Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Unless Frieren ever has to kill Land for some reason (he drank all the tea and did not make more), I doubt we'll ever find out exactly how his magic works, because he is JoJo-tier dependent on people not figuring out the rules of how his powers work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Hunt11 posted:

Even with some limitations something like that would be amazing.

Even if it was just for food, I'd be so happy. Imagine never having to throw out produce again.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 29 days!)

Plot twist is even the one Serie spied on drinking tea in the distance was also a clone

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Das Boo posted:

Even if it was just for food, I'd be so happy. Imagine never having to throw out produce again.
I'd be pretty happy with a make food never go bad spell.

It's funny how attack spells are all neat and all but every time they show one of those practical folk spells I'm all I WANT THAT.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

AlternateNu posted:

The flower field spell but for baked goods.

Primo post/avatar combo

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Great episode can't wait to see what new arc they start next week. Maybe a Stark arc. STARC.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Chair In A Basket posted:

Great episode can't wait to see what new arc they start next week. Maybe a Stark arc. STARC.

Uhh... who wants to tell them?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/syaparinton/status/1771713798807937176?t=kzfeNdr9VYOSZhO9qlPVCQ&s=19

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/tentenchan2525/status/1769351231489896833?s=19

I thought this was just a gag but it turned out to be canon

If Lernen is such a devoted combat mage why doesn't he go around killing all the demons still roaming around the north

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Centzon Totochtin posted:

If Lernen is such a devoted combat mage why doesn't he go around killing all the demons still roaming around the north

I mean he came into town for the 1st class mage exam as it is usually up to him to handle the final test. Outside of that it is hard to say what he gets up to usually.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
My cat got Himmel eyes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Anime_Frieren/status/1771748776883134853?t=u86hsDxCngMb4ekRv1PE6Q&s=19

Cleaning spells but only when needed. Dangit Stark you don't intentionally get dirty so your friend can clean your clothes.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/kenjiuz46/status/1771713555277967457?s=19

Serie's revenge

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Well, that might not be the best anime of all time but it's probably the best Manga adaptation I've ever seen. Absolutely stunning work by the studio to elevate an already stellar source material. Here's hoping for 5 seasons of the same quality.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Six seasons and a movie

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

if there was ever a manga that was guaranteed to get fully adapted its this one

idk how many seasons that will ultimately be but i guess we'll see

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
the new one piece

honestly kind of interested to see what these guys would come up with for an anime-original arc

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Rand Brittain posted:

the new one piece

honestly kind of interested to see what these guys would come up with for an anime-original arc

Stark's adventures in town as he waits for frieren and fern to take the exam

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rand Brittain posted:

the new one piece

If ever there was an anime that was actually built for filler, it's this one.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

This was an astonishingly good show.

Also got a huge kick out of Ubel walking in and instantly passing. And Land for Understanding The Assignment.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Is there a game besides Outward that manages to capture the frieren vibes?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

haddedam posted:

I've said this before but the closest I've felt is similar to Frieren is The Witcher 3. Aside from the game's main plot the side quests and monster contracts have a similar vibe of wandering from town to town and engaging with the social commentary of the week through the eyes of an experienced individual who often seems aloof but actually cares quite a bit.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

haddedam posted:

Any game where you're overleveled and it's the post-game :v:

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
So Ubel 100% asked for a spell that lets her always know where the real Land is didn’t she?

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

sharkmafia posted:

if there was ever a manga that was guaranteed to get fully adapted its this one

idk how many seasons that will ultimately be but i guess we'll see

I'm gonna put this in spoilers, but there are no manga spoilers, just a comment on the number of manga chapters out there:

The manga is ongoing, but there's about 1 and a half more seasons of material if the adaptation covers at about the same rate as the first season.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/tentenchan2525/status/1771923071601086787?s=19

Hmm don't think I need a translation for this one

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gully Foyle posted:

I'm gonna put this in spoilers, but there are no manga spoilers, just a comment on the number of manga chapters out there:

The manga is ongoing, but there's about 1 and a half more seasons of material if the adaptation covers at about the same rate as the first season.
And the manga's also starting what looks to be a big, new arc, but definitely not the final one. There's hella Frieren to go.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hey remember Sein? Wonder what he's up to. :v:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He had a spot in the credits montage where it looked like he'd found an older woman.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
"The real you is playing naked Ring Fit back in your hometown, isn't it?"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Funny how Serie and Land both have a projection of that they show the public while hiding their true selves, either literally or emotionally.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Arc Hammer posted:

He had a spot in the credits montage where it looked like he'd found an older woman.

Nah, that's Gorilla Warrior behind that parasol.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Das Boo posted:

My cat got Himmel eyes.

Much like Himmel, your cat is very handsome.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/TunaTexasMaid/status/1773235686470009069?s=19

Manga readers is this real

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bro Frieren curses like a fuckin sailor in the manga, they had to tone down this old battleaxe

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Just lol if you think that Frieren wasn't the one who orignally wrote that particular grimoire. :v:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lt. Lizard posted:

Just lol if you think that Frieren wasn't the one who orignally wrote that particular grimoire. :v:

"Serie, the person standing before you... is a mage who's come up with 1000 slurs against demons"

*dramatic choir music peaks*

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Frieren finally unleashing her true racism levels after centuries of suppressing it

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A heated mage moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
They call her....

Frieren The ******