Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm watching on DVR and they changed clothes in India and I had to double and triple check that I wasn't watching another season (I have a couple unfinished seasons on my dvr)

E: drat, I'm not exactly inclined to like the dad and daughter team and they're being lovely about this but drat they're kind of hyper competent at this game so far.

also: "OUT OF TOWNERS!" rules.

Rick fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Nov 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I wonder how long the hay thing took because army bros had enough time to forget their book and still come in fourth and dad daughter self-speed bumped and didn’t lose.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Yeah haha the editing at the very end made me think there actually was a point to all of Anna Leigh's yelling, plus episode name, made me think they were actually at risk but they were just the slowest of their little tour group. And if she didn't want to be last on that group she could've stopped having everyone follow? I wonder if having places matter beyond last night incentivized some more competition when you get to weird clusters like that.

There was a shot that I as a passive viewer thought managed to catch the last two just on opposite sides of the last bridge, but I went back and looked at it and it just happened to be people dressed kind of similar.

Editors/camera people are working hard this season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This has been a good season. Also it's really funny that they made Anna Leigh dad yelling sound way worse in the previews than it actually was. Or maybe they edited it down. It's definitely been worse earlier episodes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm pretty interested in the locations in that wiki. Could be seen as limiting I guess gut it's gonna feature a lot of places they rarely go.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That lasso thing ruled. Everyone did it differently and the talent of the rope guys was very clear to me. Like check it, #7 uses some incredible control to get some absolutely awful jumps through the center.

I feel for the last place team. That is a nightmare to have to do that 20 point backup thing.

drat I really want to just get in my car and head to Mexico lol.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

STING 64 posted:

Lets go, goonsquad will win the amazing race

We at the very least would have handled the lucha segment better.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I’m relaxed extremely not relaxed.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lol the decline in the strictness of the face paint judge after like team 4 was exponential. But couple in pink were doing screen quality makeup.

Y’all were right this game area was very small, they walked by that parking garage in every leg.

This looked like one of the most physically demanding legs in a long time. Usually it’s straight line running and like maybe one leg has a single staircase component. But this place was all hills and stairs.

STING 64 posted:

man i wanna collect balloons

Yeah that one would be fun.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I swore they said no switching allowed when they read the clue but I guess since it was the last two teams it didn’t matter.

I feel like the jeep thing would not be a big deal if it was just getting stuff on there but having to match it made that an event that was going to take an hour at least . That was like a 20-30 minute cooking challenge.

There was some really obvious ADR where one of the twins mouthed “adhd” but they replaced it with “attention to detail.”

Pleasant episode all things considered though.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

No switching was in reference to the water taxis, you can't switch your boat (which is why mom/son were stuck waiting for their boat to start again).

Ah, that makes sense.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Oh my god the dog on the escalator.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I was mad when the firefighters switched because that cbs production library generic breakdance song was driving me crazy. But drat what a comeback.

I really loved the ending sequence.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Not allowed to run or walk on the escalator, dog gets it.

It knows the rules.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Ricky and Cesar briefly struggle and still end up crushing the leg.

Although the firefighters might be doing better than them at the challenges but just can’t get out of their own way. Maybe Kramer was right about the navigation skills of firefighters.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Poque posted:

Ready for the "Dream Team" to go home, they do not appear to be having any fun, nor do they seem to like each other at all. Cops can go home too

I'm so annoyed, they have a team from Tucson a few years ago, and they 're border patrol, they have a team from Ontario California and they're cops.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The fingerprint thing looked impossible but it would have been fun to see someone try it. Oh well.

The soccer thing was funny because the opposing team definitely weren’t trying to keep people there too long and were basically setting up the goals for the people in their second attempts.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

My favorite part of the episode was Rod, the former NFL receiver built like a truck, getting bumped and going "oh that's legal? Hell yes let's go" and just destroying everyone in his path

Yeah it was really great.

Danny calls Leticia Chi Chi which is an interesting nickname in a spanish speaking country.

Rick fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 19, 2024

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It seems some of the things they did last season which was filmed after this season was a response to this season, such as the forced public uturn votes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Most interesting thing from the last one to me was that it seemed like most of the people who never welded before did a lot better because they had to actually pay attention to the instruction. Some sort of life lesson there that I refuse to learn.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Poque posted:

I still don’t understand what the firefighters were even doing. Was their strategy to just drive aimlessly until they found the right plaza? They didn’t seem to ask anybody until they ended up in a restricted stockyard and even then the guys just said “no, this isn’t a plaza”

The implication to me they were just driving from place to place called "plaza" was very funny.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That was such a bummer way for a team to go out. I really wish they had done something about it.

Rod just pushing that car out of the mud was pretty badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lol that one taxi driver just driving in a random direction. Didn’t seem to make a difference though.

I zoned out the first roadblock but enjoyed the rest of this one.