Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I'm gonna play the Star Trek 4X when it comes out.

Also I've never played a Metal Gear Solid game in my life, so if that collection turns out good, I might get that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

RBA Starblade posted:

I went to an arcade that had Ikaruga cabinets in Prototype mode, which I didn't know was a thing

It just means that you have finite ammo that you refill on enemy bullet absorption

It's pretty loving hard lol

I sucked at regular Ikaruga, but this sounds cool

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Yeah, I think they changed that during the pandemic, and they stopped offering the Polish dog, the better one.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Costcober chat thread

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Strawberry Panda posted:

The CostCo closest to my house has the food window outside so anyone can buy it.

The one I live by, which is CostCo store #420 according to the receipts, has the food court outside, but they still want to scan your card when you order.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I never played Stellaris but I got the Star Trek reskin of it. So far I've spent about 2 hours reading tooltips; it's great.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Rinkles posted:

I have a few misgivings about the 8bitdo Ultimate controller, but I love the dock. Great that it’s bundled because I’m the sort of person (financially deficient) that wouldn’t have even considered it if it cost extra.

I love mine. The only thing I can think of that really bugs me is the D-pad sometimes doing things like sending Up when I push Right. It happens often enough to be a thing, but not often enough to stop me from using it.

I play PC way more than switch, so I also don't like that the buttons have the switch layout.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Rinkles posted:

I don't like the feeling of the dpad. And the resistance in the triggers is a bit too strong, imo. I also prefer the position of DualShock bumpers but that's probably a question of personal preference.

I'm really bummed that I can't bind a screenshot button (on pc), but I probably can't blame 8bitdo too much for that. Their own software is miles better than anything I've seen from any competing product. Since it's quite a popular controller I wish Valve gave it full Steam Input support, the way console controllers get. As is, you can't map the back or star buttons (except for what they're set up as in the Ultimate software, but that's limited to replicating the other buttons, or macros with them).

Oh yeah, it is annoying that a lot of games just don't recognize the back buttons. I figured one could make them work using steam input, but was always just too lazy or distracted to bother. That sucks that you can't.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Hey, don't forget Redfall came out this year, too.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Yakuza 15: Organized Crime Tycoon is something I'd play

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Guy who has played 0 video games: --- Probably getting laid or winning at sports or something. I don't know what freaks do.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Peanut Butter cups are pro tier, candy corn is fine, but more importantly, people with very strong opinions on what other people enjoy eating are super weird.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Oh yeah, one time I made homemade peanut butter cups and I put weed in the chocolate. Those were delicious.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
A dog petting game where the controller is a real dog

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Fine, I'll play Control. If I like that enough, I'll play Alan Wake 1. If I like that enough, I'll watch a let's play of AW 2.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I've decided to be one of those "ain't gonna use windows and you can't make me" people. When EGS is as easy to install and use on Linux as steam is, well I probably still won't use it. I had a bunch of games on GOG that I never played because I forgot they existed.

I know I can set up lutris to show me games from all the different launchers, and one day I might be compelled to do that, but so far no EGS exclusives have been must plays for me.

In general, I think competition is good, and having alternatives to steam (or Amazon) is important for consumers, but eh, I just don't like EGS.

skeletronics fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Oct 26, 2023

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
That's a lod of unnecessary polygons in that mouth

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Wasn't there some other game people were talking about here a couple months or so ago that performed like crap until the devs realized "Hey, each bat doesn't need to be modeled like a drat pixar character"?

I don't remember what it was, but it was definitely a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Waffleman_ posted:

Interesting, are there any games that are like Rogue?

There are some that are lite it