Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

the husk of bbby destroys the stock market

quote:

Another late night, another musing about bbbyq.

Here's a random thought... Many Chinese businesses have used reverse mergers to get listed on the stock market. A great documentary called the China hussle about fraudulent Chinese companies on Netflix discussed this topic.

Let's assume Ryan Cohen is involved. Whatever is going on, he's part of it.

Does Ryan have friends in China? Like... He has a whole book about China. Is he connected to a business in China and together they'll launch something big? So previously we thought Carl Icahn could use Bobby for retail space for his textiles. Does Ryan have friends in China that do textiles?

Anyways... my midnight musings isn't about that....

My real midnight musings are about... the husk. What's left of Bobby.

Today something happened. We know that someone has a plan. They didn't want to wait two weeks. We don't know if or when it went into effect. Or will go into effect.

We do know that buybuybaby will be launching or relaunching soon. If linked to this, then buybuybaby was holding out for this moment.

If bbbyq becomes buybuybaby... and that $1.5b debt is actually a bond takeover... then bbbyq becomes bbby and without the bad management of Sue Give, Mark Triton... operates as a cash flow positive billion dollar business.

Dream on me owns the IP. Probably runs bbby moving forward. But bbby is owned by Ryan Cohen. Maybe that's part of some deal. "I want to profit, but don't care for the day to day".

So he invests, turns the business around using people in the industry that have experience. What's in it for them? They own the name. Dream on me is not a household name. Absorbing the brand could benefit them.

Why would Ryan Cohen and dream on me need each other?

I think I'm on the wrong trail.

So back to the husk...

Dream on me is going to do an overstock. Overstock took Bobby.

Someone sees a path to profitability in the husk. What are we missing?

Is there value in the stock because of NOLs and possible synthetic shorts?

I'm starting to wonder... why not chapter 7? What is left?

And then why the rush to skip 14 days of waiting?

I don't know how this will unfold. But if bbby is buybuybaby... we're all going to get rich real fast... then shorts can't cover. Then a MOASS.

Like... if a news report comes out and says, "So it turns out Ryan Cohen has struck an agreement with dream on me to take over buybuybaby and list it back on the stock market..."

That's a stock going to $100+ very fast. No debt - Ryan used that position to take ownership of bbby through a wacky mechanism. Short sellers get margin called for not closing their positions and unintentionally holding a short position in a now debt free business...

This is entirely speculation...

I don't understand otherwise what the value in the husk is...

... is this how one spins off a company like buybuybaby?

Bedtime

Edit:

I think we are now shareholders of Buybuybaby.

Ryan Cohen is majority shareholder, dream on me is now management.

Dream on me benefits by becoming a big player - arguably the biggest. Ryan benefits by investing in a company that has the potential to return big money and even MOASS.

Short sellers get raped. Bobby goes to stupid high numbers. We see Archegos 2.0 happen. Hedge funds getting severely margin called. Liquidation of assets. This leads to a massive stock market sell off. Huge market crash. Guess what? Ryan Cohen reinvests in great companies at clearance sale prices.

... I think we are going to the moon... Feeling confident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Trillhouse posted:

sell button got turned off

Only registered members can see post attachments!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

trust the process

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

super sweet best pal posted:

quote:

The path is clear now for the company to reissue the shares, if they can take care of the class 6 claims in full somehow.

bullish

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Zopotantor posted:

The Dan Olson video cites a few of them saying that $10,000,000 per share would be the minimum acceptable selling price.

no cell no sell

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

very normal day

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Trillhouse posted:

the financial times had an article (non-paywall link) about what the BBBYQ weirdos are up to. pretty funny. and that salvatore psycho is firing back with a response.

https://x.com/PhantomBlack699/status/1709593858009432437?s=20

"You belong to a weak bloodline that will never be remembered. You cover the news; we make the news." lmao jesus christ

normal stock normal life

quote:

The article has failed to address why the new entities have been registered, why the Teddy trademarks were filed 4 days before Ryan Cohen sold his stake, why short positions are still accruing cost to borrow despite share cancellation.

Thousands of investors lose money in stocks, did you cover the demise of Credit Suisse with such a passionate interest?

Your attention span is like a leaf, blowing in the wind to whichever direction you are pushed into. My attention is a fixed tree of unwavering conviction that mainstream media fears to no extent.

You have relied on influence as power for far too long and retail investors are waking up to your methods of narrative control and this will cripple your modus operandi.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

coolusername posted:

Yep. In fact they have something of a rivalry where GME-holders explain how THEIR stock is the real game-changing moonticket while BBBY is obviously a stupid scam. They’re all over Dan Olson’s memestock video complaining about how they were lumped in with the other bad stocks.

https://x.com/FoldableHuman/status/1710062089606144475?s=20

the guy he's quoting has an entire cellar's worth of victory wine if you read his responses

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lt. Cock posted:

Fud can also mean a rabbit’s tail. Elmer is a type of glue. Elmer Fudd is glued to the rabbit’s tail. Fudd has two Ds. Double Ds stand for due diligence.

