Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I puilled into the drive and my tire (tyre to brit goons) was making a pssssssssssssssss noise. Sure enough it is now flat. I suppose this will run me good little number. I'm sure the freaks will want to replace all the tires instead of putting a plug in for a song. How much does a set of tires run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

maybealabia posted:

Free if you steal them

Shan't get political but theres a big problem with crime lately and * is thankfully putting police funding into hyperdrive.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it cost me $450 to buy four all weather tires last time

Was that pre or post *****flation?

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Just checked costco and the cheapest set of four is over 800. Shan't speculate upon whom'st to thank for this little number

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how big are your tires? that does actually matter

17 inches apparently OP

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Is costco a bad place to get tires or something? It seems the local goodyear tire shop i can get away with like $500 to replace them all but costco tips the scales at 800 for the lowest.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I already had a different one patched and the absolute cads at walmart tried to get me to replace them all. The tread looks fine to me how to I estimate if its still good.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I forget if I have ever replaced the tires on this car that I've had for about 3 years. I've certainly patched one. Might have replaced two? can't specculate. the tread looks absolutely fine isn't there some test I can do with a quarter or some nonsense.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

quick look up is $68 per tire. not including the work. like I said about at best $400

and where might this be OP?

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
discount tire has only four kinds of tire in stock for my car the cheapest of which is 86 each for a "sentrury UHP" surely a brand I can take to the bank

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

then buy the ones I sent you a link for and tell the shop to put them on. If they aren't horrible they will put them on for you.

Buying tires online and bring them to a shop OP? surely the shipping must be outragous

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Hey Bob, I'll buy your Xbox for 200 bucks so you can get a couple tires

I am not allowed to make perfectly legitimate posts selling my xbox unfortunately

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

MrQwerty posted:

that post was perfectly legitimate in the same way the phonecall in Georgia was perfect

Shan't rehash old news but I would have legitmately shipped my xbox on a white-glove fashion to the right buyer but that was never allowed to materialize for reasons yet obscure

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Vampire Panties posted:

:haibrow:

OP if you can hear the leak than its probably small enough to be repaired, or at least resealed with the tire foam gunk.

Quick tip - if you put the tire gunk in, TELL THE TIRE SHOP GUYS when they pop the tire off the wheel that poo poo flys e v e r y w h e r e

lol very tempting to waste an 8 piece on the do it yourself sprayfoam fix

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

MrQwerty posted:

i told him last time i needed a plug discount did it for free and then he posted about how the tires discount is selling look lovely so

wwhat in the world

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Vampire Panties posted:

Changing tires on a modern car with the included tools is a complicated PITA. If you have AAA, use it.

My driveway is dirt and im not thinking to futz around with the fail included jack. AAA can come out what am I even paying them for

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I posted a vid of myself riding my real bike on the Nom Radio YouTube channel but yall been sleeping on it heavy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Charles Bukowski posted:

Jeeps often helpfully have a perfectly good tire just sitting on the back of it.

DOOR STUCK

Cellar door 🤣🤣🤣🤣