Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Hammerite posted:

how do you push a sock

it's like pulling but it's not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Das Boo posted:

Put the lid down on the toilet before you flush it, you degenerate!

but then i dont get to see if my turds really were solid, or just diarrhea in disguise

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Junk posted:

but then i dont get to see if my turds really were solid, or just diarrhea in disguise

Hear me out: glass toilet lid

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.

WilWheaton posted:

i just refreshed youtube and saw technology connections just posted a video agreeing with me :colbert:

You should watch the video

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Whether grilled cheese is a sandwich

Happened about 3 hours ago.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

JustCallMeDC posted:

Whether grilled cheese is a sandwich

Happened about 3 hours ago.

You can't just leave it at that. We need to hear why a grilled cheese is NOT a sandwich.

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

Valko posted:

You can't just leave it at that. We need to hear why a grilled cheese is NOT a sandwich.

According to him, it doesn’t qualify as a sandwich because a sandwich needs at least one substantial piece of food. He doesn’t see cheese as this because he views cheese as only a topping, comparing it to mustard and ketchup in that you only put cheese on other food. Since it’s only cheese, it’s two naked pieces of bread with a topping in between, and says this is as much of a sandwich as a burger bun with only ketchup is a ‘burger’.

This argument happened at the work cafe btw, and we asked the chef to chime in. The chef verbatim said “it’s called, a grilled cheese SANDWICH!” But he still refused to concede.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

WilWheaton posted:

power outlets SHOULDN'T look like a smily face, that means they're upside down , the grounding pin should be at the top

Lol look at this idiot who thinks the grounding pin should be all skywards way.

The two sky sockets go at the top near the sky and the grounding pin go near the ground at the bottom. Did you like fail out of highschool or something?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

JustCallMeDC posted:

According to him, it doesn’t qualify as a sandwich because a sandwich needs at least one substantial piece of food. He doesn’t see cheese as this because he views cheese as only a topping, comparing it to mustard and ketchup in that you only put cheese on other food. Since it’s only cheese, it’s two naked pieces of bread with a topping in between, and says this is as much of a sandwich as a burger bun with only ketchup is a ‘burger’.

This argument happened at the work cafe btw, and we asked the chef to chime in. The chef verbatim said “it’s called, a grilled cheese SANDWICH!” But he still refused to concede.

This person is a real dumbass

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
It doesnr loving matter if the teleporter machine kills its users or not

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hollismason posted:

It is a murder machine you are crazy I am crazy and will fight you in real life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml4wAnvfM4M

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
My gf leaves the freshness seal on the sour cream and puts the lid back on and the sour cream SAYS NOT TO AND IT DOESNT EVEN MAKE SENSE TO DO IT IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT JUST PEEL IT ALL THE WAY OFF AND THROW IT AWAY WTF

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Junk posted:

You’re getting poop mist shot in your face if you’re washing your shits flush away

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

McSpanky posted:

The loving transporter does not loving kill you, get over it

people who have used the transporter don't have their immortal souls any more

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Even if the transporter kills you why does it matter? Your consciousness dies every night when you go to sleep anyway and a new one is born when you wake up accessing all the old memories. It’s the same deal but with a new but identical body too

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Chrs posted:

Even if the transporter kills you why does it matter? Your consciousness dies every night when you go to sleep anyway and a new one is born when you wake up accessing all the old memories. It’s the same deal but with a new but identical body too

This is so wrong I wonder if you were educated by the church.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Extra row of tits posted:

This is so wrong I wonder if you were educated by the church.

My parents pulled me out of school after the great fire of ‘96 and after that I got the rest of my education from some “school on tape” VHS tapes that my dad brought home from his job at the pit.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
If a transporter kills your or not, end of the day it doesn't matter as the courts are always going to only listens to the transporters side of the story and they'll never convict.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Junk posted:

my poo: hate to see you leave, love to watch you flush away.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

PinheadSlim posted:

One time me and my older sister got into an embarrassingly heated argument about whether or not mouse+KB were more or less friendly for left handed people than regular controllers for video games. It was the day after our dads funeral, which simultaneously explains it and makes it more embarrassing.

Also I like the oxford comma

I absolutely hate mouse and keyboard. I'm sure someone has found a mapping they like, but I always just end up using the default controls and bending my thumb around under my hand to hit space. If there's controller support, I always, always opt for that.

