Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
The Sears thing is really interesting. These people are trying to get in on a company which from what I can tell is currently having the last of it's assets liquidated.

They're also buying bonds which are somehow related to that? These people are literally paying for a position at the end of the queue of creditors...

Holy poo poo that's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Paladinus posted:

I bet there are suckers who would pay real money for dead stock IOUs. Don't forget that a lot of them have actual paper certificates on hand.

Wtf, how do you even get those?

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Are barcades not loving everywhere where you guys are? It feels like every fifth or so new bar that opens near me is a barcade. It's honestly getting stale.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I think part of it was that their *one weird trick* only works if they all buy a massive number of shares. I'm not 100% on this though.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Inflation is a good point here. If these people were suddenly rich the price of the only things they care about (nfts and anime body pillows) would sky rocket.