Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Does anyone mind if I put "The Craft" on in the background? The original, I haven't seen the new one. Or at least the soundtrack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Don't mind me. I just brought my bluetooth speaker so we can listen to a playlist I made of some witchy tunes while we brew.

*"Season of the Witch" by Donovan begins*

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Ahhh, that got a little angry and judgy, sorry about that. Let's all chant, come on, you know the words! Eko, eko, azarak!
moves hands in a come on join in lets forget that little bit of ugliness ever happened, gonna gloss right over it

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Does anyone mind if I put "The Craft" on in the background? The original, I haven't seen the new one. Or at least the soundtrack?

TV's out of juice. sorry.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

I may have a lightning elemental in my bag, hold on let me look.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Well this has become quite the brew-haha.

Or, as they say in Spanish, a bruja jaja.

Which makes me laugh.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Brawnfire posted:

Well this has become quite the brew-haha.

Or, as they say in Spanish, a bruja jaja.

Which makes me laugh.

Wow, Ludmilla, that joke just gets funnier every time you say. Can't wait to hear you tell it again at book club, too

Sorry, that was uncalled for. I'm just upset about the TV being out

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

*incoherent cackling*

Buddy_Cthulhu
Jun 10, 2005

I found these delightful little pods of a color I can't entirely place at Bed, Bath, and Beyond the Wall of Sleep. I know today's children are into eating pods of some sort so maybe we can tempt them into the cauldron with these. Candy houses don't seem to work as well these days for some reason.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Buddy_Cthulhu posted:

Candy houses don't seem to work as well these days for some reason.

Are you making them out of gingerbread? No one likes gingerbread.

Try like nice tasting stuff like cake and chocolate and what not.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
The clockwise cauldron stirrer is what Alton Brown calls a “unitasker”: I’ve never purchased one for my coven, and the ones I’ve received as gifts from the basalt altar in the woods always break after a few uses. Plus, I think you’ll create a superior product by manually stirring, especially since you can reach all the way to the bottom of the cauldron to see if anything is sticking that means you need to damp down the fire. And, hey, can’t help to burn a few calories before sampling those fatty and greasy potions, am I right?

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Ok, I've engineered a system to capture waste heat from the cauldron to produce steam that turns a metal rod between coils of wire that produces tiny portable lightning. I think we can manufacture these and sell them to other witches. I just need some starter capital.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Manservants are unionized with full benefits now, I hire a couple during peak season for the mass production cauldrons. Works out pretty well when they consistently remember which way the stir goes.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Fat Albert in a can posted:

Manservants are unionized with full benefits now, I hire a couple during peak season for the mass production cauldrons. Works out pretty well when they consistently remember which way the stir goes.

Personally I prefer Cauldron Imps. Sure, they're a little less reliable, but they're so cute, and the high-pitched cackling really adds to the ambience. Plus, if one falls in the cauldron, it just adds to the flavour!

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

They do add a nice sulphuric tang when that happens.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
But then you're doing rituals to do rituals, and that's another path down which madness lies. It ends up with fractal rituals all the way down and whose got the time for that?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

*beep beep boop boop beep boop beep*

ring

Hey Bellatrix, your Uber Eats delivery is here, I'm right here at the front so I'll bring it to you in a sec. Bring the driver also? We're really not supposed to, can I ask wh... ooooooooh... No, that's ok, never mind, be there in a sec

:ohdear:

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

ALLSPICE IS ITS OWN SPICE, DAMMIT! Honest to Hecate, this is like the time you insisted we could just crumble up some clove cigarettes because you forgot to bring enough nutmeg

And? It worked, didn’t it? Well, it didn’t explode, so could’ve been worse.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

drat, a real cast iron cauldron? AND a blasted heath? I usually have to make do with a teflon pot and a camping stove in the dog park. :smith:

Buddy_Cthulhu
Jun 10, 2005

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Personally I prefer Cauldron Imps. Sure, they're a little less reliable, but they're so cute, and the high-pitched cackling really adds to the ambience. Plus, if one falls in the cauldron, it just adds to the flavour!
Yes but hells, then you get the local town council all riled up about dangerous illegal denizens of the Hells being brought in. Nevermind its probably one of their recent ancestors what made a bargain.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Hey so I know this is usually witches only but this nice warlock I met really wants to come hang out next time we're brewing and you know...?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

There’s a Bewitched marathon on!

How about we put away these giant wooden spoons and the incantation tome for a day and just veg out watching Bewitched?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

I know everyone's feeling the pinch at the register in the supplies hut, however unlike the still-unsettled allspice debate,

this:

is not an acceptable substitute for Toil and Trouble™ under any circumstances.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

That's what happens when you order ingredients off of Witsh

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ask not for whom the bell toils: it toils for thee.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

unlike the still-unsettled allspice debate

Allspice = allpowerful

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

*stirring sounds intensify*

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Has anyone seen my familiar? He's an orange cat with thumbs, answers to Gatito Malo, wearing a green collar with a heart-shaped tag

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Okay, he's actually just a cat, named Mr. Whiskers.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

alright, let's get this party started!
*pours a bottle of cheap vodka into the cauldron*

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Okay, I found Mr. Whiskers in the mint patch--some of that is probably catnip, fyi--but I also found what might have been someone else's familiar. Or what's left of it. If someone here is missing a big black rat with three eyes, I owe you

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Matilda's gonna be pissed and we'll never hear the end of it. Every year now it's gonna be "My familiar this" and "My familiar that". You're the one who gets to deal with that.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Anyone else smell something burning in the kitc..
MY GOBLIN ROAST!!!

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
Delightfully devilish, Agatha… I’ll simply go to Spirit Halloween, and disguise it as my own brewing!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Yes, and you call them Broiled Hearts, when they are obviously grilled.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Something has changed within me...

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Okay, I found Mr. Whiskers in the mint patch--some of that is probably catnip, fyi--but I also found what might have been someone else's familiar. Or what's left of it. If someone here is missing a big black rat with three eyes, I owe you

Back in the late 80s this really tall old feller with a Maine accent told me about a place...

Brawnfire posted:

Something has changed within me...

Something is not the same. I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game, HBU?

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
You gals want marshmallows or whipped cream on yours?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

On our what? :crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Back in the late 80s this really tall old feller with a Maine accent told me about a place...

I'm not allowed back there, I told the farmer that he looked like Herman Munster and now the whole drat town has me banned. It was a compliment! Herman Munster is a sex symbol!

Anyway, where's Matilda? Might as well get this over with