Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
idk I just wanted to talk about my lunch and it’s not a salad today. had some bomb rear end curry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sep 29, 2023
status update 09/29/23: eating curry waiting for our society to implode monday morning, 10/02/23

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
curry is good

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

i am jealous of your lunch

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

society better stick around at least until I finish my game project

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

there's massaman curry in my fridge, maybe i have some for lunch? time will tell

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

AlbertFlasher posted:

curry is good

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

might do a japanese curry for lunch tomorrow w/ leftovers for monday

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Silver Alicorn posted:

idk I just wanted to talk about my lunch and it’s not a salad today. had some bomb rear end curry

bomb rear end is what happens after lunch

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Dijkstracula posted:

might do a japanese curry for lunch tomorrow w/ leftovers for monday

I have confirmed the existence of japanese curry in my house

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
lookin like some tasty curry

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I had katsu curry for lunch. thanks for reading

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

qsvui posted:

lookin like some tasty curry

:tipshat: the gravy came out a bit thin so I'll know that for next time but maybe it'll firm up after it sits in the fridge, who can say

e: re-reading the recipe and I misread the amount of flour to make the roux with, that's probably why :whitewater:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

drat fine replies itt

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

update: I have made a fresh roux and drizzled in the too-thin gravy, and it looks like the emulsion has taken and the consistency is better now :woop:

yospos kitchen success story

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

bomb rear end curry

peyote huh

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

The Management posted:

I had katsu curry for lunch. thanks for reading

your welcome

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dijkstracula posted:

I have confirmed the existence of japanese curry in my house

that looks like soup op

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

that looks like soup op

curry is stew and stew is soup op

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I use the blocks like a shameful baka gaijin but they're so drat simple and I can have delicious curry in under 30 minutes

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

yeah weirdly my bougie white people’s grocery store was only selling the curry powder, but in the past I’ve just done the blocks and it’s way simpler and more consistent

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

curry block protip: you can mix flavors, I usually do half java curry and half kokumaru or s&b

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dijkstracula posted:

curry is stew and stew is soup op

:goofy:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

qirex posted:

I use the blocks like a shameful baka gaijin but they're so drat simple and I can have delicious curry in under 30 minutes

tbh i think it is bordering on silly affectation to do anything other than the blocks, ultimately it is a quirky knockoff of Indian flavors, with the most distinguishing feature being a really high quality cheat existing in the blocks.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

had some lentils and quinoa

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i had quinoa two days ago for lunch with some spicy vegetables at a vegan restaurant in nyc. it was decent.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

would u rather be stuck in an all meat diet or an all plant diet if u had to choose

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

fart simpson posted:

i had quinoa two days ago for lunch with some spicy vegetables at a vegan restaurant in nyc. it was decent.

feels like an end of an era that you've finally given up the ridiculous posting gimmick where you pretended to live in china

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i wanted to post about my curry for dinner last night, but i didn't because i didn't wanna ruin the vibe

but now i'm having leftover curry for lunch and it's MY TIME TO SHINE!!!

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

I’d prefer an all-plant one, assuming I’m living in a place where restaurants have a good vegan selection (ie not where I am living now)

also all the all-meat diet people I’ve known have ultimately gone off the deep end ideologically speaking

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

feels like an end of an era that you've finally given up the ridiculous posting gimmick where you pretended to live in china

im going back on friday, op

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

fart simpson posted:

im going back on friday, op

i mean, i understand feeling the pressure the resume the gimmick, but it is fine to just post candidly about your life in the scarsdale suburbs, you can have fun that way too.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Dijkstracula posted:

all-meat diet

do what now? are you talking like atkins and/or paleo nonsense or is there some actually-all-meat bullshit out there?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

do what now? are you talking like atkins and/or paleo nonsense or is there some actually-all-meat bullshit out there?

actually-all-meat has been a thing for a bit, in my experience a thing people with already incredibly weird opinions pick up (and i think that is the correct cause-and-effect here). for example far-right, but not exclusively.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

jordang peterson famously ate nothing but steaks seasoned with salt and pepper, for like a year at least

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the all meat diet for sure

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i mean, i understand feeling the pressure the resume the gimmick, but it is fine to just post candidly about your life in the scarsdale suburbs, you can have fun that way too.

idgi sorry op

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the all meat diet for sure

it’s this

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

would u rather be stuck in an all meat diet or an all plant diet if u had to choose

mmmmmm, gee, i dont know, which one means i can nom epic amounts of Bacon :troll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

fart simpson posted:

All plant easily. I don't have an issue with meat but an all meat diet is a bit much.