Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

You Are A Werewolf posted:

Is this potion vegan? The eye of newt concerns me.

I can transmogrify them to potatoes so it will be eye of potato if they works?

The potatoes might still have tongues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Old school Four Loko?! What evil did you have to do to get your hands on that stuff, you sicko? Just kidding, girl, you're wild, let's do this

I won't give details but it involves doing counter-clockwise donuts in a white 1989 Camaro while reciting the lyrics to the Humpty Dance in Latin.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I was supposed to stir 666 times counterclockwise, but I messed up around 420, it should still come out ok if I restart?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Itchy_Grundle posted:

I won't give details but it involves doing counter-clockwise donuts in a white 1989 Camaro while reciting the lyrics to the Humpty Dance in Latin.

Yes, it’s very important to keep your deosil and widdershins straight with this older magic. Deosil turns gets you Bartles and Jaymes instead of 4 Loko.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Cobra Commander posted:

I was supposed to stir 666 times counterclockwise, but I messed up around 420, it should still come out ok if I restart?

*looking at plastic bag* uh.. this isn't Oregano

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
*mournfully intoning*
you won’t taste it in the final dish, but
add some soy sauce, it adds some nice umami flavors
*chime rings*
add some fish sauce, it adds some nice umami flavors
*chime rings*
add some tomato paste, it adds some nice umami flavors
*chime rings*
add some worcestershire sauce, it adds some nice umami flavors
*chime rings*
add some mushroom powder, it adds some nice umami flavors
*chime rings*
add an anchovy filet, it adds some nice umami flavors
*chime rings*
add some msg, it adds some nice umami flavors
*chime rings*
add some oyster sauce, it adds some nice umami flavors
*chime rings*
add some roasted garlic, it adds some nice umami flavors
*chime rings*
add some XO sauce, it adds some nice umami flavors
*chime rings*
add some smoked paprika, it adds some nice umami flavors
*chime rings*
add some nutritional yeast, it adds some nice umami flavors
*chime rings*
add some caramelized shallots, it adds some nice umami flavors
*chime rings, thunder crashes*

now that the thirteen umami bombs are assembled, dear sisters, let us proceed with the Deglazing of the Fond
*more thunder, unskippable sponsored ad for a meal delivery service*

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

You Are A Werewolf posted:

Is this potion vegan? The eye of newt concerns me.

Impossible Newt

Vertical stats GBS verified 6/30/2023 185.4cm

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Umami bomb is my new online dating profile title

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Kind of want to paint it on my bare chest and interrupt the Grammys

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

No matter what I do, I can never get the tail of newt to eye of frog ratio correct.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Dick Bastardly posted:

potion craft: alchemist simulator is a fun vidya game and I recommend it to everyone itt

somewhat similar but different recommendation is strange horticulture. i love both games so much!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Pragmatica posted:

somewhat similar but different recommendation is strange horticulture. i love both games so much!

I haven't played but read up on it a little and it seems like a fun narrative driven game. I like potion craft because of the management sim aspect of it.

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Oh for the love of Hecate... for the last time, if you're short on an herb that a recipe calls for, let us know and we'll go get more! Allspice is NOT a viable substitute!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Allspice has All Spices, that's in the name! It's a perfectly valid substitute 95% of the time

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

It's not my fault the weather report was wrong, anyway help me hook this bluetooth speaker up so I can play "3 Hours Of Spooky Thunderstorm"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

It's not my fault the weather report was wrong, anyway help me hook this bluetooth speaker up so I can play "3 Hours Of Spooky Thunderstorm"

I tell ya, witches these days have no respect for the craft anymore. Recordings of thunderstorms? Back in my day we had to summon up a real thunderstorm and be ready for the dramatic lightning flashes at every moment, not knowing when it would happen. Nowadays it's all pre-recorded thunder and stage lighting flashes on demand. It's all so fake and manufactured. No authenticity to it at all.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Anyone got that new recipe for love potions from Witches And Hags Quarterly? Valentine's Day is coming up soon so I'm trying to stock up. That new potion sounds like it could hit a different crowd than usual so it could expand my business

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Soooooooo, I forgot the hearthstone upon which the blood of unbaptized children has been spilled. My bad, I can go get it now if you guys don't mind waiting? Cool, cool, and hey--you know what I didn't forget? A bunch of PBR and half an ounce of weed! Help yourselves, I'll be right back

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

bird food bathtub posted:

I tell ya, witches these days have no respect for the craft anymore. Recordings of thunderstorms? Back in my day we had to summon up a real thunderstorm and be ready for the dramatic lightning flashes at every moment, not knowing when it would happen. Nowadays it's all pre-recorded thunder and stage lighting flashes on demand. It's all so fake and manufactured. No authenticity to it at all.

