Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Nice comfy episode after the back to back to back of wonderful but high tension.

Always love the shots of low detail gremlin Frieren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Julias posted:

some lineart of the dance sequence byh the key animator in this ep
https://x.com/nscdund/status/1735677525949292734?s=20

Its the little details they did not have to do like the hair falling at the end that really elevate this show

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I appreciate the spoiler warning for the trailer. It is not weird to not want to watch it. I almost did just to hear the new theme.

Impossible to tell if spoiler blocks are about the show or the manga

I'm only watching the show so manga folks who can't shut the gently caress up are real annoying

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 22, 2023

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Old op was good but I feel like new one fits better. New stopmotion for the ED is gorgeous and cool they're using different bits of the same song. Anytime Anywhere feels like the true theme of the show.

Yoasobi had a big challenge following up Idol.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

This arc looks like its going to be very fun

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

It doesn't matter to the story they're trying to tell so they just never get into it. Maybe it'll come up later.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

ChronoReverse posted:

Or is this some future knowledge bullshit that should GTFO of this thread?

they're mentioning THE TEXT so probably

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

things are all fun and games until the boss music starts playing

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Nitrousoxide posted:

Finally, getting caught up in the second cour and goddamn I love this OP2. Absolute top-tier banger. I watch it through in full each time.

It grew on me pretty quickly and I'm really enjoying it now.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

There's tons of fanservice in Frieren it just happens to be headpats and Fern's pouty face

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Dark and ominous cabinet in the back corner of Himmel's house is still one of my favorite gags so far. It did a really good job of helping set tone of the show.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

There's a Bocchi stage play

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

The quick view of Methode standing in the hallway was chilling.

The way they've shot this show is just perfect.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Metis of the Chat Thread posted:

How many more episodes are there? I keep expecting each episode to be the finale but then there's an episode preview. Just want to know how long the magic will last!

one more :cry:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

What a wonderful show. I cant hyperbolize enough how much I looked forward to it every week. I was tearing up pretty bad when the credits song kicked in. I'm usually unsatisfied with endings but this was perfect.

Serie must be absolutely furious lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I can't think of a more perfect final episode other than like, cowboy bebop or something.

I will stay strong and not read the manga.