Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I thought the Sixaxis/DS3 did, for some reason I rememver using them in the MGS HD collection

It does, they were removed from the DS4 and Dual Sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

WaltherFeng posted:

They havent been a thing since PS3 days. They removed it from PS4 controllers

Seriously? What the gently caress, why?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Gripweed posted:

Seriously? What the gently caress, why?

Because like four games used them out of a library of thousands?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I would suspect that not a lot of games ended up using them because it would make cross-platform development kinda difficult and it kinda goes against how people are used to treating buttons.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Robocop is loving weird but in a kind of charming way.

The script is obviously translated semi-badly from another language and is trying to be a cheesy 80s action thriller but also a robocop simulator so you get a lot of weird cheesy puns that only sort of make sense.

"Okay Robo! Let's see if you can bring the heat!" "I PREFER JUSTICE SERVED COLD."

I'm not sure it's a good game but it at least has personality.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Dewgy posted:

Because like four games used them out of a library of thousands?

That's a bad reason. Do you have any idea how much harder this is going to make getting all the dog tags in MGS2?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How do you do, Fellow Gamers?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq6wPYUqIMk

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Waffleman_ posted:

I would suspect that not a lot of games ended up using them because it would make cross-platform development kinda difficult and it kinda goes against how people are used to treating buttons.

I'm sure first party devs would use it if they brought it back. They use the adaptive triggers all the time.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

I hope all 100 people who bought the vr enjoy this game.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Everyone will definitely flock to see Morbius this time!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

Robocop is loving weird but in a kind of charming way.

The script is obviously translated semi-badly from another language and is trying to be a cheesy 80s action thriller but also a robocop simulator so you get a lot of weird cheesy puns that only sort of make sense.

"Okay Robo! Let's see if you can bring the heat!" "I PREFER JUSTICE SERVED COLD."

I'm not sure it's a good game but it at least has personality.

So it exactly like their Terminator game then

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

They were a menace. Most of my reloads in MGS3 were from accidentally killing someone I was trying to knock out.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

stev posted:

I'm sure first party devs would use it if they brought it back. They use the adaptive triggers all the time.
That's just feedback, not a type of input. Any dev that wanted to use it and remain cross-platform (which even first-party Sony games are at this point) would still have to map the same action to some other input, so it wouldn't add much flexibility.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah i think we've mostly settled on cross-platform standards for controllers and they don't work well with using analog inputs for face buttons

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yeah i think we've mostly settled on cross-platform standards for controllers and they don't work well with using analog inputs for face buttons

They had a brief chance when the original Xbox had them, but they ran into the same problem as Sony: Nobody gave a poo poo, so why spend the money on it?

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

Am I losing my mind or did MGS3 use the pressure-sensitive face buttons on the PS2 controller too

I cannot think of another game series that did this

It got used for an annoying puzzle in one dungeon in Star Ocean 3

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

So it exactly like their Terminator game then

I did not like the Terminator game but Robocop feels better to me.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

After binge watching the streams of the Jaboody Show dudes riffing on retro commercials, the only thing wrong with this is they aren't overacting NEARLY enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rArYMm4DHs

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Khanstant posted:

They were a menace. Most of my reloads in MGS3 were from accidentally killing someone I was trying to knock out.

Should’ve gotten gud

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I do remember accidentally slitting dudes' throats when all i wanted was to threaten them with a knife. Hard to imagine that happening in a non-video-game context

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The timeless “grab ammo / drink nasty water” dilemma

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

In deus ex mankind divided I accidentally set off the cops by throwing a smoke grenade at a restaurant and decided to play it out for a bit instead of immediately quickloading. When I went up to a cop to do the melee takedown, Jensen spun 90 degrees to the left and gutted a man who just happened to be around

It’s a wonder any of us can get out of bed and make it to work each day without kicking a door off its hinges somewhere along the way

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Another reason is that analog buttons cost marginally more than digital buttons, and also probably break more often

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Owl Inspector posted:

In deus ex mankind divided I accidentally set off the cops by throwing a smoke grenade at a restaurant and decided to play it out for a bit instead of immediately quickloading. When I went up to a cop to do the melee takedown, Jensen spun 90 degrees to the left and gutted a man who just happened to be around

It’s a wonder any of us can get out of bed and make it to work each day without kicking a door off its hinges somewhere along the way

the real reason why I open palm slam a VHS into the slot every morning

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BlizzCon is this weekend.
Likely seeing the new WoW expansion, and potentially their Survival MMO being announced among other thing - so it's probably going to be a huge year
Tickets are $300 USD, which is.. yeah, but it's fun to go.

Oh except they're not doing the big hall for the opening ceremony like they usually do.
And make no mistake, that opening ceremony is one of the big draw cards for this thing.
Instead they're doing it on a much smaller side arena
With limited seating.
Which they are raffling seats for.

https://twitter.com/Blizzard_Ent/status/1719414360479555908

I did BlizzCon a while back and it was a great time (Especially Disneyland on my birthday)
But if I spent $300 USD on a ticket, airfares, a hotel room, and all the rest.
And then I couldn't get in to see the main stage live?

I'd tell you to get absolutely all the way fuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Sega Dreamcast posted:

Likely seeing the new WoW expansion, and potentially their Survival MMO being announced among other thing - so it's probably going to be a huge year

Oh except they're not doing the big hall for the opening ceremony like they usually do.
And make no mistake, that opening ceremony is one of the big draw cards for this thing.
With limited seating.

I did BlizzCon a while back and it was a great time (Especially Disneyland on my birthday)

Why me? I didn't even do anything!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Blizzard is making a survival mmo?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol Blizzard

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

https://blizzardwatch.com/2023/01/16/blizzard-survival-game/

I don't think we know if it's an MMO or just a multiplayer survival game like Minecraft/various clones or what, exactly. MMO wouldn't surprise me, of course. As a pitch, "MMO Minecraft except with the art and polish of a newly-freed Blizzard (coming free to Game Pass)" or however they spin it sounds pretty drat compelling to a lot of folks.

mutata fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 31, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I hope this is the last

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Blizzard is making a survival mmo?

Yeah it's been in the works a while. Odyssey is the codename
https://twitter.com/Blizzard_Ent/status/1486038723468795906

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Sega Dreamcast posted:

How can they call it unannounced in a tweet that’s announcing it?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Sega Dreamcast posted:

person seems a little over equipped to be hunting that mirror

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gripweed posted:

How can they call it unannounced in a tweet that’s announcing it?

It's the follow-up to Untitled Goose Game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

lol Blizzard

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Unannounced Survival Game is referring to the company's ongoing battle with the California Civil Rights Department

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sega Dreamcast posted:

PissQuest 7

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Sega Dreamcast posted:

With limited seating.

yiiiiiiiikes

that's so fuckin stupid lmao. the opening ceremony is the only reason to give a poo poo about these things. same for FF14 fanfest

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

but I'm not done with pissquest 6 yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

fanfest also has the primals concert