Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

for a second I thought they only had a single copy in like a glass case or something, and they just didn't see it staying un-burglared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

DalaranJ posted:

Watching the Star trek Stellaris trailer and this is some serious Gorn Confederation erasure.

This post has me hankering to try to fire up Starfleet Command 2 and start a new Lyran Campaign.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kanfy posted:

A variety of translators have worked on them and a great many episodes have been translated over the years since, new releases have continued to have been regularly posted in the GCCX thread (the OP is extremely outdated though).

The show itself is currently celebrating its 20 year anniversary and is on its 27th season.

also thank you and god bless, i'd completely lost track of the thread since it hopped over to retro games and i simply assumed it'd stopped being active. think i might enjoy a piping hot arino tonight to celebrate

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDALRkl2FAM

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

what the hell why this so good

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCk3LgMKc2g&hd=1

Waffleman_ posted:

Sentence mixing >>>>>> AI voices
eh they can be pretty decent. The tf2 ones in particular are getting better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1U3wbCthlI&hd=1

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Khanstant posted:

what the hell why this so good

obscure games are a treasure trove of musical gems

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Captain Invictus posted:

eh they can be pretty decent. The tf2 ones in particular are getting better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1U3wbCthlI&hd=1

Yeah, you've got a point there

Sentence mixing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AI voices

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The museum should just scalp the cards on ebay directly, then.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Being a Xenoblade fans means I'm a fan of Sentence Mixing as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPfqyL_-TU8

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

people weren't joking about the Code Vein character creator being elaborate

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't see a lords of the fallen thread yet, but i've beaten the first boss so i decided to try some jolly cooperation and help others who are summoning, cause i find that a fun activity in souls games, but i'm not getting any hits :(

i don't know how it works but from what i have read i feel like it should be okay for me to do this (no weird level-range rules that i've found) so i don't know what's preventing it from happening.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rinkles posted:

obscure games are a treasure trove of musical gems

I'm not a composer but I can imagine it would be pretty fun to get some fairly unexciting task, like some shovelware gig filler tunes and just going hard, unloading a diamond better than the whole shell around it.

You know how you can get appointed a lawyer if you cant get your own? Maybe we should do that with artists too, occasionally get drafted to do some public duty art for some project that couldn't afford their own.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rinkles posted:

people weren't joking about the Code Vein character creator being elaborate

it's got a truly wild number of options, which is a shame for such an obscure title that never really had much of an online presence

seems like we're in a bit of a soulsclone renaissance with lies of P and lords of the fallen, and there were rumors of a code vein 2 in one of those leaks earlier in the year, so maybe it might get its due yet

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYU4q594LJ0

Microsoft popping the champagne. Next console generation should be interesting. Could we see something as strong as the PS3/Wii/360 generation?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Khanstant posted:

I'm not a composer but I can imagine it would be pretty fun to get some fairly unexciting task, like some shovelware gig filler tunes and just going hard, unloading a diamond better than the whole shell around it.

Tim

It was only Pictionary, Tim

E: Or Solstice, where he's a little cheeky for the first 9 seconds with a typical little rinky dink tune and then just BLASTS the soundchip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_gObHt1uZA

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 14, 2023

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vermain posted:

also thank you and god bless, i'd completely lost track of the thread since it hopped over to retro games and i simply assumed it'd stopped being active. think i might enjoy a piping hot arino tonight to celebrate

You mean the most recent Sakurai video with Arino right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QH1cQWmXlY

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

You mean the most recent Sakurai video with Arino right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QH1cQWmXlY

that's on the docket for later, although i caught the opening and it's still extremely funny how oblique they have to be about the whole thing. people all over the world do love it, though we leave it to you, the viewer, to figure out how they do

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Khanstant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGIKnn-COS4

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Alright since we’re talking about old musical gems

If you have 45 minutes to spare this Friday night let me take you on a musical journey

MUSHA was an amazing shooter on Genesis that almost nobody heard about and they had one of the most head banging metal soundtracks ever

They took advantage of the fact that shooters are on rails to make sure the tempo of battle would match the music. Levels would ebb and flow to the music. Minibosses would make grand entrances at cool parts of songs. And to keep things from getting monotonous they would have a fast song for the level and switch to a slow song for the boss, and if they had slow music for the level they’d have fast boss music. The entire game feels like a proper album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDoac4j2E2g