I also avoid mice with the buttons on the side because they are always quickly annoying on my pinkie.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Sep 28, 2023

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are sandwiches and I will argue incessantly with anyone who says otherwise.

I will take this to my grave.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
A bird is a wyvern. 2 legs, 2 wings.

YES IT IS, TYLER. IT TOTALLY COUNTS AS ONE.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

McSpanky posted:

Well, it would if it actually worked the way the show says it does. But it clearly doesn't and is in fact a magic teleportation device.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

On the other hand, though... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro_QpDJX-Sk&t=23s

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The shows and movies show people maintaining full consciousness and awareness during transport to the point of holding conversations between departure and arrival, not only does it not kill you but you're more certain of your living status than you are when falling asleep.

I mean exactly, if a malfunction kills you (while experiencing extreme pain mid-transport, at that) then logically the normal working of the transporter doesn't kill you.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

dr_rat posted:

Lol look at this idiot who thinks the grounding pin should be all skywards way.

The two sky sockets go at the top near the sky and the grounding pin go near the ground at the bottom. Did you like fail out of highschool or something?

poo poo. Now I know that it feels like to be truly owned in the Internet.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

McSpanky posted:

Yes, it does, and it makes an exact duplicate of you to take your place. This is a problem, because when the last one dies and goes to heaven, they will find that there are possibly hundreds of copies already up there, all vaguely confused. And based upon life choices, some of them may be hell-bound as well...

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Genesplicer posted:

Yes, it does, and it makes an exact duplicate of you to take your place. This is a problem, because when the last one dies and goes to heaven, they will find that there are possibly hundreds of copies already up there, all vaguely confused. And based upon life choices, some of them may be hell-bound as well...

the soul is not material, only your first transporter death is real, the rest are soulless replicants

and by the way, a single transport kills and clones you a trillion times in an instant, it’s not just one death

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Shadow0 posted:

I absolutely hate mouse and keyboard. I'm sure someone has found a mapping they like, but I always just end up using the default controls and bending my thumb around under my hand to hit space. If there's controller support, I always, always opt for that.

I also avoid mice with the buttons on the side because they are always quickly annoying on my pinkie.

Vindication on a 10+ year old argument, and just in time for the holidays!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

have you tried not being left handed?

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Hammerite posted:

are either of you left handed

Seriously. I can't imagine why you would even need to have this argument if either of you were left-handed. You just use the one that works best for you, there's no hypothetical. No one argues about what's more "right-hand friendly"

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Seriously. I can't imagine why you would even need to have this argument if either of you were left-handed. You just use the one that works best for you, there's no hypothetical. No one argues about what's more "right-hand friendly"

A gift for a left handed person

edit to clarify, the argument was about if we should impulse buy a "gamer" mouse for our left handed cousin we had just seen while window shopping before dinner. I said a controller would probably be more appreciated. And thus, the argument.

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 28, 2023

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
as a lefty, it's a slight bane in games where aiming is the prime mechanic, but huge boon to basically all other games on m&k

don't get them stupid lefty poo poo for m&k cause you're basically asking them to unlearn over a decade of muscle memory for like no reason

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

PinheadSlim posted:

A gift for a left handed person

edit to clarify, the argument was about if we should impulse buy a "gamer" mouse for our left handed cousin we had just seen while window shopping before dinner. I said a controller would probably be more appreciated. And thus, the argument.

Aight that's a very fair reason and I'm realizing I probably came off like an rear end in a top hat!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Aight that's a very fair reason and I'm realizing I probably came off like an rear end in a top hat!

Hey it's the dumb disagreements thread, you were right to think it was dumb as hell because it was lol

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

I don't know what's going on, but I know I never want to jump into a VW Transporter!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

im left handed and I can’t imagine using a mouse with the left hand — it physically pains me to consider it. like, how could you gently caress up being left-handed that much? Do these people try to shift their (american) cars with their left hand too???

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You should turn your blinker on sooner. Blinker - Brakes

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

dr_rat posted:

If a transporter kills your or not, end of the day it doesn't matter as the courts are always going to only listens to the transporters side of the story and they'll never convict.

Transporters did 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

bossy lady posted:

Whether or not "Avatar: the last airbender" is anime.

I once got into an extended argument on whether the 1986 animated Transformers movie is anime or not