You're so stuck in the old ways, but just give cold nitrogen-brewed pour-over potions a chance. It's so much better!

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Allspice has all of the spices, therefore it cannot be wrong

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

*sigh*

Would anyone happen to have a laptop with them so we can open the Thumb Drive of Shadows?

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
Whoa, wear a loving hair net! Do you want the health department on our rear end again?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Sorry everyone! Sorry I'm late! The hurly-burly went into overtime

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Sorry everyone! Sorry I'm late! The hurly-burly went into overtime

*muttering under breath* well... by the pricking of my thumbs...

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

I picked up a Witches World at the grossery store, waiting in line, and in between articles about this year's frightening trends, there was a small blurb about making layered "instant potion" jars as gifts. Like, you just layer in all the dry ingredients, affix a horrid spell on a recipe card listing the ingredients to finish the potion, tie a ribbon to it, and it's ready to go.

Do you think our dear Hagatha would like this as part of her hut warming basket??? Or are we just delivering this ready made? I think the basket is a cute idea AND she can fill it with souls to drag to hell. Fun AND practical. Everyone loves going to hell in a hand basket.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

floppyspud posted:

Allspice has all of the spices, therefore it cannot be wrong

That's why it's not an acceptable substitute! You're supposed to be adding one thing, not all the things! And there's proportionally less of the needed thing, so you're not even adding the correct amount!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Dilute the solution several times and it will come out stronger, more efficacious. Homeopathic potion.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

overhears gossip

“…I’m just saying, there are stereotypes about people who have “Hex, Love, Laugh” in Blackadder font on their living room wall for a reason, you know?”

Thora fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 18, 2023

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Yeah, most of the "spell hacks" on Witch-Tok are garbage, but this channel actually has good tips

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Lol yeah I saw a Five Minute Spellcrafts video and I'm who the hex ever gonna do that?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Brawnfire posted:

Lol yeah I saw a Five Minute Spellcrafts video and I'm who the hex ever gonna do that?

Oh, half of those stupid videos are just mage-bait

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

W.T. Fits posted:

That's why it's not an acceptable substitute! You're supposed to be adding one thing, not all the things! And there's proportionally less of the needed thing, so you're not even adding the correct amount!

Easy fix: add more of the allspice. Need 4 grams of rosemary? That’s 50 grams of allspice. Problem solved.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
Farm & Cauldron's shiplap entry way (complete with a Claes Oldenburg sculpture of a broom hanging from the ceiling) already distinguishes it from the other hex and haunt eateries in Bushwick, but I knew we were in for something special when our party was hastened to our very own ritual circle room, an intimate space hung with Taureg lamps and Moroccan rugs (all around the requisite communal iron cauldron, of course), an iconoclastic decor that head chef and manager Agatha Spitegaunt says is meant to capture the "East Meets West Meets Underworld" theme that she has been exploring in her thirty years in witchcraft (including most recently as a sous witch in the lamentably closed Manhattan staple Walpurgisnacht). The menu is eclectic: riffs on the potions that Spitegaunt grew up imbibing at her mother's table combined with innovative and sometimes even outré concoctions. The deconstructed "potion of blindness," for instance, eschews the familiar tongue of bat for a layered tripe and truffle dumpling that tastes more like Sichuan than Salem.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

floppyspud posted:

Easy fix: add more of the allspice. Need 4 grams of rosemary? That’s 50 grams of allspice. Problem solved.

ALLSPICE IS ITS OWN SPICE, DAMMIT! Honest to Hecate, this is like the time you insisted we could just crumble up some clove cigarettes because you forgot to bring enough nutmeg

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Call that Djarum Black Magic

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
anyone holding that good herb and mushroom goop? the stuff that makes you hella crazy and see demons in the woods when you rub it on various mucosal membranes?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

What time do you think the invoking will start? I have to be somewhere at 7.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Fat Albert in a can posted:

What time do you think the invoking will start? I have to be somewhere at 7.
we have been over this so many times. nautical twilight is when the power of the fey spirits wax, and that requires a commitment to BE PRESENT. remember when the tree roots grabbed Catherine and pulled her into the woods? we can't have that happen again.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

nice obelisk idiot posted:

anyone holding that good herb and mushroom goop? the stuff that makes you hella crazy and see demons in the woods when you rub it on various mucosal membranes?

Amanitas? Yeah I can hook you up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

nice obelisk idiot posted:

we have been over this so many times. nautical twilight is when the power of the fey spirits wax, and that requires a commitment to BE PRESENT. remember when the tree roots grabbed Catherine and pulled her into the woods? we can't have that happen again.

Catherine was an unworthy neophyte who got the end she earned. Too bad the tree roots didn't snake over and snatch that drat "Hex, Love, Laugh" decal off her living room wall while they were at it.