Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
As suggested in the Wrestling Podcast thread, any posts in this thread must be posted from a wrestling is real, in kayfabe perspective.

I have to say, I’m not liking Omega, Jericho, and Ibushi’s chances against Don Callis’ family this weekend. Callis knows everything about Omega and Jericho, and I’m sure he’ll make sure his guys know all of Kenny and Chris’ secrets. I hope Callis gets his comeuppance someday, but I don’t see it happening this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Y’all seen this NXT?? poo poo is wild.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Hogan could beat all these losers

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Hogan could beat all these losers

He killed Andre with a bodyslam, of course he could beat anyone

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
ZSJ seems way more chilled out ever since he joined TMDK. hope he hasn't lost his edge, else Bryan Danelson is going to murder him.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I don't understand why Don Callis is so intent on ruining Kenny Omega. I thought he was the practical pragmatic type. He already proved Takeshita is better so why keep going down that well.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Anything CAN happen in the WWE Universe! :haw:

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Big Show is huge!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Ibexaz posted:

Big Show is huge!

Did you know his dad is Andre?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

stone cold would kick goldbergs rear end

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jimmy uso is a worthless piece of poo poo. john silver is a piece of poo poo

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Hangman is a piece of poo poo for turning on his friends.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Dark Order are bad friends and losers who loving suck

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Dark Order are bad friends and losers who loving suck

They agreed to do a cowboy entrance for that elimination match.

Edit: Speaking of Hangman, does the flip on the Buckshot Lariat add more force a la flips on a high flying move, and if so, does it make it stronger than the Rainmaker?

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Sep 30, 2023

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Ibexaz posted:

Big Show is huge!

How can John Cena possibly get him up on his shoulders for the AA? :ohdear:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

Edit: Speaking of Hangman, does the flip on the Buckshot Lariat add more force a la flips on a high flying move, and if so, does it make it stronger than the Rainmaker?
yes and yes

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ZSJ seems way more chilled out ever since he joined TMDK. hope he hasn't lost his edge, else Bryan Danelson is going to murder him.

Zack has a title belt, unlike that loser Danielson, that proves he's the better wrestler and he'll cement it on Sunday

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't know if I can support this industry anymore. It's a criminal offense to attack someone outside of a sanctioned match. Yet again and again, promotion after promotion. What happened wednesday isn't funny, it isn't cool, it's not poggers, it's a crime.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bryan Danielson is pretty good, imo.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

MJeff posted:

Bryan Danielson is pretty good, imo.

He's good, but I don't think he's ZSJ good anymore. Pretty sure that he knows all of his weak spots and will break his arm again.

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
I have been accused of a stalker!
I had a tough math test the other day and thought to myself 'I wonder what would happen if I add Kurt Angle to the mix?'

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

He's good, but I don't think he's ZSJ good anymore. Pretty sure that he knows all of his weak spots and will break his arm again.

Danielson submitted Okada with one arm, something only Shinsuke Nakamura has ever done, and he would be world champion right now if AEW would move into this century and have two refs and video review. ZSJ's having a cute little title run beatin' guys who never win anything, but this isn't Ryohei Oiwa, it's the American Dragon, in Seattle. He's toast.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Bryan Danielson just had a broken arm, and as good as he is ZSJ is healthier and can take advantage of his previous injuries. I can see this going his way if Bryan isn't careful.

He made Okada tap with one arm but as good as he is he doesn't have the ground game ZSJ has to take full advantage here.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okada doesn't have ground game?!

The loving Money Clip?! Hello?!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The Farmer has been away for a year and a half.. but I still think he's got the juice to take out Swerve strickland the leader of Mogul Embassies.. that is if he can keep one eye open for those bastard flunkies.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
It's a pity Hulk Hogan isn't allowed to compete, but thank goodness we have Mr. America to help keep the WWE's villains in check :patriot:

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Bryan Danielson just had a broken arm, and as good as he is ZSJ is healthier and can take advantage of his previous injuries. I can see this going his way if Bryan isn't careful.

