Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The evil science thing is clearly going to murder us all, but the guy who created it really doesn't want to go, guess we should just listen to him and not leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012
Anybody else know why the teacher is giving a lecture about nightmares, the power of myth, and ancient Sumerian burial rites? Isn't this typing class? Oh, well, time to rest my eyes for a minute.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
What I don't get is why all the professors at this uni have the same cryptic tattoo on the back of their neck.

Like is it the logo of a local band or something???

Umm... why is that sleeping kid bleeding, and screaming. ...er should we like get a nurse?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Pfft, you losers go to class? I'm at university to join a frat and party all the time, and I've got my heart set on Delta Iota Epsilon. I hear the hazing is rough but the rumored fatality rate is probably just a lie to scare off pussies.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

dr_rat posted:

Which yeah for the character made sense, but I mean he was already a slow slumbering brute of a killer, and when he was on all those opiates, like I'd say maybe a bit to slow. Like the lead, she would be stumbling over like sixteen, seventeen times in not all that great a distance.

Credit where credit's due. Will Baker gave a hell of performance, like you really got this was a monstrous unstopable killing thing, that also was in the grips of a massive morphine addiction, but I'm really not sure if it worked for the film as a whole, with all the partying and slapstick humor and upbeat Miami vibes.

Baker's good but Tucker Anthony Mastrantonio will always be the one true Mason to me. Shame about the accident!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Baker's good but Tucker Anthony Mastrantonio will always be the one true Mason to me. Shame about the accident!

Well yeah, the guys a horror movie legend for a reason. Physically just a huge guy, but he was always great at adding those subtle things in performance in there. I mean that scene with the eyeball in two where he's just gorged Tods eyes out, and that brief second where he's just holding the eyes, and you can tell he thinking like where should I put theses?

But yeah after the accident, I mean what you gonna do. Backer was a great replacement. Obviously not one can really replace Tucker, but they went with the best option. It is sort of funny in a lot of shots you can really tell he's at least a foot shorter.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Hey, let's go skinny dipping in the high school pool at midnight and maybe fool around while there is a murder convict escaped from the nearby insane asylum. It'll be fun!

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
I did it. I possessed this dumbass teen and now, once we get back to town, I will be able to continue my demonic rampage. It took a lot of trickery and deception, red herrings, and even convincing them to turn on their own as they tried to figure out who was possessed and who wasn’t. I even made them think they had won, when I possessed the nerd girl and let them seem to successfully exorcise me. I got away with it. Nothing to do now but to sit in the back seat of this car as it speeds away into the sunset and, for some reason, give a creepy smile straight behind me while a loud musical sting plays

Tree Goat fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 17, 2023

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Oh hey, that whole crazy demonic possession thing exactly a year ago was crazy right? Betty you were related to the person who first found that ancient artifact right that seemed to be at the center of all that right? Ah huh, thought so. ...No I don't know what happen to that one person who was friends with all those people who died and than drove off to parts unknown, but I'm sure it is of no relevance to us what so ever, and we should probably just completely ignore them and never mention them again.

I mean yes I did hear they had movie star looks, and just oozed charisma, I'm sure that's not why they probably wont return anytime soon.

Yeah maybe they'll show up again in like twenty years, but until than we should probably just completely forget they exist.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 14, 2023

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I fought the law crazy guillotine killer, and the law crazy guillotine killer won.

I only had like one joint. :(

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I sure am enjoying my holiday here in the English countryside. What is that giant stone altar in the middle of this quaint little village? Site of an ancient pagan temple? Ah, yes I remember reading about that in the travel brochure. And you say everyone in the town is a direct blood decedent of the people who lived here 3000 years ago? How interesting!

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

pranking that old lady with the warts sure was fun!

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

Good work officers, we just arrested the guy who murdered 10 people with his bare hands. Now let's be sure to cuff him with his hands in front. He won't be able to hurt anyone ever again, especially none of the people transporting him to prison.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Buttchocks posted:

I sure am enjoying my holiday here in the English countryside. What is that giant stone altar in the middle of this quaint little village? Site of an ancient pagan temple? Ah, yes I remember reading about that in the travel brochure. And you say everyone in the town is a direct blood decedent of the people who lived here 3000 years ago? How interesting!

Huh, so there's a big archeology dig coming here from a prestigious university? And the locals are all riled up about it? And they're being led by a landowner with roots here stretching back into remotest antiquity? And there's an attractive female journalist just showed up who's researching a story on the whole thing? Cool! I'll stick around and see how it all pans out, should be interesting!

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
No I say we let that little thing get away, I’m 100% sure it won’t grow into something 10x bigger and eat our faces later.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I really must thank you for taking us in and providing such a lavish feast, Count Ashblood, but... aren't you going to eat anything? You haven't touched your food!

