Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Go, in the following order:
  1. Phillies
  2. Twins
  3. Orioles
  4. Blue Jays
  5. Diamondbacks
  6. Rays
  7. Rangers
  8. Dodgers
  9. Braves
  10. Marlins
  11. Astros
  12. Brewers

You're weird.

Royals fans have to stretch to find a reason to root for/against teams this time of year:

1. Brewers - I guess? They're the least hatable team in the field
  2. Rays - when they win it makes Yankee fans mad and that's funny
  3. Phillies - hard to root against a team of all DHs
  4. Twins - AL Central loyalty cancelled out by gently caress Correa Forever
  5. Orioles - Still a few hard feelings after they talked poo poo against the Royals during the playoffs (but then we swept them so that was funny)
  6. Diamondbacks - meh
  7. Braves - Yay Nicky Lopez barely outweighs my general gently caress the Barves attitude
  8. Blue Jays - gently caress Whit Merrifield. Also they used to brawl with KC every year back in the mid 80s
  9. Rangers - gently caress Texas
  10. Dodgers - gently caress the Dodgers
  11. Marlins - WTF go away no one wants you here
  12. Astros - obviously

Exodor fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

bawfuls posted:

The Royals made the World Series in consecutive years but otherwise haven't been to the post season for 30 years and spent most of that time well below .500

Not sure if that qualifies for the "sudden success" category but it seems close to me

That team was the result of years of drafting, a few good trades and getting incredibly lucky that every reliever they signed had career years at the same time. The success wasn't that sudden (over .500 in 2013 and a great minor league system in 2011-2012). The surprise is how quickly it all went to poo poo.

Ventura not being able to drive in the DR didn't help. :sigh:

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Sydin posted:

Ah I was wondering why I suddenly started twitching in the middle of my last meeting.

The Royals front office made a ton of mistakes after 2015 but resisting the urge to shovel money at Hosmer after 2017 is one of their few good decisions.

Thanks for 2015 Eric now gently caress off forever.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Love to see the Astros lose.

Same

That rare moment when Royals and Yankees fans unite in their shared hatred of another team.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Red posted:

Piniella and Hargrove are two of the most "Those guys played baseball? Professionally?" guys ever.

Then again, looking at Kevin Seitzer

Seitzer was so good his first few years with the Royals. I was convinced he was another George Brett. He wasn't but 28 bWAR is not bad.

And Pinella won a probably-not-deserved ROY for the first year Royals team before getting traded for a 38 year old Lindy McDaniel for reasons that probably made sense at the time.

Maybe you just hate young Royals players. :colbert:

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Tatsuta Age posted:

If your team is in the world series and it won't put you in the poor house please find a way to go. Like others have said it might not happen again anytime soon and you'll be so mad if you miss the chance overthinking it!

I spent ~$725 for an upper deck ticket at Kauffman to Game 2 of the World Series in 2015 and it was worth every penny.

It helps that the Royals like to take 30 year breaks between competitive windows. Gives me plenty of time to save up.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Sydin posted:

Still wild to me that Bumgarner was like a consistent top 10 pitcher in MLB and then derailed his own career because he figured it would be a smart idea to go dirt biking in-between starts and crashed directly onto his pitching shoulder.

His career implosion is payment for the deal he made with the devil that made him unhittable in the 2014 World Series. :argh:

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Exodor posted:

1. Brewers - I guess? They're the least hatable team in the field
  2. Rays - when they win it makes Yankee fans mad and that's funny
  3. Phillies - hard to root against a team of all DHs
  4. Twins - AL Central loyalty cancelled out by gently caress Correa Forever
  5. Orioles - Still a few hard feelings after they talked poo poo against the Royals during the playoffs (but then we swept them so that was funny)
  6. Diamondbacks - meh
  7. Braves - Yay Nicky Lopez barely outweighs my general gently caress the Barves attitude
  8. Blue Jays - gently caress Whit Merrifield. Also they used to brawl with KC every year back in the mid 80s
  9. Rangers - gently caress Texas
  10. Dodgers - gently caress the Dodgers
  11. Marlins - WTF go away no one wants you here
  12. Astros - obviously

I guess I'm pulling for the Diamondbacks? I'll take meh over loving texas any day

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Nodoze posted:

Hopefully the Astros return to their rightful place in the world, the basement of the league

Maybe when they expand to 32 teams they can kick them back to the NL so I can go back to ignoring them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Yeah the Rangers really need to step up their can game if they wanna be the Texas heel

I have enough room in my heart to hate two Texas teams