Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite Wizard of Oz Character?
The Lion
The Tin Man
Dorothy
The Vikings
Scarecrow
Munchkin #27
One of them witches
View Results

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It's time once again for Thursday Night Football!

See! the Green Bay Packers as they have potentially fallen into their third franchise quarterback since 1990! Shake your head in frustration as the NFL script writers have given him a WR1 named Romeo!

See! The Detroit Lions, not a nocturnal species, now ready for Prime time! Did anyone tell them? Will they have to change out of their pajamas!?

Is Love for real? Or is this just another encounter with a handsy stranger under the bleachers? Are the Lions back from the endangered species list, or is an all-kneecap diet not sufficient? All these questions and more will be asked, on THURSDAY! NIGHT! FOOTBALL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hoping for a Lions win

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The Detroit Football Lions are going to play a football game

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My wing order is delayed & my Doordash driver is expected to arrive around 5:19pm PST.

Also my housemate has been home all day with a lady friend watching One Piece & commandeered the living room TV, so I'm watching this in my bedroom.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Marshawn Lynch as a media interviewer is such a funny juxtaposition.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Had to try the old "hang a wire coathanger on the antenna in hopes of improving the signal reception" trick. Seems to be working alright so far.

Go Lions, FTP

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I have a feeling a fraud will be revealed tonight.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
the answer lies inside a brand new day
evolution starts again, just to show us all the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWUg_8peMh0

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I hope Amon Ra is okay playing a night game. The sun is suppose to be his thing. :ohdear:

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

the majority of people thinking the lions are gonna win this game is filling me with so much dread

Upside Potential
Jun 14, 2006
If you think this guy is terrible, wait till next year.
Can't wait to found out how the Bears lose this game.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Do not even ask posted:

the majority of people thinking the lions are gonna win this game is filling me with so much dread

SOSAL

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Android Apocalypse posted:

My wing order is delayed & my Doordash driver is expected to arrive around 5:19pm PST.

Also my housemate has been home all day with a lady friend watching One Piece & commandeered the living room TV, so I'm watching this in my bedroom.

This game is officially non-canon.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Upside Potential posted:

Can't wait to found out how the Bears lose this game.

Buddy just pretend you are a lions fan.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I would be completely unsurprised if the Lions poop themselves this game.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Honestly surprised they couldn't cast Goff in the Barbie movie since it's the perfect animamorph between Gossling and Cera

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dorothy is the best character in the book by miles, she's a little kid who gets dumped into this world and she doesn't give a gently caress, she just blows through everything without breaking a sweat. And unlike in the movie, she actually did the whole adventure for real.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I think it would be cool if the Packers win tonight. It's what I'm hoping happens tonight. But whatever the outcome the true winner is us, the fans.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Bip Roberts posted:

Honestly surprised they couldn't cast Goff in the Barbie movie since it's the perfect animamorph between Gossling and Cera

I thought Joe Burrow was pretty great as Kenneth Nichols in Oppenheimer.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MJeff posted:

Dorothy is the best character in the book by miles, she's a little kid who gets dumped into this world and she doesn't give a gently caress, she just blows through everything without breaking a sweat. And unlike in the movie, she actually did the whole adventure for real.

Huh?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Android Apocalypse posted:

I would be completely unsurprised if the Lions poop themselves this game.

Indeed

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

If the Lions win tonight we replace Octoberfest with Gofftoberfest.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

MJeff posted:

book?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

MJeff posted:

Are you talking about Dorothy Mantooth?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
this is a cool matchup of some new and some recently-established talent from the NFC Central division

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hughmoris posted:

Are you talking about Dorothy Mantooth?

Scrolling past the poll, you people sicken me.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

MJeff posted:

If I won't read a book I am sure as hell not gonna read a poll

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MJeff posted:

No poll when phone posting

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

Would have been better if no one acknowledged the poll and just let the phone posters talk themselves into confused circles.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1707546929280745731?t=ZdGt-wTgeVgF1-VKyxxYjw&s=19

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

On a Thursday a day no one even plays

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Didn't have a Lions themed beer so I'm drinking the only cat related beer on the fridge.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think tonight is the first time a whole lot of people are seeing Love play for real?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

MJeff posted:

Can't see it on mobile :(

Anyway can't wait to be emotionally devastated by this game

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Crescent Wrench posted:

Would have been better if no one acknowledged the poll and just let the phone posters talk themselves into confused circles.

poo poo, you're right.

Well, anyway, everybody should read the Wonderful Wizard of Oz if you haven't, it's great.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

There is no "Flying monkeys" option in the poll.

Where are the flying monkeys?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Gatts posted:

Hoping for a Lions win

Same.

Do not even ask posted:

Same.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i feel like the packers will do a lot better than expected but now that i've said that they will of course not

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Go pack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
We are possibly getting a good TNF game tonight and I don't know how I feel about that