Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IcePhoenix posted:

Watching those girls panic and use their express pass at a clearly inopportune time and having it immediately bite them was funny.

Hmm, I don't know. It was hard to parse whether or not they needed to get on that boat in the first place in order to use the Express Pass - it felt like they were trying to save it, but ran into a boat traffic jam and realized it would be better to just move past the task. I kinda feel like coming in sixth during a leg when you used your pass means that you DID use it at the right time though. Better to use it and move from last to 6th than use it to jump from 6th to 1st. It was only good for one more leg (though who knows if the next ep counts as Leg 3 or Leg 4) and you gotta get there if you wanna be able to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IcePhoenix posted:

They didn't move from last to sixth, they moved from fourth to sixth!

Right, and that IS very funny, but I was talking about the current leg and not their prior finish. They pretty clearly weren't finishing in sixth if they didn't use the pass, there's a pretty significant chance they come in last without it. They were on the record as wanting to use it to try to come in first in a leg, but that's way less important than straight-up surviving to continue racing at all

Granted that's moot given the "not a non-elimination" non-elimination but that's irrelevant to their decision-making

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't think they were currently last in the leg when they used it. They just panicked about needing to queue at the boats and didn't factor in that all the other teams needed to as well, including all the ones behind them. The "proper" way to use it would have been to see where they were after they finished it, then use it for the detour to skip ahead.

Yeah I have no idea what place they were in, I got very confused by who was in what group (both planes and boats). Your proper way makes more sense. I still think it was smart for them to have used it on this leg, at least, even if they did a poor job at optimizing it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Some really fantastic camerawork in that last chase between the final two teams.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Rob and Corey, you are Team Number W.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

maybeadracula posted:

They were snipey but the daughter is just nasty to her dad and constantly negative. She got super butthurt about the UTurn and never recovered

The dad is a complete rear end in a top hat and I can’t wait for that team to lose.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
You could finish the season with the placements in this last episode and I'd be almost completely cool with the result, just swap 2/3.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Todd and Ashlie give off the air that they are harboring a Dark Secret

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Anna Leigh just screaming while her dad talks gibberish like the Old Man from Pawn Stars lmao

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I found myself really sharing in the Beards' joy at their unexpected first place so I think I'm rooting for them, they seem like chill nice dudes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Is Corey the dad or the son cuz the dad is hot imo

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The older brother went full Cyborg Mode at that kayak task, what a thing to witness. Kinda disappointing for a final task though, I'm shocked the Beards blew that lead based on a mistake that Mustache pointed out (I think) before anybody else had even arrived yet.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rick posted:

I'm pretty interested in the locations in that wiki. Could be seen as limiting I guess gut it's gonna feature a lot of places they rarely go.

I like it! (spoilers within relate to leg locations in TAR35 and TAR36) I thought 35 was really solid on its locations, but no South America was pretty glaring. Kinda cool that it looks like we're going to spend so much of 36 there. Especially returning to a super fun country from TAR5.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The cousins are great, just pure chaos, I am enjoying the one who keeps saying weird quips and then Jimfacing at the camera

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
When the cousins talk at the same time it’s like nine people are all yelling and it’s hilarious. I hope they win.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

STING 64 posted:

sad to see the double dutch couple eat it. this episode and last definitely didnt need to be 90.

thanks for putting this in spoilers btw, I accidentally clicked on the thread out of habit and hadn't watched yet!

I would die for Escalator Dog

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IcePhoenix posted:

Then again I was also surprised at how badly some people struggled with the word puzzle.

I was really enjoying the completely deranged answers the artist was getting. I wish that they had actually submitted whatever nonsense they were saying at the start about a mother rat going skiing around the world and it being a positive experience.

IcePhoenix posted:

One thing that's been bothering me, and maybe this is a product of needing to stretch the episodes, but instead of jumping between the teams in "real time" they seem to just focus on each section of a race before moving on. So like they show everyone doing the detour before showing the leaders even starting the road block, even though they're obviously doing it while some teams are still on the detour. I don't recall them using this format before but it's really jarring.

We were EXTREMELY confused by the very beginning of the episode, it made it look like a bunch of teams were paragliding out of order. It made sense once they got to the actual start of the leg but it was super strange. Really loved that it seemed to help Sean with his fear of heights.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Ready for the "Dream Team" to go home, they do not appear to be having any fun, nor do they seem to like each other at all. Cops can go home too

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Boy I hate this alliance (except Rod)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Vinny is the absolute worst lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I still don’t understand what the firefighters were even doing. Was their strategy to just drive aimlessly until they found the right plaza? They didn’t seem to ask anybody until they ended up in a restricted stockyard and even then the guys just said “no, this isn’t a plaza”