Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I puilled into the drive and my tire (tyre to brit goons) was making a pssssssssssssssss noise. Sure enough it is now flat. I suppose this will run me good little number. I'm sure the freaks will want to replace all the tires instead of putting a plug in for a song. How much does a set of tires run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

MuadDib Atreides posted:

I puilled into the drive and my tire (tyre to brit goons) was making a pssssssssssssssss noise. Sure enough it is now flat. I suppose this will run me good little number. I'm sure the freaks will want to replace all the tires instead of putting a plug in for a song. How much does a set of tires run?

Free if you steal them

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

you dont actually need tires

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MuadDib Atreides posted:

it cost me $450 to buy four all weather tires last time

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

maybealabia posted:

Free if you steal them

Shan't get political but theres a big problem with crime lately and * is thankfully putting police funding into hyperdrive.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it cost me $450 to buy four all weather tires last time

Was that pre or post *****flation?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Real answer is it varies massively based on your type of vehicle, op

You driving a weird import? Sports car? Big truck? Golf cart?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Was that pre or post *****flation?

they will not install flat tires you moron

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Five letters *****

Penisflation?

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Just checked costco and the cheapest set of four is over 800. Shan't speculate upon whom'st to thank for this little number

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

If the leak is in the tread it can be patched by most tire shops for like $20. If it's in the sidewall, you're gonna need a new tire. You might be okay just replacing the one of your tires if they are fairly new. Otherwise you should definitely replace at least two.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Just checked costco and the cheapest set of four is over 800. Shan't speculate upon whom'st to thank for this little number

how big are your tires? that does actually matter

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how big are your tires? that does actually matter

17 inches apparently OP

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Our boy is BACK baby!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Infidel Castro posted:

If the leak is in the tread it can be patched by most tire shops for like $20. If it's in the sidewall, you're gonna need a new tire. You might be okay just replacing the one of your tires if they are fairly new. Otherwise you should definitely replace at least two.

they are asking about new tires. If one popped, the other are most likely on their way. Prolly should do all four

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

they are asking about new tires. If one popped, the other are most likely on their way. Prolly should do all four

lol nom epique drives his tires bald

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Is costco a bad place to get tires or something? It seems the local goodyear tire shop i can get away with like $500 to replace them all but costco tips the scales at 800 for the lowest.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I already had a different one patched and the absolute cads at walmart tried to get me to replace them all. The tread looks fine to me how to I estimate if its still good.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MuadDib Atreides posted:

17 inches apparently OP

quick look up is $68 per tire. not including the work. like I said about at best $400

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
If your penis head doesn't fit between the treads you need to replace it

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I forget if I have ever replaced the tires on this car that I've had for about 3 years. I've certainly patched one. Might have replaced two? can't specculate. the tread looks absolutely fine isn't there some test I can do with a quarter or some nonsense.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I'm being told that's penny head

Lincoln's head

I guess

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

quick look up is $68 per tire. not including the work. like I said about at best $400

and where might this be OP?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Try the automotive subforum op

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

thread has got me thinking

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Isn't there a trick where you put a penny or something against the tire and if the tread is too thin it doesn't go to Lincoln's head did I dream this someone please help

Edit Never mind someone already said this. I think

Dixville fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 2, 2023

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Got the ol' spicy valve stem

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

last time i needed a plug discount did it for free

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MuadDib Atreides posted:

and where might this be OP?

I have no idea where you live. Just giving you a price for the tires. You can buy them and bring them to autobody shop if you want. Here's the link to the cheap tires:https://www.prioritytire.com/fullwa...yBoCdBsQAvD_BwE

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
discount tire has only four kinds of tire in stock for my car the cheapest of which is 86 each for a "sentrury UHP" surely a brand I can take to the bank

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Post a pic of said fine tread

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MuadDib Atreides posted:

discount tire has only four kinds of tire in stock for my car the cheapest of which is 86 each for a "sentrury UHP" surely a brand I can take to the bank

then buy the ones I sent you a link for and tell the shop to put them on. If they aren't horrible they will put them on for you.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Shan't get political
immediately makes it political 5 replies into a post about tires and every single post afterward

i love how chuds say trump lives in liberals heads rent free but this stupid gently caress can't go 25 seconds without melting down about biden

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

then buy the ones I sent you a link for and tell the shop to put them on. If they aren't horrible they will put them on for you.

Buying tires online and bring them to a shop OP? surely the shipping must be outragous

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

they will not install flat tires you moron

lmao

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tire popped; so what

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Tire POOPED