Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Reoxygenation posted:

hello fellow ghosts how do you type your posts i throw objects at the ke e board and someimes make typos

I make weewoo noises and haunted an 9600 baud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Reoxygenation posted:

hello fellow ghosts how do you type your posts i throw objects at the ke e board and someimes make typos

I'm haunting something that has arm analogues so I can get by but man do I wish I still had fingers, and other things

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Numerical Anxiety posted:

Hi I am not a ghost, but I am very interested in the ghost culture. Since I was a child I have educated myself reading ghost stories, watching ghost movies and familiarizing myself with the finer points of ghosting. The ghost way of being is much more subtle and refined than the crass ways of the living, and I long for the day when I can scrape up enough money to move out and live in a haunted house.

Hey! This thread is NOT for booaboos!

Reoxygenation posted:

I usually just haunt the keyboard directly! It’s the most convenient way to type. Only problem is that sometimes the current resident of your haunting ground comes back and starts typing on it while you’re haunting it and your spectral consciousness interprets the physical vibrations and electrical signals coursing through you as a combination of indescribable pain and indescribable pleasure far beyond anything a mortal body could experience that drives you ever closer to the brink of losing your mind to the endless torment of being a sentient being disconnected from the only form it ever knew. It still beats trying to throw stuff at the keyboard to type though. My aim sucks. XD

oh dear god no someone’s coming help

:chillpill:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Can I post here if I’m being ghosted?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
:rip:
https://x.com/dril/status/1709387396033482756?s=20

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Just look at my avatar. That's me.

乁⁠[⁠ ⁠◕⁠ ⁠ᴥ⁠ ⁠◕⁠ ⁠]⁠ㄏ

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Geemer posted:

Just look at my avatar. That's me.

Thanks for your service, Superman!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Tarquinn posted:

Thanks for your service, Superman!

o7

👻7

乁⁠[⁠ ⁠◕⁠ ⁠ᴥ⁠ ⁠◕⁠ ⁠]⁠ㄏ

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

I feel like im obligated to post here due to my username

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

how do I know if I'm a ghost?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jato posted:

1) how many walls have you walked through today?

2) how many times have you said boo to scary people

3) did you die and stay in the earthly realm to haunt people and be spooky?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Jato posted:

There's actually a ward that prevents non ghosts from posting itt. Those who claim not to be one are just in denial

乁⁠[⁠ ⁠◕⁠ ⁠ᴥ⁠ ⁠◕⁠ ⁠]⁠ㄏ

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Geemer posted:

There's actually a ward that prevents non ghosts from posting itt. Those who claim not to be one are just in denial

It's the old model that checks for sentience and a lack of a pulse. I'm a skeleton and it let me right in.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Tarquinn posted:

Can I post here if I’m being ghosted?

it depends. can y o u defne the symptom s

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

StealthArcher posted:

It's the old model that checks for sentience and a lack of a pulse. I'm a skeleton and it let me right in.

Oh that make sense. I was wondering why that talking potato could post here. I just assumed it was a haunted potato. but nah just a sentient one that wishes it was a ghost I guess. :shrug:

Can't say I blame it. being a ghost is super rad.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Reoxygenation posted:

it depends. can y o u defne the symptom s

I think you broke it.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Tarquinn posted:

I think you broke it.

no i just have bad aim ,

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
True story:

I once dreamed that I was a spooky ghost like a sheet and my job was to be scary but it wasn't working and I forced out a booOooOooooo

But irl I actually made this howling BooOooOooooo from a dead sleep and scared the poo poo out of my ex

We're still friends and laugh about it every spooky season

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I died from smallpox and cholera in 1767.

‘Sup, homies?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

maybealabia posted:

True story:

I once dreamed that I was a spooky ghost like a sheet and my job was to be scary but it wasn't working and I forced out a booOooOooooo

But irl I actually made this howling BooOooOooooo from a dead sleep and scared the poo poo out of my ex

We're still friends and laugh about it every spooky season

I had one ex who I would apparently wake up in the middle of the night, look over at her, scream, and then go right back to sleep.

It’s only ever been the one ex to report that so I think it was her

UnassignedCarbon
Sep 28, 2018

You Are A Elf posted:

I died from smallpox and cholera in 1767 2023.

‘Sup, homies?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I think I'm a ghost. Nobody ever acknowledges my presence except for this one kid and also every cat.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
2023 and ghosts are freely posting on this forum in the open...what happened to our great site

I remember the good old days of the 2000's where goons would raid phantom websites on the reg and entire threads would be devoted to baiting goons into admitting they were spooky spirits (afterwhich they would be immediately busted for polter-posting)

nowadays it seems like I'm the only person on this forum who cares about bustin' ghosts - how far we have fallen

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
any of you specters try to get me probated for anti-ghost rhetoric I'll find your house and put a circle of salt around your internet modem

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I think I'm a ghost. Nobody ever acknowledges my presence except for this one kid and also every cat.

Are you sure you're not a ball of twine?

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

ChickenHeart posted:

any of you specters try to get me probated for anti-ghost rhetoric I'll find your house and put a circle of salt around your internet modem

Just step into the light, please!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
help guys this hippy chick burned a bunch of incense and stuff and put some rocks on the shelves and now I can't get back into my sweet bachelor haunt. What do I do?

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

haunt her till she d ies

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Why didn't I think of that im not a smart ghost no brain matter you know! :ghost:

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

Hello.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I might, but I'm honestly worried about corporeal bigotry.

Vertical stats GBS verified 6/30/2023 185.4cm

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Turns out that I am, in fact, a ghost now #sasuccessstory

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
im not a ghost yet, but i hope ill be someday

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

World Famous W posted:

im not a ghost yet, but i hope ill be someday

An aspiring expiring.

Vertical stats GBS verified 6/30/2023 185.4cm

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Grey Cat posted:

An aspiring expiring.

Why decompose, when you can pre-compose better reincarnations from beyond~! :ghost:

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
[Tell] Me your best tips for getting solid objects to move

I nudged a refrigerator magnet the other day but now I've got a mental block or something and it's not happening.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Fat Albert in a can posted:

[Tell] Me your best tips for getting solid objects to move

I nudged a refrigerator magnet the other day but now I've got a mental block or something and it's not happening.

A lot of ghosts take the easy way out and possess a cat to knock things down. Dog tails are also in vogue.

乁⁠[⁠ ⁠◕⁠ ⁠ᴥ⁠ ⁠◕⁠ ⁠]⁠ㄏ

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Haunted dog tails are the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Possessing animals seems way over my head. Maybe I should go into a different house and practice nudging their magnets?

Everyone, go post in this thread so we can put a blurry face with your username! - [56k no] The spooky selfie thread: show us your least transparent manifestations!

E: this is me, please be kind or I will get your IP and haunt your modem.

Thora fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 9, 2023