Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which would you eat if you could never eat anything else
Southern BBQ
Tex-Mex
Goku
I'm European
View Results

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
-big bbq dinner. southern bbq with all the fixins, beef pork chicken, burgers, hot dogs, mac and cheese, cornbread, baked beans, pintos

-tex-mex feast. spanish rice, refried beans, anything you could reliably get at an american Mexican restaurant (burritos, tacos, enchiladas) but nothing remotely obscurely Mexican

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

#2 for bottomless menudo

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Big BBQ all day everyday.
Hit me with some ribs and mac n cheese.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Wiazard M... wtf

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
no Hot Dish option? :one:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

the holy poopacy posted:

no Hot Dish option? :one:

im willing to make it a bracket if youre willing to accept that Midwestern Cuisine will lose to every single other american cuisine

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I would take those over the European option
What do that have against us?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Hotdish is just bad shepherd's pie.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

obviously i'm picking the one that includes guacamole

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Grey Cat posted:

Hotdish is just bad shepherd's pie.

shepard's pie is great if it has potatoes in it. Potatoes are Northern American

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Bad Purchase posted:

obviously i'm picking the one that includes guacamole

He said tex mex so youre just getting mashed avocados and salt

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

tbh probably tex mex but i love me some bbq

i'd rather eat new mex than tex mex tho

zone
Dec 6, 2016

AARD VARKMAN posted:

-big bbq dinner. southern bbq with all the fixins, beef pork chicken, burgers, hot dogs, mac and cheese, cornbread, baked beans, pintos

-tex-mex feast. spanish rice, refried beans, anything you could reliably get at an american Mexican restaurant (burritos, tacos, enchiladas) but nothing remotely obscurely Mexican

BBQ all day erry day. Gimme those ribs and pulled pork sammiches.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Pimpcasso posted:

chipotle guac is fine by me, that stuff is good

i'll pass on the taco bell or moe's guac though, that poo poo is garbage

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Easily the bbq IF the cornbread is really good

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

maybealabia posted:

im being generous here and assuming the best interpretation of everything youve had that are strictly within the cusines. like i've had good guacamole at very non authentic mexican places and vice versa

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

maybealabia posted:

Yep. if you got cornbread good, everything is good

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

AARD VARKMAN posted:

im being generous here and assuming the best interpretation of everything youve had that are strictly within the cusines. like i've had good guacamole at very non authentic mexican places and vice versa

how good is the tex mex and what area of tex/mex is it from

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

do i get chorizo eggs in the second one? if not im gonna have to go first if i do then i could eat chorizo and eggs for every meal until i die so #2

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Pimpcasso posted:

im from a town in the southern US where the guacamole at the otherwise most authentic place in town includes mayonnaise

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

snergle posted:

do i get chorizo eggs in the second one? if not im gonna have to go first if i do then i could eat chorizo and eggs for every meal until i die so #2

is that problem?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

snergle posted:

i'll rule that you can have chorizo and eggs together but only in a burrito or taco format. just "chorizo and eggs" isnt common enough a dish

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Definitely sticking to bbq then.
I've eaten some pretty awesome tex mex. But I've never had it be erotically good like bbq.

That melt in your mouth brisket got me :blush:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

avocado is nature's mayo

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

AARD VARKMAN posted:

im being generous here and assuming the best interpretation of everything youve had that are strictly within the cusines.

In that case BBQ wins over maybe any cuisine anyplace, not just the other option itt

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

BBQ. Meats forever

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Grey Cat posted:

Definitely sticking to bbq then.
I've eaten some pretty awesome tex mex. But I've never had it be erotically good like bbq.

That melt in your mouth brisket got me :blush:

New Mexican food is the erotically good version of Tex Mex

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
If i wanted a mexican american breakfast I would want a Chorizo sausage egg and cheese bagel.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

The worst mexican food is a hundred times better than the filth americans pour down their bleeding gullets nine times a day bbq included

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

The worst mexican food is a hundred times better than the filth americans pour down their bleeding gullets nine times a day bbq included

Our anuses are bleeding, not our gullets

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

gently caress. when whas the last time you were in Mexico?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

MrQwerty posted:

New Mexican food is the erotically good version of Tex Mex

before we got to tennessee from the Midwest, my family went through Albuquerque for a couple years and the contrast in the food got me and my brother obsessed with it because of the difference when we ended up in the south

id definitely call new mexican food within the category of tex mex but not any new mexico only dishes

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

gently caress. when whas the last time you were in Mexico?

2016. I ate a lengua estofado from a street cart that looked like a loving outhouse and was brought to my knees by its majesty

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i'll rule that you can have chorizo and eggs together but only in a burrito or taco format. just "chorizo and eggs" isnt common enough a dish

#2 then what kind of animal isnt putting them into a soft warm tortilla.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

AARD VARKMAN posted:

id definitely call new mexican food within the category of tex mex but not any new mexico only dishes

No no no no no no

New Mexican food is New Mexican food

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

AARD VARKMAN posted:

before we got to tennessee from the Midwest, my family went through Albuquerque for a couple years and the contrast in the food got me and my brother obsessed with it because of the difference when we ended up in the south

I believe (🅱️elive?) we've talked about this before, NM is sorta in the category of Tex Mex but is very much ITS OWN THING™ because of geography and history.

People just group it in with tex mex tho

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

No no no no no no

New Mexican food is New Mexican food

i mean New Mexican quality Tex Mex food is within the canon not that New Mexican Food is within the tex mex one sorry for the Confusion.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

New Mexican cuisine is influenced by indigenous cuisine, tex Mex is Mexican influenced baptist church potluck food

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i mean New Mexican quality Tex Mex food is within the canon not that New Mexican Food is within the tex mex one sorry for the Confusion.

Oh okay we cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
e nm