Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mp5 posted:

The cousins in pink are really funny

They're going to inexplicably make final 3 and be snippy/bickering the entire way, there's always one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Oh my god the dog on the escalator.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rick posted:

Not allowed to run or walk on the escalator, dog gets it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I was mad when the firefighters switched because that cbs production library generic breakdance song was driving me crazy. But drat what a comeback.

I really loved the ending sequence.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Not allowed to run or walk on the escalator, dog gets it.

It knows the rules.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

STING 64 posted:

sad to see the double dutch couple eat it. this episode and last definitely didnt need to be 90.

thanks for putting this in spoilers btw, I accidentally clicked on the thread out of habit and hadn't watched yet!

I would die for Escalator Dog

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poque posted:

thanks for putting this in spoilers btw, I accidentally clicked on the thread out of habit and hadn't watched yet!

I did the same thing yesterday lol

Been mentioned already but yeah we're really feeling the "taped for 60 but it has to be 90" editing woes now. Can't imagine it's going to get any better either as we lose more teams.

I was surprised how many teams went for the breakdancing this episode. Then again I was also surprised at how badly some people struggled with the word puzzle.

One thing that's been bothering me, and maybe this is a product of needing to stretch the episodes, but instead of jumping between the teams in "real time" they seem to just focus on each section of a race before moving on. So like they show everyone doing the detour before showing the leaders even starting the road block, even though they're obviously doing it while some teams are still on the detour. I don't recall them using this format before but it's really jarring.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IcePhoenix posted:

Then again I was also surprised at how badly some people struggled with the word puzzle.

I was really enjoying the completely deranged answers the artist was getting. I wish that they had actually submitted whatever nonsense they were saying at the start about a mother rat going skiing around the world and it being a positive experience.

IcePhoenix posted:

One thing that's been bothering me, and maybe this is a product of needing to stretch the episodes, but instead of jumping between the teams in "real time" they seem to just focus on each section of a race before moving on. So like they show everyone doing the detour before showing the leaders even starting the road block, even though they're obviously doing it while some teams are still on the detour. I don't recall them using this format before but it's really jarring.

We were EXTREMELY confused by the very beginning of the episode, it made it look like a bunch of teams were paragliding out of order. It made sense once they got to the actual start of the leg but it was super strange. Really loved that it seemed to help Sean with his fear of heights.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
The map challenge is basically the PERFECT challenge for me. People not even knowing where the "map" was, smh

Rick posted:

Leave the episodes at 60 minutes and add 30 minutes of animals they come across on legs, especially dogs on escalators.

IcePhoenix posted:

I was surprised how many teams went for the breakdancing this episode. Then again I was also surprised at how badly some people struggled with the word puzzle.

For that type of puzzle, that one was super easy, too. There was just the possibility of a couple of words for the last two, but if you got the rest of it, you knew the words from the phrase. This is really not a good cast.

Thank you for putting that into words, I couldn't figure out why it felt so weird, other than the 90 minutes of boring content. You nailed it! Airing it like this is so odd.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
God damnit those firefighters suck

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The X-man cometh posted:

they're so aggressively midwestern lol

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The X-man cometh posted:

They suck at getting to the challenges, but they rock at doing them...

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Ricky and Cesar briefly struggle and still end up crushing the leg.

Although the firefighters might be doing better than them at the challenges but just can’t get out of their own way. Maybe Kramer was right about the navigation skills of firefighters.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Firefighters need smoke signals to navigate.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I've seen some people online complaining that Ricky and Cesar have an unfair advantage because so many legs are set in Latin America and they can speak Spanish.

While choosing to ignore that half the teams have someone who can speak Spanish and there are even a couple other native speakers in there.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

I've seen some people online complaining that Ricky and Cesar have an unfair advantage because so many legs are set in Latin America and they can speak Spanish.

While choosing to ignore that half the teams have someone who can speak Spanish and there are even a couple other native speakers in there.

And now they've been to two cities where other teams have spent significant time (and obviously know Spanish from having lived there).