But what does that mean in terms of GME?

🐰🚀🌕

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Thread starter should edit that into the first post^

E-Tevery’s

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I nearly forgot about this reddit post from the bitcoin thread

quote:

In my GRAND version, the BBBY stores would become giant GameStops, but not too giant! They would sell games and gamers would prefer them to Steam because they would be loyal; can come in, experience two stories of nooks and crannies, have a gaming area to buy and play board games and video games, have a bouncer, maybe some bar food. And plenty of high-end stuff to buy -- not so many bobbleheads. (They would of course, also have a bigger web site where most of their sales and blockchain-unlocked games come from.) I don't think kids nowadays but up to 45 yo (shake my fist) have enough places to go for the lifestyle they've chosen.
posters from several years ago may be reminded of logansryche's plan to buy his local movie theater

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 9, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

GoutPatrol posted:

It was a bar where you could buy videogames

yahtzee was ahead of his time

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

From Reddit

loving viscous courtroom sketch

disco elysium 2 looking pretty good

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

bagmonkey posted:

I worked for Kmart shortly after Eddie Lampert took over and I'd love to read some books on the downfall, even though I already know a ton of the juicy details. Kmart/Sears absolutely had a path forward to stay relevant and continue to be a part of the retail landscape but Lampert just wanted the real estate. Make a buck today, gently caress tomorrow

I worked for kmart very briefly during a poo poo time in my life and I got to be part of an eddie lampert idea: in-store pickup but there's only one nearly untrained employee picking merch and the store gets fined if the job isn't done in less than ten minutes even if the merch's untagged in the crates and/or backrooms

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 12, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

bagmonkey posted:

I was there for a while because I weaseled myself into some decent raises, so I got to see SO loving MANY of his terrible ideas. My favorite was Sears Essentials because I got to travel locally for almost a year tearing poo poo down and rebuilding poo poo. It was a blast and I have fond memories of that, not much of the rest tho

says a lot about sears as a metaphysical concept that if you google sears essentials the first thing that comes up is a wiki about a fictional timeline where dead brick and mortar companies are still alive

https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/Sears_Essentials

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 12, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

bbby people are way less interesting than qanon

with qanon you'll get "israel invaded the us through the canadian border in order to fight secret chinese forces" while bbby has "ryan cohen teddy bear"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

bullish, trust the plan

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

bird with big dick posted:

I'm not interested in this mans stock information but I do have some questions about the banana that he states is in his rear end

username/av/post combo

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

pixaal posted:

Nothing funny yet but AIRE recently hit market popped to $400 now $10 history is like a week maybe two? I see a few reddit posts that might be starting the cult for this one.

$400 is a hell of an increase, let's see what the company does to inspire that much confidence

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

super sweet best pal posted:

The crazy stalker guy is convinced he'll be able to buy an island.

https://twitter.com/kaismaalej/status/1721159470166786238

going by some quick searching it looks like the knights hospitaller have a more recent claim to the island than the tunisians

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

have any of the deus vult guys talked about funding a new crusade after moass? I feel like there's some potential crossover there

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

just gotta hodl for a little while longer, there's gotta be someone out there that wants those net operating losses

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Neito posted:

Sell blood to avoid selling GME shares

new thread title

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

He is not a good person, but he does live in this reality

many such cases

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Per a new docket this morning the NOLs from Bed-Bath were confirmed not to have been preserved. This was the crux of Apes believing that BBBY still held some value.

I can't wait to see what they shift to next.

trust the plan

no, not like that

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

HappyHippo posted:

Yes it's an expression of your commitment to the "movement." By locking up your shares so you can't sell them, you demonstrate that you're not some weak paperhands.

I think dan olson called it a kind of symbolic castration

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

CharlestheHammer posted:

So wait they fixed the financial system already?

So moass doesn’t actually do anything

they drove up the stock price and made ryan cohen a lot of money when he dumped the stock

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

coolusername posted:

… the ice cream truck with the promised ice cream drove up to the chanting crowd and then drove away

The hangar had no seats

I feel like I’m getting pranked by reality

fyre festival 2 looking pretty good

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

kais should go on chapo

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Boxturret posted:

That's the guy who's gotten the police called on him multiple times because he kept yelling outside of Bed Bath and Beyond stores.

he's had many adventures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrU0DAAylEk

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

how many apes does he think there are

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Big rear end On Fire posted:

GME down well over 8% today and AMC either set or is flirting with a 52 week low. :thumbsup:

buy the dip

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://twitter.com/toodatooda/status/1755983579501228247

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hello Sailor posted:

Trump wins and makes Kais Maalej his secretary of commerce