Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I finally started watching the other week and now have caught up to the manga as well. What an incredible series- having a show that has as much about contemplation of your past deeds as well as enough action to keep things exciting without it turning into just a shonen punch fest is really refreshing. The quiet parts are so drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah with many of these villages that have folk spells (like the make grapes sour one) I assumed that there are lots of people that have a very low level of mana that can learn such things but they never become actual mages as they don’t have any ability to cast something stronger than such things.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lol eat poo poo, Richter

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm curious if they will ever tell us how long Serie has been a mage. Or how old she and Frieren are.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mordja posted:

From what's been said about her, I assume Serie's from the Godess' era, so definitely older than Frieren.

Oh for sure- but I'm just curious if she's been around since humans were basically Neanderthals or something.I figure that Frieren is at least a few hundred years old by the time she starts training under Flamme but it's all just theorizing.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Spell that automatically cleans my cat’s litter box

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

E: avatar sized, in case anyone wants it

Too shocking and perverted!!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hunt11 posted:

It can make thematic sense whilst also being a terrifying amount of steak.

How much can elves eat? We simply do not know.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Frieren's new spell looks effective.

https://x.com/5r2rjseq/status/1756695173671825553?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I honestly laughed out loud at drill Frieren.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

fukkin' lmao

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Boogalo posted:

There's tons of fanservice in Frieren it just happens to be headpats and Fern's pouty face

There was that absolutely lewd scene where Frieren actually blew a kiss. I can't believe that was aired. Don't they know that CHILDREN watch the show?!? :stonk:

Edit: now that I think about it I wonder if that scene was kind of a tip of the hat to the scene in the original Dragon Ball of Emperor Pilaf blowing a kiss to Bulma and his henches being aghast at how lewd he was being.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 21, 2024

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I enjoy that Frieren's suitcase is obviously a Suitcase of Holding but they never explicitly state that it is one.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ranzear posted:

She picks up a new four pound grimoire every two months. It would only take 20 years to fill a standard bag of holding to capacity. That thing is some kind of epic bullshit item that she thinks is totally normal.

There are also other items like shadow dragon horns, weird beast skulls, etc.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Centzon Totochtin posted:

https://twitter.com/PeterZimmerman0/status/1761346099434889525?s=19

Never watched a Gundam but I know enough through cultural osmosis to feel old

fukkin lmao

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Steve Yun posted:

I followed this artist when they were doing chainsaw man, I love their style

Dang they are really great

https://x.com/ryosuketarou/status/1739277881757630665?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lol I just noticed the little Golem Jar charms on their bags

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah as much as I love the manga the anime magic battles are a huge loving step above and beyond.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Übel's logic on how her cutting magic works is perfectly logical to me. To me the others saying she's insane tells me that they don't understand magic as well as she does in a pure way.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

But if her name really is intended to be as literal as everyone else's (and not a rare red herring), I guess that's fine too, just a bit of a letdown.

I take it as the same way for the same reasons and I'm just headcanoning it that way until she does an obvious "evil" thing.

\/\/\/ :hmmyes:

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 10, 2024

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

LostRook posted:

She seeks it out a little. She pointedly knew the bandits were there and stopped so they could accost her.

But if you kill a bunch of killers, you've saved all the people they would have killed later :black101:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

January 6 Survivor posted:

The real reason here for the exam is that Serie, having lived for thousands upon thousands of years has grown tired of all known entertainment except for the one genre that will forever be interesting : shounen tournament arcs.

All of those books in her place aren't grimoires but tankobans

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Welp (no idea why the sound doesn't work)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mordja posted:

Ah, the Nom Jabbar.

XD

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Steve Yun posted:

“I’ll give you one chance. What’s your favorite spell?”

“The spell that removes the stickiness from my fingers after eating snacks”

“Oh I use that one a lot…”

“You fail”

Lmbo

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah Frieren is one of the few anime that I think actually surpasses the manga in certain ways as opposed to being not as good.

Gully Foyle posted:

Definitely going to go read the manga now, no way I can just wait for a new season.

It's available on the Viz manga app if you have an ipad; it's great to read that way.

edit 2: the end of the anime season is chapter 60.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 22, 2024

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Centzon Totochtin posted:

https://twitter.com/tiita132155/status/1779344777257066942?s=19

I feel like when you've been alive that long you can learn to dual-class

lmao at the caption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

accurate