Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.
Never before has high finance been this cool and edgy. And maybe it never will be again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The stylish bandit slayer strikes again.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I can't believe it took me until Alpha saying "come now, Lord Shadow would never talk like that" to realize that Cid talks to Delta completely differently from the way he talks to the rest of Shadow Garden.

Simple words and lots of repetition because Delta's brain is 1% cognitive functions and 99% HUNT AND KILL, true, but I think it's also because Delta has seen Cid punch good and that's all you need to do to impress Delta. All of his Shadow posing is just completely lost on her.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I appreciate the reminders in the overview shots of the city that oh yeah, he left a giant crater in the middle of it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I hope Cid makes up to Alpha, poor girl was absolutely devastated.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

CommieGIR posted:

I hope Cid makes up to Alpha, poor girl was absolutely devastated.

Knowing him he won't. I mean this is a guy who can't be bothered to learn the identities of his subordinates outside the ones he's known for years and he personally rescued each and every one of them.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
As far as Alpha is concerned he already did, she's fine.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Kwyndig posted:

Knowing him he won't. I mean this is a guy who can't be bothered to learn the identities of his subordinates outside the ones he's known for years and he personally rescued each and every one of them.

If their numbers are consistent, there's like 700 people there. I'm pretty sure most of the recruits never even met him.
Those girls are fairly self sufficient.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Delta is great and it makes me sad when others are mean to her.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Spookydonut posted:

look you sometimes gotta be strict with dogs or they'll wreck your perfectly good Brooding Train

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Spookydonut posted:

Zeta's pretty much got to, though, because a) cat, therefore eternal dog rival and b) she can actually dodge.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Speaking of Delta, remember Cid casually sending her off to hunt Juggernaut since she was getting in his way? The short animators remembered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPL2uS8rgZk

Full playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3ongWuaWwZOFiW_8skW2Aj-lB1wj0V3C

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sindai posted:

Speaking of Delta, remember Cid casually sending her off to hunt Juggernaut since she was getting in his way? The short animators remembered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPL2uS8rgZk

Full playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3ongWuaWwZOFiW_8skW2Aj-lB1wj0V3C

alternate title: po tato almost dies

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

I know this isn't news but goddd Skel and Po suck so much

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

I know this isn't news but goddd Skel and Po suck so much

They must, in order to be good cover.

Edit: I am appreciative of more Nu as well.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 24, 2023

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

been a while since I've seen just a straight up filler episode

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

I'm glad most everyone except Skel and Po had a nice somewhat relaxing day off while completing their quest.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Skel and Po had decent days for them, they just blocked most of it out due to the spots of horrifying pain they deserve for being Skel Etal and Po Tato.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh boy the marriage plotline. There's some cool stuff going on in this plot. Will Shadow confess to a girl? (Of course not)

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

Whoops.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Kwyndig posted:

Oh boy the marriage plotline. There's some cool stuff going on in this plot. Will Shadow confess to a girl? (Of course not)

Yup. Shadow off to rescue Rose again from herself and her troubles.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can't believe our boy has done some actual self reflection in this episode.

Edit: Also a good reminder that Cid does on some level care about people, provided he can look cool doing it.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 30, 2023

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Say is this another 2 cours? The story gets pretty wild after this arc and I'd love to see it animated.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Kwyndig posted:

Say is this another 2 cours? The story gets pretty wild after this arc and I'd love to see it animated.

It's on here as 12 eps but I don't know how reliable that is.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well checking hi dive they only have episode listings up to 32, so a single cour is looking likely. That's too bad.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Kwyndig posted:

Well checking hi dive they only have episode listings up to 32, so a single cour is looking likely. That's too bad.

Look at it this way, if they end this right it's some extremely hard bait for a third season.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Glazius posted:

Look at it this way, if they end this right it's some extremely hard bait for a third season.

Or an OVA, then probably a wait to get enough for a third season.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I like how Perv Asshat never bothers to actually open his jewelry case and look at his prize, not even to show it to his boss (who I think is voiced by DIO, need to look at a cast listing to make sure).

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
perv asshat only surviving because of his name being extremely funny

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

The extremely dramatic somber romance music playing while Cid eats cookies chatting with Rose is hilarious.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A nice touch that is in the manga and I presume the web/light novels but wasn't mentioned in the anime is that Cid initially considers doing the mob bit of actually being terrible at the piano, but he decides against it because it would embarrass Epsilon. He does care about the people he's involved with even if he doesn't want to admit it to himself most of the time.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Yeah Cid is funny like that - He wants to be a mob, he wants to be alone, but he really does care about nearly everyone he runs into, he just is really awkward about it and deludes himself about why he helps them.

He's chuuni as hell, long story short - everything has to have a 'fictional' justification for him to make it cooler.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 8, 2023

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
His dialog with rose was a great bit, it took me a while to realise he was repeating the same things over and over

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
What's the deal with the official novel translations being so slow, i would have thought they'd be trying to catch up what with the anime but its been 18+ months since vol 4 dropped in english, are they selling poorly or something?

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010

Spookydonut posted:

What's the deal with the official novel translations being so slow, i would have thought they'd be trying to catch up what with the anime but its been 18+ months since vol 4 dropped in english, are they selling poorly or something?

yen press does english releases and they don't do digital only releases iirc, and the printing industry got hosed by covid. their release schedules for most other series they do haven't been very consistent as well though

but YP is also p opaque compared to other ln publishers so, like, nobody actually knows what's up with all the delay issues they've been having afaik

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
movie for the next arc, no release date yet

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Movie or OVA is what I'd expect for the next arc based on its length, then probably a good while to have enough material for a third season.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Excited, they basically set it up for an OVA or another season at the end of this one.

SPOILERS IN VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS_yOTv2CJs

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm not sure I'm a fan of these shorter arcs being made into movies, but if it's a choice between that and no more anime for years I'll take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Chasing those Mugen Train dollars yen

At least it'll look pretty