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Lol don't even need to click to start hearing it. This one I know because I went through a shameful OC remix phase in high school and the only one my best friend tolerated was one of this RoboCop song and it was barely remixed at all. Ironically he now has the only backup of my OC remix mp3 hoard.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
My idea for gamer keyboard/mouse/case lights is a flickering candle when you're in a dungeon or dark old timey room or whatever

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh there's "Daddy Mulk"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnc8JG-8cm8
(God the solo here goes extremely hard lmao)

And for a top-down arcade shooter... this is a wild one. This isn't the menu theme or anything, this plays during a mission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OBjRp0AaXw

Edit: here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KowcMlUFaDg&t=1114s

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Oct 14, 2023

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Video Games Thx posted:

The worse part of sekiro for me (a game i love btw) is the rival fight at the top of the castle midway through the game, his final phase introduces the lightning mechanic, I think you might get a tutorial popup about it earlier in the stage but no chance to see it in action or practice it.

This moment is my only real godlike moment in gaming. The very first time I ever reached it, after an hour or two on the first two phases, I proceeded to then do everything right. Did two lightning reversals, did not use any healing and did not get hit. It remains one of my all time moments in gaming :)

Champions Road, once I win, will be that. I spent 3 hours on it last night. Managed to consistently get to the speed boost fire bar area. It is probably the most difficult level I have ever played in a video game.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Playing Sekiro again with the full knowledge of how it all worked and just repeatedly clowning on Genichiro at every encounter was a true joy.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
One of the most satisfying gaming feelings is trivializing phase 1 of a multi stage fight

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bloodborne and Sekiro being my first and second Soulsborne games respectively was an absolute delight.

The first time you manage to catch lightning and redirect it back is just a :stare: moment

One day I'll play Dark Souls 1-3 :v:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

nachos posted:

One of the most satisfying gaming feelings is trivializing phase 1 of a multi stage fight

I think the hypest instance of this is still Corrupted Monk Round 2 in Sekiro, just destroying her posture bar on some attempts. Of course, it also does the aforementioned sucky guess what Phase 2 was just more of the same but phase 3 is all new thing but still alright overall.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

nachos posted:

imo an even better feeling is clowning a boss so hard that you SKIP a phase

I have absolutely done this before but hosed if I can remember which games they were

I'm almost positive one of them was skyrim, where I killed...Alduin? I think? before he could properly transition to a different part of the fight and he instead landed next to me and was very friendly and chill. and softlocked

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You usually kill Sundowner in MGR before his second phase starts properly

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that's less because of player skill and more because the game poorly explaining it and it also not working properly for a lot of people who just murder him without ever properly interacting with his main gimmick

that specific part is probably the weakest thing in mgr's main playthrough

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There's a boss in Elden Ring that's actually two bosses with a shared health bar but also individual health bars. If you kill either of them, a short time later the other one casts a spell to resurrect it

It's possible to make both of them dead at once, but if you do this before draining the shared health bar one of them spontaneously respawns, which made me real mad the first time it happened. I killed you both fair and square, who cast resurrect :mad:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I did like that the easiest way to beat Gideon is on the first try where you just run right up and wail on him while he's doing his big dramatic villain monologue.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I did like that the easiest way to beat Gideon is on the first try where you just run right up and wail on him while he's doing his big dramatic villain monologue.

Same with Iudex Gundyr in DS3. On your first attempt, if you know what's coming, you can start swinging as soon as you've pulled the coiled sword out and take a big chunk off his health bar. Every try after that he'll be ready for you.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

So I'm a million years late but my goodness, Opus Magnum is nice, isn't it?

I love that you get a little gif of your machine. Look at my first ever solution, it's mediocre :3:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Future Video GamesUK posted:

I love that you get a little gif of your machine. Look at my first ever solution, it's mediocre :3:

When you get to the harder levels you can get some real good looking stuff.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

nachos posted:

The last boss of Sekiro was great for that. It was a slog but when it started to click you could do the first two or three phases on autopilot without breaking a sweat.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

njsykora posted:

When you get to the harder levels you can get some real good looking stuff.

The most diabolical thing is it telling you how all your friends did.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Opus Magnum is a comfort game I keep returning to year after year precisely because it hits that sweet spot of elegance and complexity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The most diabolical thing is it telling you how all your friends did.

The best thing I was ever told about Zacktronics games was you get to decide what matters most about your solution, so in Opus Magnum I completely ignored efficiency in favour of mechanisms that looked cool.