Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Nice people, very cool residential architecture, lots of great good and wine, plenty of jobs, nice weather (bring a jacket!), what's not to love?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
The bay area sucks. California sucks. Liberal Texas.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I dont like it being techbro bugmen Mecca. I dont like the streets smelling like poo poo and piss mixed with weed. I dont like the rampant property crime. I dont like the rich people.

good weather if its not fire season though

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

San Francisco is nice if you can afford it.

You can spend all your time sniffing farts from wine glasses and trying out new food delivery apps.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
it used to be better before every single doughy white UW madison epic reject wisconsinite moved here

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

love the new tiny tim album and i haven't cut my hair in two years. hey it's me posting in the 1970 thread

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

it used to be better before every single doughy white UW madison epic reject wisconsinite moved here

yeah it feels like a lot of the charm and vibrancy of the city has been sucked out by those types of people, same with austin and seattle. honestly when people talk about how they hate the kind of people you run into in a city theyre often referring to the transplants

DarkSithLord has issued a correction as of 05:54 on Sep 27, 2023

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

DarkSithLord posted:

same with austin and seattle.

yup

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

no! noo!!

i wish i could go full remote and move to ft davis or some poo poo. there are more people in austin that moved here than when i was born and so basically everyone's a transplant to me. every person in my friend group was born out of state but consider themselves natives beacuse they've been here since 2006. everything changes every six months lol it's so awful

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
don't forget portland

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i say swears online posted:

no! noo!!

i wish i could go full remote and move to ft davis or some poo poo

a flock of 22-30 year old product managers, software developers and ux designers from loving Ohio or whatever are going to come for you

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

biceps crimes posted:

a flock of 22-30 year old product managers, software developers and ux designers from loving Ohio or whatever are going to come for you

for me it's indiana. like half my friends

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

DarkSithLord posted:

yeah it feels like a lot of the charm and vibrancy of the city has been sucked out by those types of people, same with austin and seattle. honestly when people talk about how they hate the kind of people you run into in a city theyre often referring to the transplants
and yes it definitely has. I know its easy to go old man yells at clouds but it's vastly objectively worse than it is now than 2013, which was already way worse than 2003, and so on.

i mean the real answer is just neoliberal money rot has putrefied the internal organs into goo and sold them out for scrap too, but it does suck to see everyone i knew and poorer people all get swept away under a giant tide of wisconsinites

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
adam savage loves san francisco and talks about it a lot in his videos and it sounds like a cool place to waste a week

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Meh San Francisco is expensive but honestly it kind of felt like the techbro period was over and the hoards of roaming homeless was really exaggerated. Honestly, in many ways, it isnt that different of a city it was in the past once work from home settled out.

It is economics punishing to live there but it isnt a bad place to visit. Seattle is kind of the same.

Portland took a much harsher hit the last couple years. Portland is relatively cheaper but also more chaotic.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

who cares if a place is nice to visit

don't come to austin. if u come to austin i'll huck things at your airbnb

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

i wanna see the weird, where are you keeping it, spill it fuckre

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

smarxist posted:

adam savage loves san francisco and talks about it a lot in his videos and it sounds like a cool place to waste a week
ehhh, east bay is where it's at imo. sure there's some things to do/eat, but like 2-days max. it used to be much better and it's just sad now. even the castro is basically destroyed by rich computer touchies and north beach/chinatown etc is a tiny sliver that's constantly shrinking

adam savage is a super cool turbonerd and still lives here too. but if he was 15 years younger he'd 100% be a goon. i met him when I was young when they were filming an early cellphone gas pump episode at my dad's friends place and he was super nice. i've seen met him a few times at the punchline more recently and still a really humble nerd. usually fame and fortune means they don't like the mingle with the riff-raff so it's nice to meet someone who hasn't been thoroughly corrupted by money

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

im moving to austin and stealing all the weird

maybe afterwards ill move to portland and put a bird on everything and open an axe-throwing app indoor minigolf bar

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

smarxist posted:

i wanna see the weird, where are you keeping it, spill it fuckre

a secret hideout we call The Oasis

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lol

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

The bay area sucks. California sucks. Liberal Texas.

Maryland supremacy. Our flag fucks

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

We are talking about America, there is no where actually good to live.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

World is a gently caress

San Francisco is full of ghouls. They won.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Now that everywhere is impossibly expensive to live you might as well live in one of the good expensive places unless you are afraid of interacting with ethnic minorities, which let's be honest a lot of posters definitely are

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Everything bad about America is like 10x worse in San Francisco.
I hear there are good things as well...

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
san francisco is the most beautiful american city. i love it so much and its various flaws and shortcomings just hurt me even more as a result

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

San Francisco is nice if you can afford it.

You can spend all your time sniffing farts from wine glasses and trying out new food delivery apps.

I used to watch South Park also, but I didn't see anybody do that

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

It's also a short BART ride across the bay to Hoodslam

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Now that everywhere is impossibly expensive to live you might as well live in one of the good expensive places unless you are afraid of interacting with ethnic minorities, which let's be honest a lot of posters definitely are

im an ethnic minority. like 70% of the world or whatever is asian

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

biceps crimes posted:

lmao dont doxx me bro! (I am early 40s though)

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

No it isn't

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Honky Mao posted:

No it isn't

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Stan Francisco

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

new york's alright if you like saxophones

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Look at me, i live in San Francisco. Look at all the ethnic minorities around me! Im special. Im unique. Nowhere else has Asians. The rest of America jist doesnt get it. Sourdough! Seals! Heroin!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

its not even the best San

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Look at me, i live in San Francisco. Look at all the ethnic minorities around me! Im special. Im unique. Nowhere else has Asians. The rest of America jist doesnt get it. Sourdough! Seals! Heroin!

It also has neat looking houses and is a safe place to be GSM

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

gay sigma male

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Lived there for nine years and grew up on the Peninsula. I might still be there if there was a snowballs chance in hell I could snag a two bedroom apartment to raise a family in but I dont touch computers for a living so that aint gonna happen.

Homeless sitch really isnt much worse than every other city these days due rent being stupid everywhere.

The cornfed Midwest tech strivers could be tiring but also easy to avoid. Christmas to New Years was a nice stretch of time because everyone would gently caress off back to Sheboygan and I had the whole city to myself.