Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I found myself really sharing in the Beards' joy at their unexpected first place so I think I'm rooting for them, they seem like chill nice dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Same, also reading the edit, the show seemed to make something of them going back for their notebook a few episodes back. Seems like the kind of thing which might pay off in a final 3 challenge.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Khanstant posted:

I find her entertaining and I think I might be rooting for their team. This is the most I've stuck with a season, I tried one that had survivor people on it once but don't remember finishing it. Am definitely curious to go back and see some of the worst couples and pairings in past seasons.

If I didn't like the other three teams more I'd probably root for them too. She's annoying but there doesn't seem to be any bad blood or real fighting that carries over between legs like with other teams (past and present). Like someone said earlier, it's an outlet for her frustrations/anxiety and her dad seems to understand that and not let it get to him. And she also buried her grudge against getting U-Turned pretty well this past episode which I feel came from some imparted wisdom that she listened to.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
She's very far from being the worst person ever on the race. She's just the most obnoxious person left this season

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

maybeadracula posted:

She's very far from being the worst person ever on the race. She's just the most obnoxious person left this season

Yeah, this is overall a pretty likable group. Beards are great and Dad and Son are one of my favorite teams ever. So I think it sticks out a bit more when one team gets pissed off about being U-turned and then just starts yelling at each other.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, it's a season of mostly very likable racers. "Dad dad dad dad dad" gets pretty tiring, but no real menace in it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
He should just go faster, to be fair.

In my opinion, finishing ahead of others is the most reliable way to win a race.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
So many people talking about the worst person from the race and no mention of Jonathan.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Golbez posted:

So many people talking about the worst person from the race and no mention of Jonathan.

Probably because we're only talking about this season

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

IcePhoenix posted:

Probably because we're only talking about this season

Not all of you.

ApplesandOranges posted:

People being so mad at Anna Leigh is funny.

She's incredibly tame compared to like Rachel or Mirna or Brooke.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

are....are you mad that he didn't say the name "jonathan"

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Has there ever been a final 4 where 3/4 of the teams had someone over 40?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
What a great finish.

Very cool they arranged for him to do the recitation challenge in ASL

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

maybeadracula posted:

What a great finish.

Very cool they arranged for him to do the recitation challenge in ASL

It seems like they've been super accommodating for him, giving him every chance to be an equal competitor. It's wonderful to see, especially with how far they've made it! They're such a happy, upbeat team, always rooting for each other and enjoying every leg, even if it's something they're not great at. That Corey, who is clearly super athletic and smart and everything you need to be on TAR, would choose to apply to the show with his Dad speaks volumes for their relationship. I have favorites every season, of course, but I don't know if I've ever liked a team *this* much. I don't know that there's ever been a season where I didn't strongly dislike any of the final 3, either.

I was trying to think of the name of Riverdance a couple of nights ago but could only come up with Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance, then forgot about it by the time I woke up, so thanks, TAR.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
If there's ever been an advertisement for positivity leading to success, it's this final 3

They all seem like genuinely nice and lovely people

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

love this final three

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

love this final three

Yeah same, I think I’m firmly on Team Rob and Corey but there’s legit no bad winner in this group.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SteveVizsla posted:

It seems like they've been super accommodating for him, giving him every chance to be an equal competitor. It's wonderful to see, especially with how far they've made it! They're such a happy, upbeat team, always rooting for each other and enjoying every leg, even if it's something they're not great at. That Corey, who is clearly super athletic and smart and everything you need to be on TAR, would choose to apply to the show with his Dad speaks volumes for their relationship. I have favorites every season, of course, but I don't know if I've ever liked a team *this* much. I don't know that there's ever been a season where I didn't strongly dislike any of the final 3, either.

I was trying to think of the name of Riverdance a couple of nights ago but could only come up with Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance, then forgot about it by the time I woke up, so thanks, TAR.

Rob and Corey are my favorite team of all time at this point. I agree that there's no "bad winner" in this group but I want them to win so bad that I'll probably still be disappointed if they can't clutch it out lol.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 7, 2023

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I was good with either of the three winning til the "brothers'" speech at the end. Way too arrogant. 100% rooting for Rob+Corey and the Beard Brothers.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I'm just gonna say what we're all thinking: Corey is hot as hell

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cacator posted:

I had a good laugh at how fast that one girl's hand shot up when he asked who wanted to teach him

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

IcePhoenix posted:

I had a good laugh at how fast that one girl's hand shot up when he asked who wanted to teach him

Secretly hoping that she's all up in his DMs at this point.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Best part of the episode, legit hilarious.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

that was rly funny

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Cacator posted:

There's that too :D Which is enhanced by how great of a person he seems to be

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Apparently she is the lead dancer at Riverdance and also was runner-up for Miss Ireland 2023. According to Mrs. McHuge, her and Corey do follow one another on Insta.

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

Big McHuge posted:

Apparently she is the lead dancer at Riverdance and also was runner-up for Miss Ireland 2023. According to Mrs. McHuge, her and Corey do follow one another on Insta.

Hah, Awesome. My wife made me required cause I missed that bit

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Cacator posted:

God yes. His personality just makes him even hotter.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Big McHuge posted:

lmao get it corey

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How do they get picked for each roadblock? Production just picks whoever they think will be worse?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Khanstant posted:

How do they get picked for each roadblock? Production just picks whoever they think will be worse?

They choose themselves, but they have to split evenly, so they're a strategy about whether to use your better player up early to stay in the race or save them for the end

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh okay, well, everyone else got by so I guess I can't say they chose that poorly but I think Anna Leigh not taking the Riverdance was a head scratcher so assumed they had to do dad for some reason. Then having him do athletic thing number 2 after having done 9x Riverdance crash course was also not what I would've thought they'd pick if they had an option lol.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
They actually discussed, more than once, that she'd already done her share roadblocks and so he was required to do it.

I guess it wasn't explained in depth do I can see being confused if this is your first season watching though

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Khanstant posted:

Oh okay, well, everyone else got by so I guess I can't say they chose that poorly but I think Anna Leigh not taking the Riverdance was a head scratcher so assumed they had to do dad for some reason. Then having him do athletic thing number 2 after having done 9x Riverdance crash course was also not what I would've thought they'd pick if they had an option lol.

They pretty much covered it at the start of the episode. Anna Leigh had done 6 road blocks, Her dad had only did 4, so he had to do them both. Likewise Rob had done 6 so Corey did both road blocks this episode.

The only positive to Rob & Corey not winning, would be them being a guarantee to come back on a returnee season. But all 3 teams seem like just really nice people, so no bad winners possible this season.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Also remember Steve finished before Team Facial Hair and seemed to finish the Hurling challenge pretty quickly so it's hard to say that's what did them in and not their terrible navigation skills.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Is Corey the dad or the son cuz the dad is hot imo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Poque posted:

Is Corey the dad or the son cuz the dad is hot imo

corey is the son. probably one of my all time favorite TAR teams.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This has been a good season. Also it's really funny that they made Anna Leigh dad yelling sound way worse in the previews than it actually was. Or maybe they edited it down. It's definitely been worse earlier episodes.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Self-driving ruins everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Thanks for explaining the roadblock stuff, makes sense now. Paramount autoplays this after survivor so I tend to miss the start of episodes wandering off before it starts, where they would've clarified some of this evidently lol.