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Hmmm, someone just left this priceless question mark in the wood. All four us are rich now!

So if we just happened to take it none of you, my three closet friends, will be over come with greed and just start with the killing and what not right?

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

Its just a normal day in my geology class. This affable and quirky teacher is talking about all the bees dying, which does suck! They might be replaced with evil robot bees.

Talking about all the bees dying...

....the bees dying....

*grabs my classmate's industrial stapler"

"Once upon a time,
I was sitting in my little room
Trying to fall asleep

I hear a tapping at my window
Open up the curtains to see
The saddest face as can be"

--The opening verse to a song I wrote when I was 10 years old

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

I'm lost alone in a strange wilderness with no food or water. This sure does seem bad for me. Huh, a strangely attractive woman just appeared out of nowhere and is silently waving me over. Hey lady, why wont' you say anything? Might as well follow her; what's the worst that could happen?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Im an attractive 25-year-old woman who just transferred from my small town school to this huge rich high school. None of the boys like me, except Bartholomeus and two drama weirdos.

Barty asked me to the old quarry tonight and I’m going. gently caress my « friends » and that creepy old janitor too!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
before we can move on, us ghosts have to deal with the unfinished business that kept us tethered to this plane. i died when only a small and creepy child, and so i never got to get my fill of waveringly singing nursery rhymes, cryptically whispering, and staring at people through frosted windows, so i can only presume it’s not doing those things that is stopping me from ascending into the light of the great beyond. i guess another option would be to help the plucky teens living in my old house solve the mystery of my mysterious murder, but i’m gonna try the singing and whispering thing for a while first. hope it doesn’t give anybody the wrong idea!

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

I have a fun idea: we should all spend the night in the old rocking chair and lace curtain factory! I heard a rumor that after the factory shut down suddenly 20 years ago, all the inventory was left behind. Just wall to wall rocking chairs and lace curtains.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So you killed Jan and Jill because there step mom, had an affair with your aunt, which caused her to get divorced from her husband, which made them not take care of there business which your dad worked causing money problems which caused him to get devoiced, so you never see him. um okay, so why you kill tom, son of the manager of the hotel they had the affair at. um okay David, why did you kill him, son of the manager of the bowling alley they went to once. okay sure what ever, um I think that's everyone, oh yeah Mary, Daughter of the used car sales man who sold the car that your aunt drove to the hotel in you say? Are you being serous right now? What the gently caress. Noo, none of these people ruined your life. the gently caress, your dads always been dead beat, like you know he still lives in town right?

Fine what ever, okay one more question while your doing your exposition thing, why you kill them all with a fishing rod? The divorce lawyer was called Larrry Phisherman? Ah come on. LAME. It's not even pronounced fisherman.

God drat it.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
I'm a vampire's thrall ie Straker in Salem's Lot. But everyone thinks that we're a gay couple and I'm just super reserved/closeted because nobody has live-in butlers anymore. There's a big comedy of errors subplot about getting me to come out of my shell as I awkwardly navigate brunches, a lesbian wedding, being elected deputy marshal of the small town pride parade etc

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

dr_rat posted:

So you killed Jan and Jill because there step mom, had an affair with your aunt, which caused her to get divorced from her husband, which made them not take care of there business which your dad worked causing money problems which caused him to get devoiced, so you never see him. um okay, so why you kill tom, son of the manager of the hotel they had the affair at. um okay David, why did you kill him, son of the manager of the bowling alley they went to once. okay sure what ever, um I think that's everyone, oh yeah Mary, Daughter of the used car sales man who sold the car that your aunt drove to the hotel in you say? Are you being serous right now? What the gently caress. Noo, none of these people ruined your life. the gently caress, your dads always been dead beat, like you know he still lives in town right?

Fine what ever, okay one more question while your doing your exposition thing, why you kill them all with a fishing rod? The divorce lawyer was called Larrry Phisherman? Ah come on. LAME. It's not even pronounced fisherman.

God drat it.

Listen, pal, if you know of a cleaner and less convoluted metaphor for generational trauma, I'd like to hear it.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

*start of movie*

Me: *tries to go exploring in a big creepy abandoned mansion house*

Creepy voice inside house: "Ğ̸̡͔͚̠̪̺̙̲̏̒͆͗̉Ḙ̵̪́͗͆T̵̨̳͙̩̑̾͊́͒͑́͌̃͘ ̵̰͗̋͒̋̿͛̌͘̚͜͝Ô̴̧̧͚͓̜͚̣̺̹̙̦̟̣̾̀͂̎͌̄̄̚͠Ǘ̶͔Ť̷͇͇̪̳̇̔̀̊̓̈"

Me: "Ok fine, I'm leaving, bye bye"

*end of movie*

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

*start of sequel*

Random teens: "Let's go explore this big creepy abandoned mansion house!"

