Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I liked Joe and Ian early on, but I think I'm shifting my faves right now to Greg and John.

Also the colour-coding is really blatant this season, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Sighence posted:

Weirdly enough google says it takes a bit longer to get to the pit stop from the park too. So 5 minutes, if you do it right. I think they were expecting a lot more people to stop the massage and eat time that way.

If they weren't split into two plane groups you'd see a lot more people doing swords.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Not sure if it's lucky or just cool to have a detour literally made for a team to crush. Asian grocery store owners having to get groceries in an Asian market? :lol:

I mean there was no guarantee they'd speak the language either, it just so happened that half of one team did (and it wasn't even the exact same dialect).

I think the team that's quietly surprising me is Greg and John, I didn't pay much attention to them early on but I think right now they're my favourites.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
...I don't want to say a team doesn't deserve first place, because they worked for it, but that was one of the last teams I would have ever expected to win a leg.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think they're just trying to make this season harder; between the lotus roadblock, the detours last week, and then more physical exertion + the roadblock this week, probably to shut up the people who were saying the last few seasons were too easy.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I believe this is the first time a black M/M team has won back to back legs, let alone pull off a hat trick.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
People being so mad at Anna Leigh is funny.

She's incredibly tame compared to like Rachel or Mirna or Brooke.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Greg and John telling Rob and Corey about the power cords could have been a game ending move right there. Good that they bounced back so well.

Also I feel like I'm on crazy pills because people kept saying Corey was hot but I found Greg (and Rob) more attractive.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Trivia: this is the first lesbian couple to survive a leg in 20 seasons.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I think she had several specific things to look for from the teams. And half the challenge being some teams trying to make it perfect and others not giving a poo poo. Although it's also possible & likely that the producers changed the strictness with how hot it was and so many teams literally sweating the makeup off.

She docked a couple teams for not having the yellow in the teeth area but you could see the last two teams getting a pass with white teeth.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
No switching was in reference to the water taxis, you can't switch your boat (which is why mom/son were stuck waiting for their boat to start again).

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I've seen some people online complaining that Ricky and Cesar have an unfair advantage because so many legs are set in Latin America and they can speak Spanish.

While choosing to ignore that half the teams have someone who can speak Spanish and there are even a couple other native speakers in there.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Remember that this season still had covid constraints. S35 (which was filmed after) already had a bigger spread of locations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Well, considering it's been like a year since the show and they're engaged now...