Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
the fact that frieren could get out of jail or avoid going to jail if she simply invoked her name (or stark or fern did), but doesn't, kind of undercuts the whole thing to me. it'd be fine if this was the first time i guess, but this literally happened in the last episode as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

GateOfD posted:

Hm, I guess it was him tanking it? Cause he seemed to be taking battle wounds normally.
When I read it, I i interpreted it as him giving it all on attack. But her attack didn’t slash thru because she wasn’t committed to the dual death and held back for defense (which didn’t help at all)

I thought it was just that she has perfect skill which was reflected in her dominance in the battle but it was just that, a reflection of movements. She lacked the strength/power the fighters she mirrored had.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Just gonna go out on a limb and say Frieren should be just granted certification

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
the tiny tub and sickle killed me im a loving ghost

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i am extremely done with yoasobi at this point because they all sound the same, so i inherently like the new op more

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I am disappointed that Frieren actually has to take this test

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Y’all talking about the natural/elemental magic being inefficient is interesting. I was assuming that imbuing something physical with magic and manipulating that magic would be a shortcut and more mana efficient than giving pure mana shape and form like zoltraak.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Yawgmoft posted:

Judging by the effect and the way characters were talking about the barrier and how no matter the brute force you use it won't break, Frieren probably dispelled it/deconstructed the magic used to make it, and literally no one has ever thought to do that before

Given the girls were having trouble using their magic on richter simply because he had much more mana than them, I assume the only way someone could theoretically break it was if they could overpower Serie’s mana, as she made the barrier (Assuming they knew how to break it in the first place).
It’s helpful when you’re a tensai on top of having the most mana. Frieren has it all, except ambition.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Yawgmoft posted:

The only reason I disagree is that overpowering a mage using more mana than them would not be "turning the world of magic upside-down"

I didn’t mean to imply that was the only part, just a component. As in even if someone knew exactly how her barrier worked and devised a way to break it, you’d still need to essentially be more powerful than Serie to actually do it. I also assume that’s what is revolutionary, and turning the mage world on its head. Some elf lady has been sitting at the top for a thousand years + and then suddenly…

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 3, 2024

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I mean serie’s whole deal seems to be not being honest about her feelings so it tracks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
He’s just an old guy. He’s like 80.