I was amused by Daniel repeatedly saying they almost got first when really he meant second, because Ricky and Cesar were so far ahead, again. They're likeable, I'd be fine with them blowing out every single episode.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hope they win, they're good energy. the mom/son team is fun to watch for how goofy they are. i do feel like they could be focusing more on the personality pieces and getting to know the teams to fill out the 90 minutes instead of showing the same 3 teams failing over and over again but if they filmed for 60 and never filmed those pieces what can ya do.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

STING 64 posted:

i hope they win, they're good energy. the mom/son team is fun to watch for how goofy they are. i do feel like they could be focusing more on the personality pieces and getting to know the teams to fill out the 90 minutes instead of showing the same 3 teams failing over and over again but if they filmed for 60 and never filmed those pieces what can ya do.

And it's the same tidbits every time. Did you know the one cousin's parents died when she was young??

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Ready for the "Dream Team" to go home, they do not appear to be having any fun, nor do they seem to like each other at all. Cops can go home too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm watching now and maybe it's different from live on Paramount+ but I swear to god Karishma screamed "let me off this loving wall" completely uncensored after she grabbed the flag (and even after they blur censored her mouth lol)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Poque posted:

Ready for the "Dream Team" to go home, they do not appear to be having any fun, nor do they seem to like each other at all. Cops can go home too

I'm so annoyed, they have a team from Tucson a few years ago, and they 're border patrol, they have a team from Ontario California and they're cops.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm watching now and maybe it's different from live on Paramount+ but I swear to god Karishma screamed "let me off this loving wall" completely uncensored after she grabbed the flag (and even after they blur censored her mouth lol)

I’m going to miss them.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Rydee tydee

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Not gonna miss the cousins at all; they were awful. When do we get out of South America? I'm enjoying the scenery but it's getting a little boring (especially with so many teams being able to speak Spanish).

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

dovetaile posted:

When do we get out of South America? I'm enjoying the scenery but it's getting a little boring (especially with so many teams being able to speak Spanish).

I think there are 1-2 more legs in South America, but even after that they don’t really venture out too far before returning to USA

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

ApplesandOranges posted:

Ricky and Cesar feel like normal people who just happen to be really good at this show. They know their strengths and weaknesses and pick their challenges based on that. I'm really rooting for them to win the whole thing.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Ok, in a race around the world, I didn't expect the entire thing to be South America.

Amazing Race: This season the world is one town

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Diabetic posted:

Ok, in a race around the world, I didn't expect the entire thing to be South America.

it was probably a restriction for the type of visas they could get for when it was filmed

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Diabetic posted:

Yeah COVID restrictions kept them sorta locked down; the prior season that aired was filmed after this one

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The fingerprint thing looked impossible but it would have been fun to see someone try it. Oh well.

The soccer thing was funny because the opposing team definitely weren’t trying to keep people there too long and were basically setting up the goals for the people in their second attempts.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My favorite part of the episode was Rod, the former NFL receiver built like a truck, getting bumped and going "oh that's legal? Hell yes let's go" and just destroying everyone in his path

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

My favorite part of the episode was Rod, the former NFL receiver built like a truck, getting bumped and going "oh that's legal? Hell yes let's go" and just destroying everyone in his path

that ruled

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Diabetic posted:

Seasons 33 & 34 just raced around Europe.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah it was really great.

Danny calls Leticia Chi Chi which is an interesting nickname in a spanish speaking country.

Rick fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 19, 2024

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Boy I hate this alliance (except Rod)

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Seasons 33 & 34 just raced around Europe.

It probably helped that the regions seemed varied in Europe. This season all the different places they have been look like they are going to the same area with minor differences in town squares.

I really hope the future seasons cast a wider travel net going forward.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Remember that this season still had covid constraints. S35 (which was filmed after) already had a bigger spread of locations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poque posted:

Boy I hate this alliance (except Rod)

I like the Mom and Son team, it's funny watching her try to get him to be more cutthroat.

The nurses can go away though for sure. Easily the worst vibes of the remaining teams right now.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

The beginning of the episode felt like the alliance was just on an excursion from their cruise, with Daniel as the leader

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
It’s wild that amber could just walk the teams through the puzzle. But I guess in a competition, there probably aren’t many rules against helping each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Man, the team that was eliminated kinda lost by way of being left out of the cooperation... Has this ever happened before? It seems like it breaks the game a little bit.