Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Managers should have to make 100 PA and 10 IP a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Nah, it’s not that, Nick just didn’t know.

Sorry for your loss Kevlar.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
My Japan McDonalds experience was being 16 years old and drunk in Tokyo and getting a Shaka Shaka chicken. It was a giant McNugget or maybe just a chicken patty that came in a bag and you got a flavour pack to pour in and shake it around. It was amazing, but then again, 16 and drunk

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
How did Varsho not win a gold glove with the highest DRS in the league? Is it because he split time between left and center?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

it's because he was the second best center fielder on his team

Yeah, he mostly played left, which I thought he might win

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I’m struggling to find a clip that isn’t on instagram, but in that new “baseball united” Middle East league, my former teammate collided with Sir Didi Gregorius in the outfield (they were fine). That was a weird thing to see today.

What’s the deal with that league anyway? When I first heard of it I assumed it’s shady as hell but I actually don’t know anything about it

E: here’s a clip

https://x.com/JomboyMedia/status/1728461145265111460?s=20

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I’ve never done it myself but you can make your own jerseys from the mlb website. I don’t think they’d care if you made a maddux number 31 braves jersey or whatever.

E: I guess the uniforms are different now, didn’t think of that

E2: I also found this if it helps

https://www.mlbshop.com/atlanta-bra...RID:i-r0c0:po-0

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
https://x.com/RichardStaff/status/1730042223478071338?s=20

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Keep hearing the Jays mentioned in the same breath as the Dodgers for Ohtani and I just don’t get it. I would be absolutely thrilled of course but i just don’t see it happening

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Well, there is a Canadian team….

Does Rogers donate to alt right poo poo? I honestly don’t know

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Uhhhh holy poo poo boys is this really happening???

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Wtf is happening

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I was so excited and now I’m so sad

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
So my roommate works in radio and about once a week he has a shift where he goes up in the helicopter. I was in the middle of reading all the rumours shortly after Morosi said Ohtani was heading to Toronto, and I get a text from my roommate saying “dude tsn and Sportsnet just called us and asked us to go up in the chopper to film the arrival of Ohtani’s jet at Pearson”

At that point I started to believe. Turns out it was the fuckin dragons den guy!

Anyway, tsn and Sportsnet paid a bunch of money for my roommate to go up in the helicopter and acquire entirely useless footage. lol!

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Enjoy this poo poo take from my co worker!!

“I guess. He's an extremely dull human who can hit a bit and used to be able to pitch a bit. Massive overpay for a 5 win player.”

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Was thinking about if the Jays might go after Bellinger now. Thinking of Bellinger made me think of weed, which made me think: now that the minor leagues are part of the union, are minor leaguers allowed to smoke weed bow?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Any NPB experts here? Is Yamamoto considered a better pitcher than Sasaki?

From what I can tell Yamamoto has a better track record, more polished, higher floor. Sasaki has more injury problems, sometimes control issues, but filthy raw stuff so a higher ceiling. Does that sound right? Who would you rather have on your team?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Yamamoto is safer, he's done it in NPB for 7 seasons; he's in his prime, he's never really had a super meaningful injury and he's going to get loving PAID.

Sasaki has every bit as much potential as yamamoto and honestly might even end up better, he threw a perfect game at 20, he hits 100 MPH on the fastball at levels basically only seen by deGrom, he's much closer to the prototypical pitcher size and he's so young he doesn't actually qualify for the big free agent contracts, the most he can sign for is like 5 million as a rookie prospect. However, his team would only get like 950k so even if he wants to get posted he might not, and he was injured for like, 2-3 months this season, even if it was a non-throwing arm injury

Yamamoto is going to get enough that the bottom third-half or so of teams might not even make an offer, but Sasaki (if posted) is the kind of guy every single team in MLB makes an offer and does whatever it takes to sign him, because he's potentially an ace for the next decade that costs you less than 6 million dollars total right now.

Awesome. Thanks! Any idea when Sasaki gets posted? It’s not 9 years service time or whatever it was back in the day anymore, right?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I believe when a deal has no deferred money the tax is calculated based on AAV. So a 10 year 100 million deal would be 10 million a year regardless of how it’s structured.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Also if it was filmed that long ago, presumably for his initial recruitment… did he not meet with the dodgers? If so, did they not show him the video? Did they just show it to him again 6 years later and hope he forgot?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Happy Rickey Henderson day to all who celebrate

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Which lovely pitcher winning the cy young was stupider? robbie ray or rick porcello?

I mean, Robbie led the AL in era, starts, innings pitched, and led the majors in strikeouts that year. Seemed pretty deserving.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Were there historical inaccuracies in Moneyball?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Jose Bautista bought a soccer team that I’ve never heard of

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/former-blue-jays-star-jose-bautista-buys-stake-in-las-vegas-soccer-club/

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I watched A Few Good Men last night and in the famous court scene with Jack Nicholson all I can see is John Gibbons.

Well, thats all, seeya!

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Jays paid almost half that for IKF. Shoulda just signed Rhys

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
“MLB claims that minor leaguers are different from other workers because much of their time exercising, training, and watching videos isn’t tracked on an hourly basis.”

Okay, so track it. Or is there a reason that mlb wouldn’t want to do that 🤔

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Police are gonna visit this guy again

https://globalnews.ca/news/2576949/blue-jays-fan-threatens-ted-rogers-statue-gets-visit-from-the-police/amp/

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Maybe it was made by someone who’s still really mad about the Dodgers moving to LA

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
As a Toronto fan I have a soft spot for LA cuz I love
me some Vin Scully.

Not too sure what to think of this signing. Is he gonna be our full time DH or play some third? I was hoping for Soler for the DH spot

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
This off-season in regards to trades and signings is extra slow right? It’s not just me?

Is this the latest in the off-season a previous years Cy young winner has gone unsigned?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
https://x.com/BlueJays/status/1757494899773960655?s=20

Uh, ok I guess. 25 year old utility guy. Feels weird to not get at least something for him. Has a .600 average and 1236 ops in mlb! (10 at bats)

Wasn’t that long ago he was on the top prospect lists for the Jays. Just seems weird to move him for cash before ever really giving him a shot at the big league level. I can’t imagine he’d be worse than Biggio over a full season

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Am I the only one who can’t see Lou Trivino’s name without their brain changing it to Lee Carvallo’s (putting challenge)

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Alek Manoah has allegedly lost 30 pounds. Maybe this will fix him, or maybe it will break him in a different way

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Jays signed Eduardo Escobar. Yet another mediocre infielder to add to the collection with IKF Espinal and Biggio. Not sure what the point of this signing is

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

???????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
https://x.com/IcyVert/status/1760783331266834651?s=20