Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
There are going to be so many worse things to skip

It was burning a hole in their pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Congratulations, you were the last team to get it right!

That was just painful

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

IcePhoenix posted:

I really dislike needle in a haystack challenges like that causing an elimination

Especially when it's a team I really liked :(

The most infamous challenge ever I think was literally the haystack rollout

It does suck in a way but it's classic Amazing Race randomness right alongside lovely cab drivers and flat tires

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

SteveVizsla posted:

This U-turn thing is incredibly boring. It removes all the strategy of deciding if you want to use it or not, guessing if a team is in front or behind you, etc.

:agreed:

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
The Amazing Race 35 - Out of Towners!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Didn't everybody have to vote for somebody this time? Why be a whiny baby about it jeez lmbo

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
It kind of feels like something you should have to earn like the also wasted express pass

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

garthoneeye posted:

U-turn should use a variant of the old fast forward system. Every team has to U-turn themselves once during the race.

That would be cool

Real strategy of risking early use or getting deep then trapped

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

"First ones on the boat!" :lol:

I've missed many seasons of TAR, but not sure how often it was so clear which team was going home so early in an episode.

Very rarely lol

There was just no edit to save them

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I really thought this season had entirely non-obnoxious teams at first, and it's still probably a record low but the father daughter team are very aggravating

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
"You can take them" was shockingly good strategy

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

blue squares posted:

Lmfao they are going up the stairs

Repeated use of the numbnuts chimes

They actually had a real chance to get ahead

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

ApplesandOranges posted:

I believe this is the first time a black M/M team has won back to back legs, let alone pull off a hat trick.

I think I like them the most. They are so positive and happy all the time

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

dovetaile posted:

The two sisters were also awful and I could not believe they were talking about how they talked about how the show portrayed them as really in-sync and great communicators with each other.

They were snipey but the daughter is just nasty to her dad and constantly negative. She got super butthurt about the UTurn and never recovered

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

SteveVizsla posted:

Her social media is all about how she's an influencer and travels to all of these amazing places where she probably spends the whole time taking and retaking instagram photos

Weirdly unsurprising

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
She's very far from being the worst person ever on the race. She's just the most obnoxious person left this season

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
What a great finish.

Very cool they arranged for him to do the recitation challenge in ASL

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
If there's ever been an advertisement for positivity leading to success, it's this final 3

They all seem like genuinely nice and lovely people

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Khanstant posted:

How do they get picked for each roadblock? Production just picks whoever they think will be worse?

They choose themselves, but they have to split evenly, so they're a strategy about whether to use your better player up early to stay in the race or save them for the end

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
They actually discussed, more than once, that she'd already done her share roadblocks and so he was required to do it.

I guess it wasn't explained in depth do I can see being confused if this is your first season watching though

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

SteveVizsla posted:

It's one of the best parts of the show. And I'd much rather see a team lose because they hosed up on their own vs the numerous times a slow/bad taxi driver has played a role in determining placement.

It's like knowing how to make fire for Survivor, you shouldn't even apply if you can't drive stick but plenty of people do it anyway.

I used to shift for my mom when I was little and it helped me learn to drive so that's the opposite hand stick shift pro strat

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Diabetic posted:

Damnit, the most boring team won.

They earned it and they weren't assholes

I can't be mad about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Cacator posted:

I don't understand why Rob and my future husband Corey went for the far away challenge first when they knew they had to loop back which was a huge waste of time.

Depends on where you had to go next

It was a gamble