Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Haven't been this sad to be caught up on something for a while. And there are only four episodes left too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Is this week's upcoming episode the season finale or will there be more after that?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I think the character whose name literally means "Evil" in a show where every single other character has an extremely descriptive name might not be a very good person.

As for the other events of the episode I was kind of hoping to see Fern's shadow tearing it up, but on the other hand we did see the real Fern absolutely tear into Shadow Frieren with an all-out attack when the opportunity to do so finally arose. And even that wasn't quite enough to finish Shadow Frieren off.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I like all the episodes of this show but I think it is at its weakest when it spends an entire episode on power level wanking, even if it is in service of a broader and more subtle point. The showdown with Aura was the low point for me. At least this one had some character development and back story and the power level wanking was kind of incidental.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
<:frogout:>

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
My guess is that the new party reaches Oreole(?) and Frieren chooses to "ascend" or otherwise voluntarily dies in some way and there is a tearful goodbye with her human companions

Skippy McPants posted:

Need a version of this that says 不合格.

帰れ surely

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
不合格 (fugoukaku) fail
帰れ (kaere) get out

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Big talk for a race dumb enough to lose fire starting equipment and almost freeze to death in a mountain shack, putting those millennia of life experience to good use there.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
"The real you is playing naked Ring Fit back in your hometown, isn't it?"

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/117227065

GOOD JOB
#Frieren at the Funeral, #フェルン, #フリーレン

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
if I never actually watch the final episode then is the series really over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
if you didn't get to watch this series then here is a brief summary of most of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmh78Mfvj-c