He made Okada tap with one arm but as good as he is he doesn't have the ground game ZSJ has to take full advantage here.

One caveat, Okada is skilled in those fancy lucha submissions, so he has some ground game.

Also, MJF is totally losing, right?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I never said he doesn’t have a ground game at all but let's be honest it's not on the level of Bryan or ZSJ.

And I hope Hangman and Swerve have a fair fight. We don't need anymore evidence that AEW needs to have instant replays and multiple refs

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

One caveat, Okada is skilled in those fancy lucha submissions, so he has some ground game.

Also, MJF is totally losing, right?

They let MJF get away with so much I have absolutely no doubt that he can cheat his way through two people.

How they haven't taken that ring away from him yet, I have no idea. Khan's a good promoter, but the dude has about as much control of his locker room as Regal did NXT.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

League is biased pulling for MJF, cheating bum. Liberal Tony Kahn keeping down a good Christian team like The Righteous.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This black mist needs to be investigated. Given the damage it does it’s obviously some kind of neurotoxin, perhaps adjacent to fentanyl?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I will never bet against somebody who made Jon Moxley tap out. I didn't think that was possible.
Who did Swerve ever beat? Nick Wayne? He's a kid.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

And I hope Hangman and Swerve have a fair fight. We don't need anymore evidence that AEW needs to have instant replays and multiple refs

I think no company wants to implement those because wrestling leagues low key want things to go off the rails for buzz. :capitalism:

Besides, you set a precedent like that and it'll bloat match times. Yano matches would last an hour.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I think no company wants to implement those because wrestling leagues low key want things to go off the rails for buzz. :capitalism:

Besides, you set a precedent like that and it'll bloat match times. Yano matches would last an hour.

I was gonna say: like the NHL with hockey fights.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Brian Cage has the mass and raw talent to become world champion but I think he's more shrewd than we give him credit for. By working with Swerve and Nana's faction he guarantees paydays while doing less work. Beat up a few dudes, get wins over talent he's clearly able to outpace, get a cut from the winner's purse. Work smarter, not harder. I think his size also affects other elements of his ringwork; he may be a machine, but nothing can keep chugging forever. At his best he could flatten any current AEW champ. It only takes a three count.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ChrisBTY posted:

I will never bet against somebody who made Jon Moxley tap out. I didn't think that was possible.
Who did Swerve ever beat? Nick Wayne? He's a kid.

Moxley's washed up, dude. He straight up hasn't been the same since he talked all that poo poo about Punk and then Punk just beat him. Lost to MJF when his own manager betrayed him, got knocked out by Hangman, got choked out by Hangman because he wrapped a chain around his own neck, then went insane and started stabbin' people with screwdrivers. Then he vultured away Orange Cassidy's belt because the dude's body fell apart and he held it for all of twenty minutes before he got knocked out again, this time by somebody half his size. Has this dude had ANY signature wins in like, a year? Ones where he didn't need Don Callis to show up and bail him out?

Moxley and Hangman and a bunch of the guys who were in AEW at the start have all peaked and Swerve sees right through all of them. He's gonna take all their poo poo, starting with Hangman.

Bryan at least knows he's close to the end and is gonna go all out for all the time he has left. There's nobody like him.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 30, 2023

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The only way Swerve beats Hangman is by using his goons. He isn't strong enough to beat anyone on his own as we've seen time and time again against anyone with a hint of talent or ability

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I never knew Rey Fenix to have much killer instinct but man he killed Moxley twice. I have no idea why Knox didn't count the 3 the first time. He should be suspended or fired for that but I bet Tony Khan is the one responsible for it in the first place so that won't happen.

Also about Tony Khan: he has assembled a crew of the worst refs imaginable so his wrestlers can do whatever they want. It's clear he likes cheating and interfering and weapon use. I thought he was supposed to be a wrestling fan.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

if i were tony khan and starting my own fed, id send TWO refs out there. one to watch the ring, the other to watch out for shenanigans. plus, id do instant replay - so many problems would be fixed with another ref out there and a challenge flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Let's be real.

There are no good US refs.