Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

I just realized they called him Richter because he controls earth(quakes).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

drilldo squirt posted:

Frieren stoped using basic magic.

IIRC she only said it was sufficient for defeating mages of this era, which doesn't include herself.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Cheating a bit here with the second screenshot by mashing frames together, but I did like this contrast from Ep. 21 and how it recontextualizes Frieren breaking Serie's barrier. The show's writing does this sort of thing a lot.

Sachant fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Mar 2, 2024

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

This show makes really good use of first-person sequences.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Might just be me but I think she's just crazy.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

For someone so old, Serie seems extremely petty.

Have you met old people?

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

The show does a good job of simultaneously presenting Frieren is extremely powerful but not unassailably so. There are moments in the series that feel like Frieren can just trivialize any challenge, but the more you learn about her and her antagonists/foils, the more you realize that that isn't the case and tension there properly builds.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

It's remarkably consistent how often Serie is shown completely talking out of her own rear end in back-to-back shots. She seemingly has no understanding of herself, or ability to admit anything to herself.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

VideoWitch posted:

Like with exception of Serie people don't know how old Frieren is, the most they can figure out is "well she was around 80 years ago."

It's weird how nobody seems to know these things. Like, Fern doesn't know how Frieren is, or that she was trained by Flamme? Or that Frieren knows Serie? Really? Years spent traveling together and none of these things just happened to come up?

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

cat elf and frog elf

gently caress why is this so accurate

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

You know, with thousands of years at her disposal, you'd think Serie would build some thrones she fits into better.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

I'll take your word for it.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

If Serie misses all of her students so much why doesn't she just go to Ende with Frieren?

Yes I realize this is a "why don't they just ride the eagles" question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

I'm cosplaying Old Himmel at a local anime con soon and am very much hoping to get a photo with all the million Frieren cosplayers and me just dead on the floor in front of them.