Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

If anything it beats the "each kid tells their own monkey cheese story, visualized" thing they do three times each season.

I like most of those, but (other than the season premiere, if that counts as one) I really didn't care for the one where they have to make up stories to convince Teddy he's a good handyman so he keeps being a handyman?

And the worst one, where they tell Gene stories about food being bad so he'll stop eating literal rotten food from the garbage and getting sick.

All I liked about the one was the design of Bob as the Breadator and Linda as a talking muffin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

DrBouvenstein posted:

I like most of those, but (other than the season premiere, if that counts as one) I really didn't care for the one where they have to make up stories to convince Teddy he's a good handyman so he keeps being a handyman?

And the worst one, where they tell Gene stories about food being bad so he'll stop eating literal rotten food from the garbage and getting sick.

All I liked about the one was the design of Bob as the Breadator and Linda as a talking muffin.

It also gave us Fart School for the Gifted which is a drat masterpiece.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

swickles posted:

It also gave us Fart School for the Gifted which is a drat masterpiece.

This one was the only memorable one to me. It might have been the first episode in that style?

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Nameless Pete posted:

I want one where they have to open the restaurant on Thanksgiving. Bob is passionate about burgers and passionate about turkey, but has never expressed an opinion one way or the other about turkey burgers.

They are an abomination and a diminishment to both turkey and burgers.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Nameless Pete posted:

I want one where they have to open the restaurant on Thanksgiving. Bob is passionate about burgers and passionate about turkey, but has never expressed an opinion one way or the other about turkey burgers.

The hell is this filth. Forbidden Proteins talk? Really. You probably like sweet potato fries too.

I really liked the Rudy episode. Him dealing with it in a pretty normal way is nice, I really feel for the guy, and Louise has been showing so much of her sweeter side lately. I love hell raiser Louise, but it's nice to see that side of her.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/lorenbouchard/status/1715581336000586228?t=xgdq4KsGc5XI6V8fkwym4Q&s=19

If there is no Thanksgiving episode I will riot. I mean, the riot will be a single person, maybe one of my dogs will join in, and mostly confined to my basement, but I will riot nonetheless.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Had to double check, we have one more episode before Jimmy's return:

3: The Pickleorette

Bob and Linda help Gretchen throw her sister's bachelorette party; Tina forces Gene and Louise to play a board game they found on the street.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
That was pretty good. I liked Gale's backstory for "Dob."

Tina tho. :stare:

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I thought we were going to see Bob attempt some sexy dancing. He does know hip hop.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah I really expected them to rope Bob into the exotic dancing. Although I did correctly guess that his hemorrhoid really wasn't gone.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
4: Running Down a Gene
Gene tries to learn how to lucid dream in order to recover the world's most perfect song that he wrote while asleep; Louise and Tina try to trap a cricket whose chirping is keeping Linda up at night.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I like this new more emotional track the show is on lately. That was very sweet, though Bob dismissing Gene's dream after he compared it to Big Bob dismissing Little Bob's burger dreams stuck out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The part of the dream where everything got weird was fun.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The previous two were very standard Bob's Burgers to me, as in, fine, but not noteworthy or memorable. I hope we get at least a few more experimental or truly emotional episodes sprinkled in.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
5: Bully-ieve It or Not
The Belcher kids learn a secret about Zeke's past; Bob rekindles his feud with Jimmy Pesto.

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

Came to the thread to ask if Jimmy Pesto was coming back. The show has been hurting IMO since he was cut and Bob needs a foil. I was hoping they would just replace the voice actor. How was he on the episode last night?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
the new voice sounds nothing like the old voice but it wasn't awful

hatty fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 6, 2023

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I thought it was good. It sounds mostly like the previous voice to me. Maybe a little deeper.

Episode was very cute! Zeke is a good boy.

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

I figured it would sound a bit different, but did they act like Jimmy Pesto or did the writers change the character at all? He was such a good jackass that Bob without him seems less sympathetic to me.

vvvv Sounds good to me. Gotta get Hulu again to check it out.

gurragadon fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 6, 2023

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
He was exactly like he always was. You can go into this episode having never seen the character and know exactly who he is and what his relationship to Bob is. It could serve as his introduction for how emblematic it was of the character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The conclusion to Zeke's story almost made me throw up it was so gross.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I miscalculated something fierce when I decided to have a snack while watching that moment.

Then I was still eating it when I watched last night's Rick and Morty and frankly, I might never eat again.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I can honestly say that was the first time Bob's Burgers made me gag. I also thought it was a little out of character that they didn't believe his apology and were gonna make him do that.

It's nice to have Jimmy Sr back, agreed that Bob needs a rival. This was the first time we saw Bob get loud in a while too.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Zeke is going to end up following the same career path as Jim Jordan when he grows up.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Nameless Pete posted:

Zeke is going to end up following the same career path as Jim Jordan when he grows up.

Seems unlikely since Zeke demonstrates remorse, empathy, kindness, life in his eyes, etc.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
6: Escape from Which Island?
Mr. Fischoeder enlists Bob to be his personal chef for a glamping trip on his exclusive club's secret island; Linda gives the kids a crash course on cocktail party etiquette.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
7: The (Racoon) King and I
During a neighborhood block party, Linda makes a mistake that could threaten the life of her favorite alley raccoon.

I might just have to skip ahead and catch up later.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving Bob!

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
8: Wharf, Me Worry?
During their special day at the wharf with Big Bob, the kids get into trouble with a fortune-telling giant clam.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
9:Fraud of the Dead: Zombie-docu-pocalypse
A documentary film profiling world-class archer Louise Belcher is interrupted by unexpected visitors.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I wanted to like this one but couldn't get into it. It was just yet another reworking of their "kids tell a monkey-cheese story, visualized" crutch that we get several times a season.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
10: The Nightmare 2 Days before Christmas
When the power goes out two days before Christmas, The Belchers must spend the holiday at Mr. Fischoeder's family's old hunting lodge.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

10: The Nightmare 2 Days before Christmas
When the power goes out two days before Christmas, The Belchers must spend the holiday at Mr. Fischoeder's family's old hunting lodge.

I enjoyed this one a lot! Coincidentally, I made some raspberry jam with candied citrus peel in it today and my inner Bob inspired me to label it "have a berry little citrus."

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Based entirely on that alone, you're my kind of person.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
More of Linda being completely unreasonable to the detriment of her family. Really hate what they've done with her character.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Nanigans posted:

More of Linda being completely unreasonable to the detriment of her family. Really hate what they've done with her character.

She stupidly put herself at risk to try to save the Christmas tree for the benefit of her family, then gave up and came home when she realised it was a problem?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Strawman posted:

She stupidly put herself at risk to try to save the Christmas tree for the benefit of her family, then gave up and came home when she realised it was a problem?

For the benefit of her family? They literally didn’t care and would have taken any tree. She also only gave up after nearly dying, almost leaving her husband a widower and her kids without a mother. Stupid and selfish.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
11: Mission Impossi-bob
Teddy gets stuck in an underground survival bunker, and he calls on Bob to find him and get him out.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I liked that episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
The A plot felt pretty convoluted but turned out fun.