks, then you're back in the Power Suit with all your missing upgrades and the game is good again.

Honestly looking back, I think boss fights are Zero Mission’s worst aspect by a mile, they’re either too easy or frustrating or both.