Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yeah that couple was probably my favorite team to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

really liked tonight's episode a lot!

hopin dad and son get it done, they've been the most enjoyable team to watch so far

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

love this final three

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

I had a good laugh at how fast that one girl's hand shot up when he asked who wanted to teach him

that was rly funny

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Big McHuge posted:

Apparently she is the lead dancer at Riverdance and also was runner-up for Miss Ireland 2023. According to Mrs. McHuge, her and Corey do follow one another on Insta.

lmao get it corey

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Poque posted:

Is Corey the dad or the son cuz the dad is hot imo

corey is the son. probably one of my all time favorite TAR teams.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thought this was an excellent season and would have been satisfied with any of these 3 teams winning, i dont think any team has anything to be ashamed of

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

repurposing this post as a makeshift OP for TAR 36. For my own entertainment, I will be assigning each team a name in the vein of Legends Of The Hidden Temple.

Silver Sloths

Anthony (26) & Bailey Smith (26)
Clearwater, FL
Recruiters

Yellow Yaks

Derek (57, retired chief of police) and Shelisa Williams (55, retired sheriff’s lieutenant)
Married
Alta Loma, Calif.

Blue Bunnies

Danny (27, university resident director) and Angie Butler (55, seventh grade teacher)
Mother and son
San Diego, Calif., and Walla Walla, Wash.

Orange Octopus

Rod (46, former NFL player/owner of Gshred Supplements) and Leticia Gardner (38, fitness business owner)
Married
Lawrenceville, Ga.

Red Red Pandas

Michelle (39) and Sean Clark (46), owners of Double Dutch Aerobics
Married
East Point, Ga.

Purple Pelicans

Yvonne Chavez (40, global strategy and operations lead) and Melissa Main (38, investigator for U.S. Navy special operations)
Dating
San Diego, Calif.

Cerulean Chameleons

Sunny Pulver (41) and Bizzy Smith (37), firefighters
Best friends
Edgerton, Wis., and New Berlin, Wis.

Pink Piglets

Amber Craven (30) and Vinny Cagungun (37), nurse anesthetists
Dating
Englewood, Colo.

Tropical Tadpoles

Ricky Rotandi (34, preschool teacher) and Cesar Aldrete (34, food stylist)
Dating
New York, N.Y.

Green Guppies

Juan Villa (29) and Shane Bilek (29), Air Force pilots
Best friends
Spokane, Wash., and Marine City, Mich.

Magenta Marmosets

Kishori Turner (26, senior marketing strategist) and Karishma Cordero (22, student)
Cousins
Gaithersburg, Md., and Austin, Texas

Black Beavers

Chris Foster (60, receptionist) and Mary Cardona-Foster (27, marketing manager)
Father and daughter
Waltham, Mass.

Indigo Iguanas

Maya (20, student) and Rohan Mody (23, master’s student)
Siblings
Monmouth Junction, N.J.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 18, 2024

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lol at the one team austin powersing their rental tonight

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want the hawaiian shirt couple to win

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rick posted:

That lasso thing ruled. Everyone did it differently and the talent of the rope guys was very clear to me. Like check it, #7 uses some incredible control to get some absolutely awful jumps through the center.

I feel for the last place team. That is a nightmare to have to do that 20 point backup thing.

drat I really want to just get in my car and head to Mexico lol.
Lets go, goonsquad will win the amazing race

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they're chaperoned and just stay at their hotel, they're usually advised to get sleep when they can since the flights are often not long enough to get a full nights rest esp when theres time zone changes and they gotta hit pavement running when they land

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i made a makeshift OP if a mod or SGB wanna slide it in to the existing one

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4042840&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post538048789

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man i wanna collect balloons

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Seems tough to make an all foot leg of the race where teams will just end up finding the wrong clue boxes and it not be obvious it's the wrong one. Seems like you could just have gotten the road block clue from the detour people.

i think this was filmed a while back when covid was still weird with a lot of the countries, they might be restricted to very small parcels of land they can play around with

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yeah im enjoying this cast, i feel like of the ones who could have gotten snippy and toxic late, the two big contenders for that are out already, really liking the hawaiin shirt dudes and the double dutch couple. i hope the walla walla team lasts but i dunno how well the moms gonna hold up, wouldnt be shocked if they're pulled between episodes.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 22, 2024

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SteveVizsla posted:

Just watched the premier and jfc what an absolute shitshow of incompetence. This felt like the longest episode ever. Some of the editing was weird, there was a bit at the beginning with the gay couple, I think it was, that was the camera going in and out of focus on the waves behind the guy's hip?

well it was 90 minutes and shot for 60, i think pacings gonna be rough all season

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

FlashFearless posted:

So this was filmed prior to last season? I had read that, but then got confused because at the beginning Phil referenced, "Last season we went to a new country for the first time," and I assumed he was talking about Slovenia. Was that a sneaky edit to trick us, or am I just confused?

I believe it was filmed prior to the two previous seasons

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sad to see the double dutch couple eat it. this episode and last definitely didnt need to be 90.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Also had to be the best post leg segment they've done with Phil, right?
I liked it lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mp5 posted:

The cousins in pink are really funny

They're going to inexplicably make final 3 and be snippy/bickering the entire way, there's always one

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The X-man cometh posted:

God damnit those firefighters suck

they're so aggressively midwestern lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hope they win, they're good energy. the mom/son team is fun to watch for how goofy they are. i do feel like they could be focusing more on the personality pieces and getting to know the teams to fill out the 90 minutes instead of showing the same 3 teams failing over and over again but if they filmed for 60 and never filmed those pieces what can ya do.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Diabetic posted:

Ok, in a race around the world, I didn't expect the entire thing to be South America.

Amazing Race: This season the world is one town

it was probably a restriction for the type of visas they could get for when it was filmed

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

My favorite part of the episode was Rod, the former NFL receiver built like a truck, getting bumped and going "oh that's legal? Hell yes let's go" and just destroying everyone in his path

that ruled

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this has to be the most unlikely collection of finalists the series has had in quite some time, i dont think any of these teams except maybe ricky and cesar make it out of the first couple episodes in a different season. sad to see mom and son lose, they were def one of the brighter spots in the season, esp due to their loss mostly being due to getting penalized for losing production

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 06:58 on May 2, 2024

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Diabetic posted:

Production actually took responsibility for the mom and son. In the exit interview it was revealed their camera crew never showed back up although they knew where to go. Production had to get out an entirely new crew for them. I can understand getting lost on a roundabout but the crew would know where they're supposed to go. Mom and son took the loss in great stride but this is one of those things that I feel like should be a mulligan.

Hopefully they return in another season
That's a really raw deal holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

BIG SEXY!!!!