Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Zero One posted:

We're going to sell a Tesla to every person in the country. Then they can rent them out as self driving taxis!

Yes... and once you've sold one to everyone, who will need your taxi service?

Everyone will because their own Tesla is busy being sold as a taxi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Space Fish posted:

Ah, the ol' General Motors strategy for Cadillac, then.

Probably closer to Henry Ford.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i like how the tesla taxi idea is it taxis at night when you sleep and when youre at work, and when ever youre not using it, so when does it charge?

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.
There was a demo years ago where Musk presented a robotic tentacle intended for cars to be able to automatically connect to superchargers, I assume that was for the autotaxi use case. Of course, it made no sense to make it a strange tentacle instead of a simpler robot and nothing has been said about it since (the video showed a very slow, sad tentacle, much like his newer robots, too)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
im pretty sure that was a tesla/musk fan making a fanart cgi and not official Tesla cgi. the same is for the teslatruck parking and unfolding its solar panels to charge

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Charles Ford posted:

There was a demo years ago where Musk presented a robotic tentacle intended for cars to be able to automatically connect to superchargers, I assume that was for the autotaxi use case. Of course, it made no sense to make it a strange tentacle instead of a simpler robot and nothing has been said about it since (the video showed a very slow, sad tentacle, much like his newer robots, too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMM0lRfX6YI

I want one

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I suspect the memestock-to-chud pipeline is pretty short already, but r/teddy is jizzing their collective pants about a Lou Dobbs interview where Devin Nunes says he's looking into RICO charges against the hedgies for their naked short-attacks. MAGA/Qanon is dialed in on this group and they are ripe for the picking.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I suspect the memestock-to-chud pipeline is pretty short already, but r/teddy is jizzing their collective pants about a Lou Dobbs interview where Devin Nunes says he's looking into RICO charges against the hedgies for their naked short-attacks. MAGA/Qanon is dialed in on this group and they are ripe for the picking.

Lou Dobbs? Thought he died.

I guess it was just his show on Fox getting canceled and I misremembered.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

There’s probably somebody out there who already has a better robotic tentacle than that for… other purposes. Tesla should just license that one.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Serious_Cyclone posted:

“RICO” coming for “woke” as the new term for “thing I don’t like but can’t coherently explain why”

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Spazzle posted:

I doubt Musk considers everyone in the country a person.

i doubt he considers anyone but himself a person

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Cactus Ghost posted:

i doubt he considers anyone but himself a person

Given the sheer quantity of mind-altering substances he’s consumed in recent years, there’s a very real possibility he doesn’t even consider himself a person.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
BBY has the PP Show, DJT has even nuttier whackjobs:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/25/technology/trump-media-truth-social-pastor.html

every repeat of this history becomes more and more farcical

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Neito posted:

It's pretty clear that Teslas are designed specifically for like southern California weather, given how they handle things like rain or snow.

I encourage you to come tell us your silly hot takes about cars in snow in an AI thread. The EV thread might be a good choice!

Then we can spend a couple pages talking about tires.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Tires? Why? The rims make neat sparks.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

GME eliminated all compensation for non employee board members.

Bullish!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Just cutting the fat! Gonna be a lean mean retail outfit in a digital age after this.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
You'd of thunk their NFT marketplace would be just printing money by now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

#tup is up baby