Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Just add the 90s horror collection on Criterion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I'm not a fan of the really gory stuff, but will try to watch as many as I can on the ultimate horror streaming service, Peacock.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Watched In the Mouth of Madness while working from home, and it's a really cool movie. Couldn't tell if Sam Neill was supposed to have an accent, forgot he was supposed to have an accent, or maybe he switched in and out on purpose. Highly recommend it.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

It is a horror movie from Marshall Kane's perspective

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

herculon posted:

Kicked off Rocktober with Phantom of the Paradise. Been on my ‘to watch’ list for a long time and saw it on Criterion. Not too bad. Songs are ok, and the stage performances are pretty impressive.

Lol just noticed this is on the list

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

trying to jack off posted:

Its production day and you know what that means! [nicolas, sophia, roman, and francis all come in and collab for an epic movie]

Lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

symbolic posted:

Phantom of the Paradise

god. a movie that defies description imo and one of the few in recent memory that's given me chills multiple times. i'm absolutely floored especially when going in i only expected some kinda darker Rocky Horror, there's just so much going into it and going in fully blind was absolutely the way to go. the ending was batshit and i thought all those hard cuts worked out very well to make it seem like controlled chaos, especially w/all the drastic changes the music takes. ty so much Roth for adding this one on cuz i never heard about it before and doubt i would've checked it out otherwise

Beef ruled

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i made a mistake and watched Phantom of the Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dus7hHb0Je8&t=62s

Lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Sub-Actuality posted:

very tempted to make that same mistake lol

Add it to the spreadsheet

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Finished The House of the Devil, and I agree with Chuck. I enjoyed the movie, but it does take awhile if you're only in it for the spooks. Tom Noonan also does a great job.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

elf help book posted:

In the Mouth of Madness

I liked this well enough but too much of it is Sam Neill seeing something weird and raising his eyebrow and just moving on. This man would have zero issues seeing a squirrel t-posing. Once it really gets rolling and he understands he's in some poo poo, then it's really genuinely great, but it takes a while.

If you're gonna hire someone to constantly raise their eyebrow, Sam Neill is a drat good pick for the role.

He's a gamer

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Watched The Thing. Had to watch my own pick.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Great idea and a great month of movies. I tried to watch more, but the month got away from me

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Got December Holidays, February Rom-Coms, April Baseball, uh… August Australia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Nobody ever says Die Hard 2 is a Christmas movie despite it also taking place on Christmas Eve