Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lmao at the dude wiping his tears with his beard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
noob question but when do they do cutaway interviews? Is getting through interviews just part of the racing challenge?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh drat, having to act still hopeful or positive for interviews knowing you already lost has got to feel like rubbing it in. Or maybe it helps you get over it faster, idk, novel circumstance.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hahaha the pair who got a random person to exchange 5 euros for 5 euros on the wrong ferry.

Then the beard bros thinking they lost going into chill mode, eating their hotdogs at the stand. I couldn't tell how annoyed the host really was or not at having to wait for them. Fun episode. Wish we had that darts soccer game as a kid, my dad coached soccer and my little bros player but I had 0 interest. Something about adding in darts makes it seem way more fun from the outside.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Them walking into the fun carnival room was hilarious, thought we were gonna see the king and queen of Germany do more air twirls but nope, just half cleaned down party room.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Poque posted:

The dad is a complete rear end in a top hat and I can’t wait for that team to lose.

Like father like daughter.

The couple that clearly hate each other are also a bit much but it's more uncomfortably entertaining than father-daughter whining hour.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah haha the editing at the very end made me think there actually was a point to all of Anna Leigh's yelling, plus episode name, made me think they were actually at risk but they were just the slowest of their little tour group. And if she didn't want to be last on that group she could've stopped having everyone follow? I wonder if having places matter beyond last night incentivized some more competition when you get to weird clusters like that.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I mean, I can't give her too much guff for yellin at him because I'd be the same way. It's frustrating to have your cap paced by someone who can't move as fast even while casually walking irl, and in a race situation you end up with pent up energy that you can't sprint with because you're holding back to not lose your straggler. This excess energy can be dissipated verbally.

I enjoyed that the beard bros, seeing no others ahead of them, simply assumed they were behind and not in first.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Lmao when Annaleigh on the bus asking the driver to go to leave the others behind, and they're not even supposed to be on the bus. If only the bus had taken off lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I thought the food was all fake, just like the peace these so called royals of peace bring.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Anna Leigh should be invited back on the show in 30 years if she has a kid of her own.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I find her entertaining and I think I might be rooting for their team. This is the most I've stuck with a season, I tried one that had survivor people on it once but don't remember finishing it. Am definitely curious to go back and see some of the worst couples and pairings in past seasons.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
He should just go faster, to be fair.

In my opinion, finishing ahead of others is the most reliable way to win a race.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How do they get picked for each roadblock? Production just picks whoever they think will be worse?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh okay, well, everyone else got by so I guess I can't say they chose that poorly but I think Anna Leigh not taking the Riverdance was a head scratcher so assumed they had to do dad for some reason. Then having him do athletic thing number 2 after having done 9x Riverdance crash course was also not what I would've thought they'd pick if they had an option lol.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Thanks for explaining the roadblock stuff, makes sense now. Paramount autoplays this after survivor so I tend to miss the start of episodes wandering off before it starts, where they would've clarified some of this evidently lol.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

njsykora posted:

Absolutely gutted that Joel and Garrett completely threw it right at the end.

That really stung and it's 100% the kind of thing I can see myself wasting a lead on. Hell, the second they said memory in the challenge I would think I'm SOL unless my partner has a trapper keeper brain. I made a mental note that if I were ever on the show (no good reason why I would make notes for something I'm not applying for) to repeat the order of events between legs to try and keep em in mind. I could memorize a restaurant menu back in the day, but that was because of flash cards and repetition and getting yelled at if you forgot stuff. Stacking all the challenges in order requires a straighter arrow of time in the memory than I can muster, so I really empathize with their struggle at the critical moment. Good on them for even snagging a lead, I felt like Greg and John were the team to beat if only because they're both young and in shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ah the splendor and beauty of earth, it's almost like I'm there