House: N̵̰͂́O̶̱͑ͅ ̴͈̰̊R̴͍̩͗Ĕ̷̦̪Ä̴̙̜L̸̥̊͝L̴̻̃̽Ÿ̶̙́̓,̷̺̤͐͘ ̸̜͎̂F̸̗̍Ṷ̸͌̋Ċ̶̝̭̆K̸̟̖̋ ̸̲͐Ȯ̶͚͗F̸̹͗F̶̨̼̾

Teens: "Duhhh let's check out the basement"

House: Ŏ̷̦̬̆K̴̨̲͘ ̸̧̖͋F̸̧͒̒Ĩ̵̱͠N̸̛̠͂Ë̸̞́,̸̬̟̌͆ ̷̡̰͂̕I̴̟̓̎T̴̡̈́͘ͅ'̷͈͉͋S̴͚̓ ̴͙̀M̷͈͓͋Ụ̵͒͝R̴͙̓D̵͕͋̀Ḙ̴̩͌R̷̯̍̊ ̸̝̈́͘T̶̯͛Ȋ̴̤͔̿M̸̻͠E̴͕̰͆̚ ̵͓̑̾N̴̟̩̈́O̸͎͔̒W̶͚͗̒

Teens: "OH GOD WHAT THE FU- :gibs: :gibs: :gibs:"

Me, miles and miles away, hearing about the murders on the news several days later: "Well that's something, I guess. :shrug:"

*end of sequel*

Deathslinger fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 17, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Deathslinger posted:

Me, miles and miles away, hearing about the murders on the news several days later: "Well that's something, I guess. :shrug:"

Congrats! You get a minor role in the third movie as the guy warning the next batch of kids not to go in the spooky house!

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

huh, funny. this horrifying doll i picked up from that thrift store always seems to look directly at you. my nephews are going to love her!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The owner of the antique shop was going to charge me $500 for this mirror! Well, i just swapped the price tag with something else and got the mirror for $50! What a steal, I can't wait to hang this in my bedroom. Yep, in that corner that gets shrouded in darkness for 12 hours a day, that looks perfect.

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

A Fancy Hat posted:

The owner of the antique shop was going to charge me $500 for this mirror! Well, i just swapped the price tag with something else and got the mirror for $50! What a steal, I can't wait to hang this in my bedroom. Yep, in that corner that gets shrouded in darkness for 12 hours a day, that looks perfect.

Hi there, I’m the handyman you hired to hang it for you. Oops, I dropped it! Strange, a shard of glass cut my hand but my blood just soaked right into it. Well it’s probably time for me to hit the road, sure hope I’m not followed by any creatures from the shadow dimension!

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

waitaminute, since when do we have another room here?

eh, i guess i was distracted.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I know I really shouldn't use that strange microwave that we all agreed seem to be evil, but it's late at night and I'm really stoned and i really want to warm up this slice of cold pizza.

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

dr_rat posted:

I know I really shouldn't use that strange microwave that we all agreed seem to be evil, but it's late at night and I'm really stoned and i really want to warm up this slice of cold pizza.

hey, go for it! it's going to take me a couple of minutes to light up all these candles around the ouija board anyway

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

dr_rat posted:

No don't!

Pizza is terrible reheated in the microwave. Use this toaster oven instead.

Yeah sorry forgot to mention it because we just bought it from the estate sale down the road yesterday. Some old rich lady who used to be married to a circus ringmaster I guess. Lots of bargains. Check out all these new steak knives I got!

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

I've never been on a cruise before, how exciting! Looks like our destination is Mystery Time Shifting Fog of Drifting Ghost Shipwrecks, right after a stop on Zombie Pirate Nazi Monk Island to pick up some passengers at Port of Haunted Musicbox Doll Children. Have you tried this buffet?? Too bad the only utensils on the entire ship are rusty chef's knives. Time for some topless sunbathing! Owie, how did this chef's knife get in my sternum? Hurry, go ask Captain Batshit to call for help on the murmuring premonition radio.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Hey guys, I just got back from making the state championship, I need two sexy ladies to come back with me to my private hot tub!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Why do none of these loving keys work in this loving house?

Why didn't I check them earlier in the day, when I found them? Before it got dark and some horrible eyeless lanky damp-skinned thing started lurching around looking for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

poo poo! The power just went out! Must be the breakers. Guess I’m gonna have to go into the basement and check ‘em out. Don’t worry, guys, I’ll be right back.

*opens basement door and starts walking down the stairs slowly with just the dim illumination of an old flashlight*

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Jerry! What the gently caress! Are you okay??

Yeah, there’s a big spider down here that scared me; that’s all.