Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Postman posted:

trying to justify my game pass sub that I always renew and never touch. completed solar ash today and it was alright. I definitely like hyper light drifter more, but this was still a decent little game to blast through

I've been playing this and I think I'd like it a lot more if I didn't have to hunt around a hard to navigate enviroment trying to find the entrance to the actual stages.

Anyway Spiderman 2 is this month and I think it's the first game I've preordered in years because I loved the first game and Miles Morales so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

quote:

These latest layoffs follow job losses at Team17 earlier in the year within the company's internal development teams. At the time, staff were told further layoffs would not occur.

As always, management is lying to you. Also apparently all in QA because they're outsourcing that which immediately got me to look up whether the QA department unionised. They hadn't as far as I could find.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Soon it'll be AI QA

This was literally on those leaked Microsoft presentation slides around their goals for the next Xbox.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Innocuous Owl posted:

For the near future I'm still wrapping up NG++ on Armored Core 6. This was my first AC game and now I'm definitely curious to go back and try the older ones. Are they all generally good or should I skip over some?

The AC thread has a graphic in the OP about what the easiest ACs to get into are. Bear in mind though that older ACs will require learning the old control scheme and therefore the claw.

Generally AC3 is considered the easiest one to have as an entry point.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Infinitum posted:

This feels.. ambitious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0eo-0yi6_k

Watch the stream. Decide things on stream. Influence the outcome.

New eps everyday :thunk:

Will take 6 months to finish :thunk:

I feel like every year there's another one of these choose your own adventure video things that everyone coos about for a week before forgetting it exists. Expecting people to still be following this after 1 month let alone 6 is incredibly optimistic.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Volte posted:

I'd much rather Call of Duty be a ridiculous Fortnite-style pop culture mishmash than an earnest military propaganda vehicle

What if it could be both!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

hatty posted:

The slims model always came with a price drop. The PS3 and the PS4 both dropped $100 don’t remember what the PS1 and PS2 dropped to. Sony is just being weird

The PS4 only kinda dropped in price since they announced it at the same time as the PS4 Pro which went in at the original price so if you were going to buy a PS4 at that point you'd only get the regular PS4 if you were A Poor.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Vermain posted:

also thank you and god bless, i'd completely lost track of the thread since it hopped over to retro games and i simply assumed it'd stopped being active. think i might enjoy a piping hot arino tonight to celebrate

You mean the most recent Sakurai video with Arino right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QH1cQWmXlY

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Future Video GamesUK posted:

So I'm a million years late but my goodness, Opus Magnum is nice, isn't it?

I love that you get a little gif of your machine. Look at my first ever solution, it's mediocre :3:

When you get to the harder levels you can get some real good looking stuff.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Future Video GamesUK posted:

The most diabolical thing is it telling you how all your friends did.

The best thing I was ever told about Zacktronics games was you get to decide what matters most about your solution, so in Opus Magnum I completely ignored efficiency in favour of mechanisms that looked cool.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That EA WRC game is out* and its basically Dirt Rally 3 and it rules.

*if you preordered else it's out Friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

hosed up if true.